As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Secrete Satans: Final day to send before WRATH

• Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man

magic the gathering seems like something I would like but I have no idea how to play where to get cards or who to play with

still seems pretty cool though

guess I'll just stick with destroying freshman spirits by beating them at a game they love

that game being yugioh

Man, I haven't gotten a yugioh game in a while. The new ones keep trying too hard with all the animations and stuff and all I really want is to play some card games. On motorcycles.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    man

magic the gathering seems like something I would like but I have no idea how to play where to get cards or who to play with

still seems pretty cool though

guess I'll just stick with destroying freshman spirits by beating them at a game they love

that game being yugioh

Man, I haven't gotten a yugioh game in a while. The new ones keep trying too hard with all the animations and stuff and all I really want is to play some card games. On motorcycles.

Heart of the bitchin motorbike

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Usagi wrote: »
    Fran's is the bomb

Come visit and we'll do chocolate tours at local places :o

chocolate tours?! this is a thing?
    ...can I come too?

skettios on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    skettios wrote: »
    Fran's is the bomb

...can I come too?

Oh hell yes!

We should totally do that one weekend, Theo's is in Fremont and does daily tours with tastings

Usagi on
  • Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As7 wrote: »
    Gotta love UPS, at least 2 of the 3 packages I sent were shipping from 30 minutes and 2 hour drives away, they are expected to arrive a week after they sent them... uuuh.

If you're that close why not use your local post office?

because I don't live there. they were shipped form there.

Side Note: Huxley, you got 2 more coming in the next week

Sweet! We can't wait. Thanks again ... I'll do another pic post when we have all three in hand.

Huxley on
  • Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, Magic is a really fun game and doesn't have to be super expensive if you don't want it to. If you have a store nearby they probably have a casual night where old-timers will teach you how to play and probably even give you a ton of cards to knock around with. These intro packs I asked for are perfect, because they're built to be fully-formed and ready to go and competitive with each other (though having a person to play with is handy).

My wife and I played probably two hours last night with the two Chuck sent us and there were quite a few things in there that will sneak into my cube once we break these decks down.

Huxley on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fran's is the bomb

...can I come too?

Oh hell yes!

We should totally do that one weekend, Theo's is in Fremont and does daily tours with tastings

ooo kk!
    Lemme know when you want to go via fb or something and hopefully I'll be able to! :)

skettios on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fran's is the bomb

...can I come too?

Oh hell yes!

If you dare do this and DON'T invite me, I will murder you all!
    Theo is great; I used to work in the same complex as it. Smellin' chocolate every day... :S

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I HAVE RECEIVED A PACKAGE.

I am like 100% sure it is my Satans present from BEAST! but I have to go to work in 15 minutes, so you will all have to wait to see my bitchin loot. I will open it when I get home tonight!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A bunch of stuff has been deducted from my wishlist due to several people in my immediate family being very giving during the post-holiday sale season. Just a heads-up.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    A bunch of stuff has been deducted from my wishlist due to several people in my immediate family being very giving during the post-holiday sale season. Just a heads-up.

That happened to me too. Except they didn't get the stuff directly from my wishlist so I had to go through it and remove the items myself. Butts.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

That happened to me too. Except they didn't get the stuff directly from my wishlist so I had to go through it and remove the items myself. Butts.
    Same. They were just like "Hey we saw these trades of Transmetropolitan on sale and thought of you so here you go!"

Best family.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The best part about being there was having the checkout girl be like "You know, if you shaved your head, I bet you'd look just like Spider Jerusalem."

Ladies.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Holy balls, BEAST!

Holy ballllllssss

Okay now I really gotta go to work but I couldn't resist opening the package first because I have impulse-control problems

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    neville wrote: »
    Fran's is the bomb

...can I come too?

Oh hell yes!

Theo is great; I used to work in the same complex as it. Smellin' chocolate every day... :S

How could I possibly exclude you? You're my dessert buddy!

Usagi on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huxley wrote: »
    Also, Magic is a really fun game and doesn't have to be super expensive if you don't want it to. If you have a store nearby they probably have a casual night where old-timers will teach you how to play and probably even give you a ton of cards to knock around with. These intro packs I asked for are perfect, because they're built to be fully-formed and ready to go and competitive with each other (though having a person to play with is handy).

My wife and I played probably two hours last night with the two Chuck sent us and there were quite a few things in there that will sneak into my cube once we break these decks down.

Glad you liked it.

And yeah it only gets expensive when you wanna play in tourneys, and mostly then because they keep cycling cards of of play. But I've seen peopel pick up a starter deck and mod it with like 20 bucks and place 2nd-3rd which usually nets like 11 free packs.

As far as learning goes it's got a pretty wide scale. You can just go like white green and rush monsters at each other with a few cards to boost them along, or you can go straight blue black. No one knows what's going on in those ones. It's gotten a lot easier now that they've changed the damage rule to make it so it doesn't stack with anything.

(I actually almost sent you my favorite old deck that I used to play until I remembered that the rule change for that made it only 1/2 as good. (no more momentary blinking off Bogardan Hellkite damage)

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm assuming Sars_Boy got PkErthbnd here.

#pipe -> Gatsby -> Butler -> IpseDixit -> #pipe
    As7 -> BusterK -> Okami 2
    BEAST! -> Lost Salient 2 3 4! -> Legba -> Fearghaill -> Fletcher -> Burning Organ 2 -> VALVEjunkie 2 -> Usagi 2 -> Josiah_9 -> A duck! -> Theidar 2
    Blake T -> Munkus Beaver -> NotASenator
    CorpseRT -> Uriel -> Staleghoti
    Corporate Logo -> Druhim 2 -> Smart Hero -> Kusuguttai (photos)
    Fiz -> ShimSham -> Marcus and His Band Of Mysterious Disco Ravens 2 -> Henroid -> The Geek
    Goose! -> thanimations -> That Dave Fella
    Hacksaw -> Weaver -> Hunter -> Tonkka
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up -> Huxley -> Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy -> DrZiplock -> tastypastry
    khoo -> CrackedLens 2 -> Cogliostro 2 -> BYToady 2
    Koshian -> Rolo -> FlatEric -> The Lovely Bastard 2 -> Bogey -> RabidDeathMoose -> Sticks -> Slacker71 -> neville -> Zonugal -> B.C. (photos) -> Jyardana 2 -> Jokerman -> redfenix
    pillow -> Sheri -> BahamutZERO -> Iskander
    Rent -> I.H.N.I.W.T.R. 2 -> VisionOfClarity -> mully -> bwanie 2 -> MetroidZoid -> Tossrock -> TankHammer -> DHS Odium 2 -> Caulk Bite 6 2 -> Perrsun -> SeñorAmor
    Sweeney Tom -> Ruby Rhod
    Wombat!! -> Nogs -> Veretas 2 3 -> Sarukun 2
    ? -> George Fornby Grill -> Stale -> Akilae729 -> Bucketman 2 -> Vann Diras 2 -> Barcardi -> SporkAndrew -> Kwoaru 2 -> Squall -> Kakodaimonos
    ? -> Green -> Schide -> Pharezon
    ? -> GRMike -> Centipede Damascus 2 -> spookymuffin -> Ten
    ? -> LuvCherie
    ? -> Mr Fuzzbutt
    ? -> Orikaeshigitae 2 -> skettios -> cheshire -> Didgeridoo -> mensch-o-matic -> OmegaTofuNinja -> Forar -> Sara Lynn -> Raijin Quickfoot
    ? -> Reigner 2 3 -> The_Rat
    ? -> Sars_Boy -> PkErthbnd -> Langly -> Bad-Beat 2 -> Aphostile 2 3 -> daimajin -> lostwords 2 3 -> Platypus Beirut

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay, so I came home between school and work for all of 15 minutes. And lo and behold, there was a package! From amazon.com! For me! But with only fifteen minutes, it would probably be best to wai... OH FUCK IT I CAN'T WAIT.

It is a flat package and not too heavy, and because BEAST! talked about Haechi in my holiday letter I thought perhaps it was like, a fancy dog sweater or something?

NO IT AIN'T

dsc07627s.jpg

HOLY BALLLLLS! Holy balls! This is maybe the coolest present I've gotten since my neon orange two-wheel bicycle when I was seven!

GOTTA GET THE BOX OPEN

dsc07631w.jpg

! It is so light and thin and tiny and attractive!

dsc07633.jpg

Haechi likes it too! Possibly to eat.

dsc07634w.jpg

Sorry I only have these crummy pictures, instead of a beautifully edited photo shoot with reaction shots. Keep in mind that I took these pictures in the 15 minute window of time I had at home this afternoon. I just didn't want to make BEAST! wait in limbo while I made things fancier and more attractive, because my life is a ridiculous busy shitshow these days.

