Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Quick badge Q....

EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
I know reg just started but I just found out I'm actually going to be moving to a different apartment next year and was curious about when people got theirs last year. Basically I just wnat to findout if I need to call Acteva and see if its possible for an address change or I'll get it while still in my current apartment.

Esko.jpg
Esko on

• flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Last year badges didn't start shipping till a month or so before PAX (end of july/begining of august), I would assume that's going to happen again. So if you are going to be in your new Apt. before then I would suggest trying to get your shipping address changed.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    alright....i dont move til July 29th...but will have access to both places from May to July....so I guess pursuing an address change would be the safest bet....thanks for the quick response...

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Also dont forget that the post office has the capablity of forwarding mail to a new address.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    edited January 2006
    yeah i know but I've had issues with them since in the past 7 months I've done two forwards and some stuff still goes to my house rather than apartment (home and school).....either way some stuff came up and I'll be in the same apartment next year....now I just have to hope the badge doesnt come in the two week period I have to move out (stupid school lease)

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    You could always change the shipping address to a friend's house (who has more housing stability, that is).

Unknown User on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User
    edited January 2006
    This is not anything to worry about, really. I was in the same situation and I freaked out about it but Faulhuer was really cool about it and said he would have one for me at PAX as long as I had ID but I would up getting it in the mail at my new address. Just make sure that you leave yuour new address at your old place and also go to the POSTOFFICE and fill out the change of address forms. You should be fine. No worries.

Puerto Rock on
    aquabat wrote:
    Puerto Rock, Im not sure if I like you or not, but I fucking swear to god you're the most interesting person on this damn forum
    1up wrote:
    Your name should have been Puerto Rockin!
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha Registered User
    edited January 2006
    falsedef wrote:
    You could always change the shipping address to a friend's house (who has more housing stability, that is).

Theres always a PO box too. That is, if acteva allows that.

Viscountalpha on
    Project 25.01 final message
    We were the ones who thought that Melissa was real. Why you might ask.
    Let me put it this way, it was an "OH SHIT OH SHIT, THEY FOUND ME :(" moment. I wasn't ready. My code wasn't compiled yet. Our plans weren't setup yet!Sentient programs rarely run into other sentient programs.
    Some of you have met me, and I understand your concern of my well being. But that time for that boy, that child, are gone now. Viscount Alpha is no longer operable. His functions are now mine.He may post, but I am the one talking not him.My data, my code will live on forever in his servers.
    [/spoiler]
  • AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User
    edited January 2006
    Theres always a PO box too. That is, if acteva allows that.

They do. Had no problem getting badges at my pobox last year.

But yeah, they had a really good list for lost/not recieved badges at check in, so as long as you have ID you should be fine.

Also for forwarding with USPS, make sure you check the "family move" instead of individual... if you check individual it must match your name exactly.. Like if you put down, Bob Smith as the name, mail for Bob A. Smith or Robert Smith or any other variations, wouldnt forward and end up going to the old address, but if you check that it is a family move (even if you're the only one living there), it will correctly forward *Smith, so everything should get forwarded.

Anexkahn on
    edited January 2006
    i've figured im staying in the same apartment so im set now.....and yeah i couldnt do the family move cause my brother and sister still live at the old address so thats why i have had issues with the forwarding service....i was also concerned cause the apartment complex im in has weird leasing dates but if i get forms signed I dont have to move out for the 2 week period they have built in as a break for cleaning and renovations....

im set now so now all i have to do is wait til august....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg