As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2 million [Mass Effect Thread]'s in the first day

1575859606163»

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The problem with the nice Geth?

They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."

Also, you do this because when you were young, neighbors almost killed you and Steve, and frankly, you think they'll try again. Especially after Steven murdered all your neighbors and impaled them on shovels.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »

They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."
    that would be like tom hanks killing wilson. D:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

True.

Especially since you didn't even follow Steve once he left. That would be spying, which would be saying you don't trust Steve, which would be wrong.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

True.

Especially since you didn't even follow Steve once he left. That would be spying, which would be saying you don't trust Steve, which would be wrong.

And really, you're not really entirely convinced that Steve killing people and sticking them on shovels is a bad thing. People are jerks. There's a decent chance that Steve has good reasons for doing it. You just aren't going to do that, because you break out into hives if you take one step from the edge of your farmland.

Also, you're basically the same person as Steve, minus the minor issue of killing other people. At least, as far you're concerned. And you look exactly like him.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i don't even know what the hell these analogies are supposed to be anymore

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quads.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The quarians probably neglected to build download hubs for the robots they didn't think would be sentient and had no reason to preserve in the occasional event of an industrial accident crushing one or whatever. Not that it matters, since the quarian intent was ultimately the extermination of the overmind.
    Ah, my fault then. I was more interested in the issue of the Geth being reintegrated into normal life, which was brought up in the past (and others steered the issue to, if it wasn't already about that). Not a lot of room on how Shepard feels.

Yeah, I wasn't very focused in a lot of my replies and wandered off into that territory on the tangent, but I wasn't disagreeing with your point about galactic views except to reiterate their ignorance. Hard to keep track but I think we're in agreement. :o

So here's a random picture.
    sentinel.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah, my fault then. I was more interested in the issue of the Geth being reintegrated into normal life, which was brought up in the past (and others steered the issue to, if it wasn't already about that). Not a lot of room on how Shepard feels.

Yeah, I wasn't very focused in a lot of my replies and wandered off into that territory on the tangent, but I wasn't disagreeing with your point about galactic views except to reiterate their ignorance. Hard to keep track but I think we're in agreement. :o

It's an ignorance supported by reality, regrettably--namely, your chances of having interacted with an fanatic Geth are pretty low (depending on where you are--and you'd probably be dead if you did), whereas your chances of interacting with a Geth who doesn't want to kill you are nonexistent by comparison. Ashley's frame of mind doesn't sync up very well with reality (especially following the end of ME1 and the continued rise of human prestige), but Council Spaces' approach to the Geth actually works out pretty well (since the non-fanatic Geth enjoy their solitude).

As I've said, it might be a deliberate choice.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    new thread

edit: Tal you gfag :(

Dox the PI on