As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

1383940414244»

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there is a story in the multiplayer

it is a love story

between me and a vial of slow-acting poison

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Some dude on Giant Bomb was complaining that the multiplayer in this game lacked a story. My head hurts!

Did he even play the game or did he just smash his ham sized fists on the keyboard and a story was born?

He said he did! He said he beat the singleplayer twice!

I'm scared, Hunter. I'm really scared!

I...

I got nothing.

Bring on the meteors. We're done.

Hunter on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »

it is a love story

That and the fact it's clearly explained that the multiplayer is an Animus based virtual training ground for Templar agents to learn how to think, fight, and kill like the assassins.

Hunter on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »

it is a love story

That and the fact it's clearly explained that the multiplayer is an Animus based virtual training ground for Templar agents to learn how to think, fight, and kill like the assassins.

That's what I said! And he was like "Nope, a 5 minute movie wasn't good enough"

What the blue fuck were you expecting, guy?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    a 5 minute cutscene is more fucking canonical explanation than most games give

sounds like the guy needs to unbutton his bitchpants

T4CT on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it's days later and I'm still kind of boggling at how a dude feels a multiplayer portion needs to have a narrative

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2010
    it's the bitchpants

T4CT on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not really feeling this game. Played it on the PC.

Controls are clunky and awkward as hell and I can't find any way to really fix that from the options. Been playing about thirty minutes and the entire experience so far has basically been a broken-up cutscene with short stints of me running from point A to B to trigger the next conversation.

This would all be a bit more tolerable if the game didn't keep crashing or the voices hadn't completely cut out and left me with no idea what the fuck is being said. Subtitle option would be nice, but I can't find that, either. :/

I probably need to get more memory, 2 gigs ain't cutting it here, but so far it's not really giving me much reason to come back. The whole game-within-a-game approach isn't really doing it for me, either. I'll probably try it again later, to see if it's less frustrating once i'm familiar with the basic stuff. If it doesn't change much then I think I'm already done with the game.

Might try the second if there's a demo, since everyone seems to think it solves all the problems of the first game.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why would you play this game on PC?

Zoolander on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    lol that's what happens when you get the PC version, dunkass

VALVEjunkie on
    edited January 2011
    Zoolander wrote: »
    Why would you play this game on PC?

Cause it's not on the Wii. :P

Goatmon on

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Control issues are entirely 100% solved by getting a gamepad. I can't stress this enough. Any 20 dollar little jobby will do, it just needs to connect to your PC, have four face and shoulder buttons, and two analog sticks.

EDIT: Also, AC2 does apparently solve every problem AC1 had.

I personally skipped AC1 while my brother won't touch the second because he played AC1 first. Too bad for him.

MechMantis on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AC2 is literally a kajliion times better than the first, but I dunno i can imagine it playing poorly on PC no matter what

Prohass on
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I heard that AC2 was at least a little bit better of a port. With some interface and stability problems fixed.

Goatmon has managed to secure himself the absolute worst Asssassin's Creed experience he could have. The Original on a PC.

Actually there was that DS game huh...

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
    edited January 2011
    Prohass wrote: »
    AC2 is literally a kajliion times better than the first, but I dunno i can imagine it playing poorly on PC no matter what

On my shitty system it ran and looked better than on my friend's PS3, and controlled exactly the same.

MechMantis on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »

On my shitty system it ran and looked better than on my friend's PS3, and controlled exactly the same.

Well thats awesome, I wish I had a good comp. I havent owned a powerful comp since Halflife 2 came out, I wanna play Empire Total War :(

Prohass on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really liked Asscreed 1.

I haven't beaten 2 though I rented it once on a gamefly trial.

It was pretty good.

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited January 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »

Well thats awesome, I wish I had a good comp. I havent owned a powerful comp since Halflife 2 came out, I wanna play Empire Total War :(

Empire laughs at my pitiful system.

Motherboards are out that have better onboard video than my actual graphics card. The only thing that saves me with AC2 is that AC2 was designed for use on the 360.

Which my system kicks the crap out of, overall.

EDIT: I still have a goddamn AGP card for god's sake.

MechMantis on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AGP? That's an antique.

You need the new cyberbrain graphics accelerator processor core.

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited January 2011
    How does being demoted make me lose the ability to grab a ledge while falling? o_O

Also, after trying it for a few minutes on a friend's USB gamepad, I found it was actually LESS comfortable than the keyboard and mouse, so I switched back.

And it immediately crashed for the third time.

That pretty much settles it.

Goatmon on

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You should play 2

I loved 1 and I would still say 2 improves on pretty much everything.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
    edited January 2011
    Oh I'll definitely give it a try, eventually.

Definitely finished with the original, however. Fuck that mess.

Goatmon on

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AC1 wasn't a mess. It just got kinda repetitive after awhile.

AC2 is better in every way. Still need to pick up AC:B but not until its cheaper.

Karl on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just realised something that had been bugging me. In AC2, you get taught how to do some jumpy climby move by some tart, yet in Ass Bros I don't seem to able to to that. I guess Ezio got too old.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
    edited January 2011

The controls are honestly one of the less obnoxious things about the game, keyboard or otherwise.

Being stuck in dialog cutscenes that can't be skipped is a massive nuisance. Moreso when the tutorial is loaded with them. I half suspect the actual tutorial is the entire first thirty or so minutes of the game, as it insists on handholding me throughout the entire first and second memory bits.

Like, having no choice but to be an idiot and stab the templar in the face, when it's obviously a really bad fucking idea, was pretty annoying. If they're gonna make it interactive, I should have some choice in what I'm going to do. Otherwise it ought to just be a pre-rendered cutscene that doesn't present the illusion of control.

Goatmon on

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I just realised something that had been bugging me. In AC2, you get taught how to do some jumpy climby move by some tart, yet in Ass Bros I don't seem to able to to that. I guess Ezio got too old.

You lose your climbing glove

Whoops

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would get assbro for my 360 and play with you guys but my 360 disc drive has something wrong with it and does not always recognize discs. I don't know if this was just a temporary thing or if it is getting majorly broken and I don't want to pay all the money to get it fixed damnit. It is definitely out of warranty at this point.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Probably majorly broken

No AssBro for you

Bro

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2011
    sol'n:

get a new 360

T4CT on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Played the hell out of the single player campaign over the holidays. Haven't gotten around to trying the online yet. I do have a gold account on XBL now though if anyone wants to add me.

DMAC on