As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't know why i do it.

The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple,unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
This came from the below basically.

I posted this on Gaia Online, as the internets is a wasteland today and i was going through my old bookmarks and found a peice of me.
I just visited the forst forum i ever joined.

It was a forum for the discussion of adventure quest, not the official ones though.
I joined right in a boom of new members, April 2005, everyone knew each other, and we basically spent the whole time being good human beings. Fuck i enjoyed those days. Later the owner of the site left, and passed the site on to another fella. and things started to decline.

It was slow, but noticable. It went from 25 members a day, and now, well, fuck i kinda dont wont to talk about it. People still post, but the whole board is so nostalgic i cant barely keep a straight face.

I met a member called ubersquirrel there, who after i deleted my account on AQ by accident, let me use his. We became damn good friends and eventually we ended up here.

Here led on to hundreds of other things, namely webcomics, which i spend massive amounts of my time looking at, and they provide my main forum dosage.

But the old stomping boards of my early days are gone, replaced by a bit of a wasteland, the first page of a forums topics go back almost a month. On the active boards.

I read a few posts of mine on those boards, the really early ones. Fuck i was carefree then. everything was all fun and games, no thinking to it, and what thinking there was was enjoyable, fun.

I hate what i have turned out to be. Just another bitter, sarcastic internet asshole trying his hardest not to be forgotten. The fact is i will be. Even on my old boards the newer members dont know my name, but they know others.

You can trash this thread, fuck, i dont care.
I deserve it.

Alot of the stuff there is related to the forum, but seems to be relevent to everyone in today's society of facade after facade.
This shit probably doesnt warrant its own thread.

Here is the picure i made, it sucks, it didnt take long, but it is the first true thing to come out of me in a long, long time.
BabyinaHardShell.jpg

The Black Hunter on

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    What are you thinking? Why are you posting this here? Who the fuck are you?

Grifter on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Grifter wrote: »

Now really is not the best time to be asking me this.

Feel free to delete it and i wont post in this forum again.

The Black Hunter on
  • EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, what exactly is the point of this thread?

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    EntrY wrote: »
    So, what exactly is the point of this thread?

I don''t know.

I just realised i turned into everything i hated.

Nothing i have done in the last hour feels like i have accomplished what i wanted to.

I feel pathetic.

I have nothing to say really. I'll delete this thread, though I'll probably fuck that up like everything else i have ever tried in life.

The Black Hunter on
    edited May 2007

When would be a good time then? When you don't post it?

Let me get this straight. You're getting all touchy feely because a time in your life that was only two years ago is the best time in your life due to a web forum? You must be about 13. Go out and live a little, mate.

Grifter on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    DSCN8310_500.jpg

bombardier on
    edited May 2007

When would be a good time then? When you don't post it?

Let me get this straight. You're getting all touchy feely because a time in your life that was only two years ago is the best time in your life due to a web forum? You must be about 13. Go out and live a little, mate.

I have lived, you might scoff, hell you're probably having a laugh right now.
    I have drunk, smoked and hung out with every generic crowd under the sun and the only people i have ever met who weren't total dickwads in some way or anther were on that forum, i made friendships that lasted years. Hell Now i know i sound like a retard.

Delete this thread, i fucking hate myself.

The Black Hunter on
  • EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did you consider therapy?

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
    edited May 2007
    Oh no. You made it. Now you have to live with it. At least for the time being. You came to the wrong place to be a whiny little bitch.

Grifter on
  • HobbesHobbes Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    protip: When stuff like this happens, it's best to just back away from the keyboard and monitor, and go play outside and enjoy nature.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thank you for this thread.

weirdcatuo3.jpg

CheerfulBear on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I have lived, you might scoff, hell you're probably having a laugh right now.
    I have drunk, smoked and hung out with every generic crowd under the sun and the only people i have ever met who weren't total dickwads in some way or anther were on that forum, i made friendships that lasted years. Hell Now i know i sound like a retard.

