As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Think of this: in a game where kill causes aren't given, would a mafia claim anything other than vig?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fine, fine, Rawkking.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We could do our best to get a three way tie.

It would be ballin
    Why...?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Voting out phyphor isn't a good idea since if there is a guard that's not phyphor (thus making phyphor a likely mafioso) kellie will know pretty soon.

I do appreciate the probability considerations, but next time I expect real math shown, and it to give us a useful conclusion :P
    Then who the fuck do we vote out?

Ahem!
    Rawkking.

You happy now?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We could do our best to get a three way tie.

It would be ballin
    Why...?

To see what happens!

However it appears I can count so it won't happen any ways.

However Rawwking

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tadsols looking way inactive, a common mafia strategy.

towndrunk34 on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am only a villager, so you guys will only see how bad romanqwerty at this game, and feel a bit bad for killing a fresh reserve on the day he came in :P

Anyways, I'm gonna call for a stew_stick out of left field for appearing remarkably competent while having remarkably little posting activity.

I will change my vote to romanqwerty soon because I am remarkably petty.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rawkking.

If Phyphor is a guard...I really don't want him dead. And if he isn't...

Well, you'll know when I die :P .

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Romanqwerty

the pettiest

[tiny]voting someone for pegging a special as a mafia is bad form, guys : [[/tiny]

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rawkking

I want to get in the fridge too!

schuss on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Then that means I get the freezer!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rawkking for skin-saving

Phyphor on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vote Closed.

This....might take a bit.

I also want to apologize for narration last night, i lost the fight to the migraine. Tonight will be better.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So yeah, complete vanillager.

Better loss than Phyphor or Kellie.

I'd guess that 3clipse isn't evil.

Romanqwerty is not contributing much to the village all, he would have been the safe vote for today but you guys just jumped on him because he pointed the finger first :T

Stew_stick, I'd keep an eye on him.

The rest of you bandwagoners, shame on you if you're village!

Edit: I'm being vocal because the village reasoning isn't that great by attacking someone that's vocal. I'm not actually mad, I had a lot of fun today even though I lost to the vote :)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Romanqwerty is not contributing much to the village all, he would have been the safe vote for today but you guys just jumped on him because he pointed the finger first :T

We all pointed fingers. Just mine didn't hit a claimed special.

For the record, I don't trust Phyphor one bit, his reveal reeks of bullshit.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Hitting a claimed special is a good thing, at least in that it shows that you're paying attention. It's bad because the special is revealed, but it doesn't serve as a real valid cause for negative action. Specials always come up seeming as mafia unless they're very good, as they generally use the same strategies to avoid notice and thus death.

It would be arguably worse if Phyphor was a vanillager as it would be more likely I was just pointing fingers randomly.

Mafiosos who detect specials who are acting like mafia usually just order kills on them instead of pointing them out.

Anyways, ahava's gonna kill me pretty soon, good luck guys :)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Going to be including the rest of last night's intended narration into tonights. Just behind a spoiler.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

For the record if Phyphor is actually evil I think it's more likely that romanqwerty is mafia because of this ;)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did I ghost post?

I did now!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Day One Narration:
    You had been holed up within the house for another day, and the blood supply was almost gone, but your thirst had not yet been sated. Ilona had not looked or spoken to you since last night, and for that much you were grateful. You doubted that you could handle another talking to from her. The scream last night had knocked you out. The bizarre thing was what happened afterwards.

You had been carried by the others upstairs and while unconscious, Ilona spoke to you in your mind. She told you of her childhood in a small Hungarian village. She told you of how happy she had been, she was going to marry a young man that she loved. On her wedding night, however, the strangers came into the village. She was torn from her new husband’s arms as he was killed on the spot. Ilona could not remember everything that was said, but there were explanations about the Treaty, and it being fulfilled, and how she was the only eligible choice in the area. Ilona was strapped to a horse and carried off, the screams of her family and friends filled her ears as they were killed. Leave no witnesses behind, that was the way of the Watchers. Ilona had been released into the Confines not long after that, her body bruised and her lip bloodied. She tried to run after those who had left her here, but they had vanished, as if hidden behind something. She stumbled and looked around. And soon, she was surrounded. Not by trees, but by creatures. Men, they appeared to be.

She did not describe what happened next, but your mind did not need the help. They had been vampires, like yourself, and they had fed on her. Slowly. Sip by sip. Bite by bite. Her screams had done nothing to stop them, nothing to protect her. Her body was used over and over and over again as a source of pleasure and sustenance for them. Until there was nothing left in her to taste. And she was left there, on the ground in the woods, her voice still working as she screamed out her anger, rage, and revenge. You could feel those screams that fed the night, and according to the Law of the Ancients, she fought so hard to continue living, she was given that chance. And now, her screams that did not save her from death, have become her only weapon.

Treaty of the Confines; Article Three

Wherein it is understood by the Newly Come that the authority to uphold the edges of the Confines is strictly within their hands, the authority within the limits of the Confines is left to the Children themselves. There will be established an Elder Council, and upon this Council shall sit one of each Child, to govern within the Confines, but to always abide by the Law of the Treaty, and the will of the Newly Come.

--So Signed, Alejandro of the Vampires, Child of the Ancients

You were reawaken to drink, with the promise given that it was not human blood, but that of the animals from within the confines. Girls like Ilona were brought rarely,but they were brought. Nothing new had happened while you were sleeping, other than the arrival of somebody else within the group. He was a tall man, his hair was solid white and hung in a loose mop around his face. He was dressed quite nicely, given the fact that this was apparently a war. He looked down at you, seeing as he was close to seven foot tall, and smiled, “Glad to see you survived, my child.”

Warmth filled you in a way it never used to, you were happy for his approval. The group had gathered around the map of the Confines and the tall man was pointing out situations that had been marked in red.

“My kind lost one here. He was found staked to the ground, his head missing and garlic shoved down his throats. I’m certain that had I stayed in the area any longer, I would have probably smelled holy water and come across a crucifix as well. Their methods have not changed much over the centuries.

“Another band of my hunters were making their way through this section of the woods and came across two human forms. Being young and stupid, my children killed them rather than seek identities. Had they not been so hasty, we would not have lost two more of your kind, Jacques. Sadly though, this was not the case. You should do your best to see to it that your soldiers know to run around as wolves now. Less likely to have lasting damage to our forces done that way.”
    Suddenly, the door burst open and another lupine stumbled in, shaking her fur side to side and the blood and gore and goo that had been matted into her went everywhere. The door slammed closed behind her as she whimpered and limped forward, before laying at the tall man’s feet. She looked up at him, a pitiful look on her face. You’re not entirely sure how you knew that she was a she, but she was. The Tall man looked down and frowned, deeply.

“Why are you here by yourself, Amaterasu? And where is your charge? Why are you here alone? I am about to become very disappointed, aren’t I?”

“I didn’t get the information on the new place, the location of the ambush. I was too late, Alejandro! I was too late! It was chaos, disaster, it was a mess, there were pieces everywhere, the entire clearing is torn to bits. I got there too late. Delphi is dead. I’m almost certain that there was a human in there, almost certain. Everybody else was sure too, we just… there was so much confusion. The Newly Come lit fires, the smoke, nobody could see. Delphi was killed almost instantly, it wasn’t until the fires were out that we saw the rest of the damage. Plenty dead, but none human. One more of your children, that’s all.”

The Tall man, Alejandro, frowned and shook his head. Things were about to get even harder than they had been before.

Results:
    Rawkking- Vampire—Killed in the Crossfire
    Stewstick- werewolf—Killed by overzealous vampires
    3clipes- werewolf – Killed by overzealous vampires
    The Anonymous- Vampire – Staked by the Newly Come

Kellie- demon/seer – Slaughtered by the Newly Come

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ooOoOoOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOoOO

I told you man

I told you about killing vocal players!

ooOoOoOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOoOO

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Godsdammit people!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OoOooOoOooooOoOoOOoooOOOooooOOOooooooOOO

My elaborate revenge act on Raukingu is now complete!

Ha ha ha!

We go down together RAUKINGU!

TOGETHER!

OoOooOoOooooOoOoOOoooOOOooooOOOooooooOOO

Alegis on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ooooOOOOoooo

goddamnit vigs get your shit together

ooooOOOOoooo

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alegiisssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(ok I'm done now, sorry havs)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh god damn it people

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    God damn it indeed the mafia have a roleblock

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oOoOoooOOOOooooOOOOooo

so glad I died on day 1

oooOOOOoooooOOOooooo

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sorry. all updates are done, all PMs are out, have fun

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow...Methinks we need a new plan.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, we've voted out villagers two days now. On the first day, it's only natural. On the second day, it's not that bad. Today is the decider though, we need to hit them (them being the bad guys). I think we need to start looking at the day two wagons. First one is on Kellie. I admit, I considered voting for Kellie myself. I don't think that we're looking for those who are starting wagons, it's the 3rd, 4th, and 5th people on the wagon as well as the real late comers that peak my interest.

Of course, I'm not very good at this...

I'm going to start poking around, and then see what I find.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Last night did not do anything to change my suspicions of Darian and for now it does not seem like we have anything better to do.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well damnit... wasn't back in time to see Kellie's reveal.

BUT since it's obvious the bad guys know something is up after attacking me and failing...

AND we are losing villagers way too fast.

I may as well let everyone know so we can get a network going.

EPIC REVEAL

The bad guys can't kill me until my friend *who will remain anon* dies...

So good specials? CONTACT ME (ESPECIALLY THE VIG) and I can prove it with the results tomorrow.

Garick on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Darian it is till we get something better.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vote: !Garick

Reason: If he cannot die until his friend is dead, this will prove his claim.

Caveat: It will not however prove his alignment.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

i'm not immune to the vote, i'm immune to dying to any abilities. hence my wanting the vig to contact me.

Garick on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Observation: Specials contacting an unproven unknown claiming a non-standard village power with no way of proving alignment is a very bad idea.

Suggestion: Vigilante(s) target Garick to confirm ability, then do not contact anyway.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If Phyphor wasn't a better target, you could just eat the vote yourself, and do the standard mason clearing his partner.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Observation: Specials contacting an unproven unknown claiming a non-standard village power with no way of proving alignment is a very bad idea.

Suggestion: Vigilante(s) target Garick to confirm ability, then do not contact anyway.

This suspicion is fine in theory, but when have the mafia ever actually done it? i cant seem to locate that game.
    Plus, it outs a mafia, should specials contacting him get killed, and voting records can trail from that one to many others.
    So i really dont think he's doing some sort of special trap, from a mafias risk vs reward point of view.

towndrunk34 on