Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

2 million [Mass Effect Thread]'s in the first day

1575859606163»

Posts

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The problem with the nice Geth?

    They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

    You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

    Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

    It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."

    Also, you do this because when you were young, neighbors almost killed you and Steve, and frankly, you think they'll try again. Especially after Steven murdered all your neighbors and impaled them on shovels.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The problem with the nice Geth?

    They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

    You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

    Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

    It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."
    that would be like tom hanks killing wilson. D:

    curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The problem with the nice Geth?

    They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

    You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

    Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

    It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."

    True.

    Especially since you didn't even follow Steve once he left. That would be spying, which would be saying you don't trust Steve, which would be wrong.

    chiasaur11 on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The problem with the nice Geth?

    They are too nice. They don't go after the rogue Geth because, you know, your buddy Steve thinks ACDC rules, and you listen to a mixtape and don't see the appeal, so he leaves in a huff?

    You don't go off and murder Steve. You shrug and wish him the best with his love of ACDC and go on with your life.

    Which turns out to be a bad idea when Steve forms an ACDC cult and pledges to kill the unbelievers, but there was no reason to see it coming from your prospective.

    It's a bit more like "Steve went off to form a cult and killed everyone he ran into who wasn't a fellow cult member, traveling throughout the world. You, on the other hand, live on a self-sufficient farm, pump your own water, kill your own chickens, maintain your own septic tank, and have spent most of your life hiding from the rest of the world. Of course you're not going to chase after and kill Steve, the one person you talked to."

    True.

    Especially since you didn't even follow Steve once he left. That would be spying, which would be saying you don't trust Steve, which would be wrong.

    And really, you're not really entirely convinced that Steve killing people and sticking them on shovels is a bad thing. People are jerks. There's a decent chance that Steve has good reasons for doing it. You just aren't going to do that, because you break out into hives if you take one step from the edge of your farmland.

    Also, you're basically the same person as Steve, minus the minor issue of killing other people. At least, as far you're concerned. And you look exactly like him.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i don't even know what the hell these analogies are supposed to be anymore

    -Tal on
    2vue7ao.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quads.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The quarians probably neglected to build download hubs for the robots they didn't think would be sentient and had no reason to preserve in the occasional event of an industrial accident crushing one or whatever. Not that it matters, since the quarian intent was ultimately the extermination of the overmind.
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Ah, my fault then. I was more interested in the issue of the Geth being reintegrated into normal life, which was brought up in the past (and others steered the issue to, if it wasn't already about that). Not a lot of room on how Shepard feels.

    Yeah, I wasn't very focused in a lot of my replies and wandered off into that territory on the tangent, but I wasn't disagreeing with your point about galactic views except to reiterate their ignorance. Hard to keep track but I think we're in agreement. :o

    So here's a random picture.
    sentinel.jpg

    SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Ah, my fault then. I was more interested in the issue of the Geth being reintegrated into normal life, which was brought up in the past (and others steered the issue to, if it wasn't already about that). Not a lot of room on how Shepard feels.

    Yeah, I wasn't very focused in a lot of my replies and wandered off into that territory on the tangent, but I wasn't disagreeing with your point about galactic views except to reiterate their ignorance. Hard to keep track but I think we're in agreement. :o

    It's an ignorance supported by reality, regrettably--namely, your chances of having interacted with an fanatic Geth are pretty low (depending on where you are--and you'd probably be dead if you did), whereas your chances of interacting with a Geth who doesn't want to kill you are nonexistent by comparison. Ashley's frame of mind doesn't sync up very well with reality (especially following the end of ME1 and the continued rise of human prestige), but Council Spaces' approach to the Geth actually works out pretty well (since the non-fanatic Geth enjoy their solitude).

    As I've said, it might be a deliberate choice.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    new thread


    edit: Tal you gfag :(

    Dox the PI on
Sign In or Register to comment.