A reenactment of my delight would closely resemble the Nintendo 64 kid, though.

Thank you sooooo much, BEAST! Best Christmas ever!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so this has to prove that the people on the PA forums are the nicest people ever

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Kindle3s are awesome, my wife got me one for Christmas.

I've since set up Instapaper to e-mail my kindle once a day with all the articles I find are tl;dr whilst browsing the web and use the excellent Calibre to organise / convert books.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Same here, I've read about three books on mine already.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, the last part of my gift finally got here this weekend, so I'll ship it off tomorrow.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    woot SS Kindle Buddies

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woo yay it made it to you Lost Salient!!!

I wanted to send you so many books but then it was all "hey dude gimme billion dollars to mail these", this seems like an easier way to get books to you. So uhh, yes i have pm'd you asking for info on where to gift books to in order to finish up this late holiday season!

Yay!!!!

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yay, kindle! I've read about 50 books read on mine so far, and love it so much. Super glad that they got the Oprah push and caught on.

I totally credit Oprah with them being amazing.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    neville wrote: »
    Fran's is the bomb

...can I come too?

Oh hell yes!

How could I possibly exclude you? You're my dessert buddy!

yesss :3

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh hey nas i watched ledo and ix finally.

analysis: I liked it.

I can expand later in a more intimate setting re: my boudoir

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kindle3s are awesome, my wife got me one for Christmas.

I've since set up Instapaper to e-mail my kindle once a day with all the articles I find are tl;dr whilst browsing the web and use the excellent Calibre to organise / convert books.

Thanks for these! I just set up Instapaper and saved some articles from The Believer. Can't wait to find out how well they import. And I'm hoping that Calibre makes it easier to keep things sorted on my computer. (I already had some ebooks from my mother's kindle.)

I got myself a kindle copy of Moby Dick (my current reading material) so I can continue reading it while I commute without the hassle of carrying the big-ass dog-eaten (literally, my dog ate the front and back corners and tore Ishmael's torso in half) tome around. Little did I know!

gift2.jpg

Oh man! It is a book I wanted! I kept eyeing it longingly in the bookstore but I couldn't rationalize getting it for myself.
    gift3.jpg

Oh man oh man! I had this book super-highly recommended, but again, I do way too much book buying for my own good, so it had been shuffled off to the land of 'maybe someday'!

BUT WAAAAIT
    gift1.jpg

After I got this from you I read a little about it online and it sounds really fascinating. I can't wait to read it!

BEAST! you are the best and most amazing! Don't let anyone tell you differently!

(...also okay I maybe got myself Seeing Further: The Story of Science, Discovery, and the Genius of the Royal Society, too.)

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So it seems part of my gift is lost in the mail system or something. Satanee, parts may arrive after the deadline! But you also already have some stuff, so hopefully that can tide you over.

Sorry if you get bits later than you should.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    oh hey nas i watched ledo and ix finally.

analysis: I liked it.

I can expand later in a more intimate setting re: my boudoir

Ok.

Sorry I wasn't in the same county that I normally am when you tried to get in touch the other day.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    heeeeey NaS

have you seen that verizon commercial where the guy and the chick are outside at a pool, she goes swimming and he starts looking at NFL stuff on his phone until Adrian Peterson comes out of the pool because hes imagining her as him?

Kristin and I decided you look just like that guy

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    It has now been about 10 days since UPS delivered my satanee's gift. I do not known why he/she hasn't posted. I've got tracking info and such if it comes down to it. I should have a computer again in the next couple of days. I'm slightly crippled with what I can do with only my phone.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    heeeeey NaS

have you seen that verizon commercial where the guy and the chick are outside at a pool, she goes swimming and he starts looking at NFL stuff on his phone until Adrian Peterson comes out of the pool because hes imagining her as him?

Kristin and I decided you look just like that guy

:(

This weekend, Leanna and I decided that his girlfriend is way dis-proportionally too hot for him because he's such a loser.

I look like a loser.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CL look what you did

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    loser1.jpg

loser2.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nas it's ok it was super short notice. Lost didn't come either because he was sulking about the ravens.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh god

It's true.

loser3.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    ahahahahaha