You know, this doesn't mean you're not 13.

EntrY might be on to something, here.

lyrium on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ok...so you've drank and smoked, and hung out with fake friends in generic crowds...and you think thats living?
    i could tell you to follow a dream...i could tell you to pour yourself into your "art" and make something, i could tell you to make new friends, or meet a girl, or go to thearpy.

i could tell you those things...but i think you just want attention.
    and maybe i'm too mean...but if someone was honest and just said "i need some help" and not come out like a little winy bitch i would say those things.

but might i suggest that if you're that unhappy....kill yourself. in a interesting way. have a friend film it, and post it on youtube, and you will forever be remembered.

now....lets get creative, how should this guy off himself?

my vote...jump the fence at the zoo and punch the tiger/bear/lion or other large carniverous animal square in the nuts. i would watch that.

NakedZergling on
    edited May 2007
    I pm'd him and I think he read it and then just took my advice w/o replying. I think other than people flaming this thread, it's done now.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    but might i suggest that if you're that unhappy....kill yourself. in a interesting way. have a friend film it, and post it on youtube, and you will forever be remembered.

my vote...jump the fence at the zoo and punch the tiger/bear/lion or other large carniverous animal square in the nuts. i would watch that.

Um, I know I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm pretty sure this is a really bad thing to post.
    The Black Hunter, if you seriously are depressed, I don't think an art forum on the internet can help you, but you should really find people who can, and not take jokes like this to heart.

Now, if you aren't really depressed, listen to some good music, find something to do, and stop whining.

lyrium on
  • Aaron LeeAaron Lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Internet life is tough man, I feel ya.

err.....wait

Aaron Lee on
    edited May 2007
    Hobbes wrote: »
    I think other than people flaming this thread, it's done now.

Well, we have to salvage what we can.

Oh, and perhaps he should hang himself from a ceiling fan while it's turned on. That might be interesting.

Grifter on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude, what? Man up and move forward! Better things will come, internet forums are great but having healthy human relationships are much better. Go out, make some friends!

If you have friends, go out and hang with them. If you don't like your friends, get new ones! Having things go down the crapper is part of life, but they can only get better.

Did you know that you psychologically bind your self with your words? If you say things are gonna suck, they probably will because you set yourself up for suckyness. Wake up, and say "Today is gonna be an awesome day!" and set yourself up for success!!!

EDIT:

Zerling, you're a dick!!!

MagicToaster on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's even better than the OP is the myriad of idiotic responses this is going to generate, like NakedZergling's! Awesome!

catkickna0.jpg

CheerfulBear on
    edited May 2007
    Hobbes wrote: »
    I think other than people flaming this thread, it's done now.

Well, we have to salvage what we can.

Oh, and perhaps he should hang himself from a ceiling fan while it's turned on. That might be interesting.

:P So in turn, making ourselves feel better, and making this dude want to jump off a cliff?

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    lyrium wrote: »

Um, I know I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm pretty sure this is a really bad thing to post.
    The Black Hunter, if you seriously are depressed, I don't think an art forum on the internet can help you, but you should really find people who can, and not take jokes like this to heart.

Now, if you aren't really depressed, listen to some good music, find something to do, and stop whining.

if it's someone desperatly "reaching out" and my post would convince him to actually off himself. I might feel bad. For about 3 min.
    Anyone who would kill themselves because a complete stranger on a forum says too, is so far gone, that its pathetic. There's really only two ways this can play.
    1) he truely wants to kill himself, in which case nothing we do will matter.
    2) he wants attention, and he's going about it in the dumbest way possible. WE CAN'T SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. aside from saying "you need therapy" which poeple have already said, there's nothing we can do.

people who are serious about killing themselves usually just do it.

plus come on...a video of him taking on a grizzley bear...tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

NakedZergling on
    edited May 2007
    Ok, I'm bored with this now.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.