As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur!

Me +1 (My lovely wife, Ophelya) for Group A

DMmagic on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    Ok team Snorlax needs a colour.

A color would take EFFORT. You really aren't getting into the spirit of this, are you?

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Better sign me up for !Bulbasaur group B

cabsy on
  • boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Ottawaans? Oh sweet, I just moved from there to Oakville. How you guys getting down? Maybe I can schedule the same plane or train or something, if you're looking for nerds to 'pool down with.

We're driving, but hit us up, we're still in the planning stages!

boozysmurf on
    edited January 2011

A color would take EFFORT. You really aren't getting into the spirit of this, are you?

You are making me seriously consider going full lazy and joining Snorlax the more you post.

Also snorlax would be rocking the color you see when you close your eyes and go to sleep, like a reddish black, duh

cabsy on
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you Squirtle! Group A +1

Can't wait!!!! Last year was a blast, thanks for setting it up again. Kings is dead, Long Live Kings!!!

rentfn on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So... I realize that it's probably somewhat a mystery, but... what is the MewTwo Challenge? or, if that can't be answered any clearer than "A challenge," might I ask, what was last year's Mew Challenge?

cynthetic on
  • PepsiOtakuPepsiOtaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I CH-CH-CHOOOOSE YOU, Squirtle! Group A +1

Is it sad that I've been looking forward to this since last year's Pokecrawl?

PepsiOtaku on
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cabsy wrote: »
    You are making me seriously consider going full lazy and joining Snorlax the more you post.

Also snorlax would be rocking the color you see when you close your eyes and go to sleep, like a reddish black, duh

NO! Cabsy, join Charmander Group A!

Or hell. Team Snorchilaaax sounds so much cooler. Just don't block our route!

Nullthread on
    edited January 2011
    Nullthread wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »

NO! Cabsy, join Charmander Group A!

Or hell. Team Snorchilaaax sounds so much cooler. Just don't block our route!

I don't want to dye my hair red! Besides I don't have the liver to roll with Fratlus Parker.

cabsy on
  • PAXtacularPAXtacular Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I CHOOSE YOU!
    Pikachu Group A. We rocked last year, and we'll rock this year.
    Also, yellow is ever so friendly.

PAXtacular on
    Team Drunkachu, I choose you!
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

We don't have to put any effort into it. It's just that everyone else has a colour and we don't.

You're right, I am over-thinking this.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited January 2011
    Nullthread wrote: »
    Just don't block our route!

Hey we should make a challenge around this. You encounter team Snorlax. You have to buy the team a round to encourage them to move.

Meh.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • DragonKittyDragonKitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I joined as Pikachu! although I'd like to now edit my +1 to a +3.

So, OFFICIALLY, I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU! (+3). I've no preference as to A or B.

DragonKitty on
  • RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I haven't done one of these before so pardon the n00b question:

Do the drinks in question have to be shots or can they be of the sippin' variety? As a man who drinks 5 pints for every 1 shot he takes, I'd be much more comfortable on my quest if I didn't have to pound every drink handed to me. That being said, I'm down for whatever; just wanted to clarify.

RDubb on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RDubb wrote: »

Do the drinks in question have to be shots or can they be of the sippin' variety? As a man who drinks 5 pints for every 1 shot he takes, I'd be much more comfortable on my quest if I didn't have to pound every drink handed to me. That being said, I'm down for whatever; just wanted to clarify.

This came up last year and it was kind of left in the hand of the individual Professor's for substitutions. Last year there were more shots to do than beers but I was letting people drink beers instead of shots or if they couldn't do the beer than a double shot.

This year I want to do something similar but add in little challenges. Like answer a trivia question or do the snoopy dance.

Rdr on
  • AurorBKAurorBK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    After having an awesome time last year on Team Squirtle, there's no way I could miss this (or switch teams). I choose you !Squirtle again...this time Team A (+2)

Just a warning there's a Bruins game that night at 7 (the Faneuil Hall area is about a 15 minute walk from the Garden) and it is a week before St. Patrick's Day, not to mention a Thursday, so don't expect less crowds than last year! So learn from last year's mistakes..if you can't go to the next bar on the list, go back to the one with bowling and karaoke!

AurorBK on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    So... I realize that it's probably somewhat a mystery, but... what is the MewTwo Challenge? or, if that can't be answered any clearer than "A challenge," might I ask, what was last year's Mew Challenge?

I don't know what the MewTwo challenge will be, but here's a hint about last year's Mew challenge: Mew is the 151st Pokemon =D

And if that number doesn't ring a bell, boy, you're in for a surprise.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't want to dye my hair red! Besides I don't have the liver to roll with Fratlus Parker.

I seriously don't know how I got away with not drinking enough at the Triwizard. I am thinking of bringing snacks and water... which means, I'm tempted to wear a medic pack and bring snacks for everyone.

Keyword: tempted. Reality: Lazy.

Nullthread on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    This came up last year and it was kind of left in the hand of the individual Professor's for substitutions. Last year there were more shots to do than beers but I was letting people drink beers instead of shots or if they couldn't do the beer than a double shot.

This year I want to do something similar but add in little challenges. Like answer a trivia question or do the snoopy dance.

Ooh. I've never joined a team before, so I'm pretty in the dark about actual expectations too. Mini-challenges sound entirely fitting and awesome. I'll be sure to have my lucky d20 on hand!

Twinkie on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rosters have been updated.

Sammy wrote: »
    i'm so attending.

sadly i can't drink anymore for health reasons so i would like to volunteer for nurse joy!
    team !Squirtle of course! (team B i believe is nurse joy)

i'm going to try to go in costume, but its going to be heavily modified. it is boston in march after all.

sooo how does becoming nurse joy work? or are those positions still on hold for other people?
    cause if all else fails i can just join team snorlax if i need to.

All set on the Nurse Joy position.

!Charmander Group B

Also... could you throw a + 9 (troubletown, stickman, oddball, halp, yellow, nack, bill, edquin, ryst) on that? ^_^

Per my PM are you still down as PokeAsst?
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »
    this is my first year at PAX, since I don't drink I would like to volunteer to be a DD for ant team. Just let me know.

Please don't take this personally but due to the fact that the last few crawls have had issues with people who volunteered these positions are only open for people that I know from previous events. However if it gets to a point where we need more help I will keep you in mind. Thank you for your enthusiasm!
    Rdr wrote: »
    RDubb wrote: »

With the last TWDT I created challenges that were a bit more open to interpretation. While there will still be a certain to adhere to for the challenge you will more than likely have your choice as to the type of drink you consume.

Twinkie wrote: »
    Ooh. I've never joined a team before, so I'm pretty in the dark about actual expectations too. Mini-challenges sound entirely fitting and awesome. I'll be sure to have my lucky d20 on hand!

From the 30 seconds that I saw you during last year's TWDT the only person you seemed to be challenging was gravity.

Atlus Parker on
  • heartscarferheartscarfer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I CHOOSE YOU! Squirtle (Team A)

heartscarfer on
  • sig11sig11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AurorBK wrote: »
    So learn from last year's mistakes..if you can't go to the next bar on the list, go back to the one with bowling and karaoke!

YES! That was a great bar. :) This pub crawl is what I most look forward to at PAX. Hope to see some familiar faces.

sig11 on
  • frostboltfrostbolt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Pikachu Group A! I come with a +1 :)

frostbolt on
  • paulmadibpaulmadib Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Squirtle, Group A!

paulmadib on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rosters have been updated.

i'm so attending.

sadly i can't drink anymore for health reasons so i would like to volunteer for nurse joy!
    team !Squirtle of course! (team B i believe is nurse joy)

i'm going to try to go in costume, but its going to be heavily modified. it is boston in march after all.

sooo how does becoming nurse joy work? or are those positions still on hold for other people?
    cause if all else fails i can just join team snorlax if i need to.

All set on the Nurse Joy position.

YES! *starts working on costume*

and i was thinking about bringing the equivalent of a med pack in case anyone is in sudden need of care.
    like water. nausea meds. hand sanitizer. excedrin (and ibuprofin for you aspirin intolerant people).
    some napkins too. somehow they are always needed when out drinking.

plus some snacks and stuff.

:D

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
    edited January 2011
    make sure there's a flask with some...emergency rations....in that med pack.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    make sure there's a flask with some...emergency rations....in that med pack.

i'll make sure to stash a few of those tiny little bottles. you know. just in case. ;-)

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur Team A!

sig11 on
  • paulmadibpaulmadib Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I am adding a +1 so: I choose you !Squirtle Group A +1!

paulmadib on
  • bakasamabakasama Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Bulbasaur! Team A + 1!

bakasama on
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I totally wanted to do this, but realized I have tickets to the Bruins game that night.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • FiSHNuTZFiSHNuTZ Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    !Charmander +3 (Group A) :D

FiSHNuTZ on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    From the 30 seconds that I saw you during last year's TWDT the only person you seemed to be challenging was gravity.

THE MOST FORMIDABLE OPPONENT.

It is rather telling that I don't recall seeing you on the Tri-Wiz... unless you count Fried Food meetup beforehand, in which case, I had absolutely no alcohol in me and was obviously warming up my Drunken Master technique.

Twinkie on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    YES! *starts working on costume*

and i was thinking about bringing the equivalent of a med pack in case anyone is in sudden need of care.
    like water. nausea meds. hand sanitizer. excedrin (and ibuprofin for you aspirin intolerant people).
    some napkins too. somehow they are always needed when out drinking.

plus some snacks and stuff.

:D

Be sure to be careful handing out ibuprofen if someone has reactions to aspirin. They are very chemically similar and many people react the same to them. My sister was in the ICU for a week after making that mistake :(

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sig11 wrote: »
    AurorBK wrote: »
    So learn from last year's mistakes..if you can't go to the next bar on the list, go back to the one with bowling and karaoke!

YES! That was a great bar. :) This pub crawl is what I most look forward to at PAX. Hope to see some familiar faces.

Seriously, we ended up at that bar (Kings?) every night that weekend, I think. Had a great time. Got some great video too.

Only problem was, it was two days before we realized it was only a block or so from the Hotel!

boozysmurf on
  • cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur (+1) Team A!

cabbie98 on
    WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...it seems that !Pikachu is the Canuck team...would it be possible to transfer myself and my +4 to Team A of that? Please?

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    edited January 2011
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    Seriously, we ended up at that bar (Kings?) every night that weekend, I think. Had a great time. Got some great video too.

Only problem was, it was two days before we realized it was only a block or so from the Hotel!

Yep. Kings. We spent a lot of time there too.

Bukowski was our favorite. Awesome food and a good beer selection. My Bukowski coaster is sitting on my desk right now.

sig11 on
  • SuperbagmanSuperbagman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Squirtle Group B +3

Superbagman on