As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls Meetup at East

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    that's a totally reasonable price.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    JamersJamers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Definitely expect me to show up. Is it March yet?

Jamers on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When you say "little egg chef" I actually am picturing a Danboard in front of a egg station mini-burner with the little pan looking quizzically up with his little cardboard eye holes lit up as if to say, "Qui?" "Eggs.. Er.. Over easy?" *blink blink* Danboard nods, "Shhsh, shhsh.." *flips them onto a plate* My imagination is in overdrive right now.....

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey ladies. i will hopefully be able to make this, so please put me down as a 'probably'. wanted to go last year but sleep got the better of me. :P thanks for all the hard work you are doing to plan eruditeaphrodite.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    DesdemoniaDesdemonia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is going to be my first PAX, but I'd like to go if that's okay. I'd love an opportunity to meet some other girly gamers! ^_^

Oh! Also, *waves at EruditeAphrodite* I've been told our husbands used to work together. Looking forward to meeting you!

Desdemonia on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Desdemonia wrote: »
    This is going to be my first PAX, but I'd like to go if that's okay. I'd love an opportunity to meet some other girly gamers! ^_^

Oh! Also, *waves at EruditeAphrodite* I've been told our husbands used to work together. Looking forward to meeting you!

Of course it's okay. You'll find that PAX is one of the most inviting places you will ever go. We aren't some sort of established clique, we're a bunch of ladies who enjoy getting to chill without the boys for a bit during a hectic weekend. As soon as Sake mentioned that one of his friends was married and that you'd be coming I was like "YOU MUST TELL HER ABOUT THE MEETUP!!!" ;) What can I say? If I could host an event for every single woman at PAX I would. <3

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    mandafmandaf Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Count me in! This is my first PAX as well, so I'll be excited to meet everyone. :D

mandaf on
  • Options
    cyanosauruscyanosaurus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm also new to PAX (and convention-type-things and gaming and...) and would like to come, so long as I think I can keep up with the conversation given my noobness.

EDIT: I would only be reticent to pay $18 since I don't much care for eggs or toast-type things. I like sweet breakfast-y things. (French Toast...nomnomnom)

cyanosaurus on
    rawr.
  • Options
    LibrarianofdoomLibrarianofdoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm new to the forums and this is my first PAX as well, but I'd like to get in on this. It would be nice to hang out with gals. I'll try to get my friend to come too, so that'll be two of us. (Do I do anything else now? or just look forward to the awesomeness? :D)

Librarianofdoom on
    The Princess Who Saved Herself
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    count me in! :D

cynthetic on
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, geez, I should've checked for this ages ago. I am so in. 18 bucks for private buffet-style dining sounds fine to me.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay, OP is updated with new information. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go curl up on the couch and pray for a quick death.

/me is whiny when sick

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    *Looks at roster*

Holy moly! That's a lot of exclusive vajayjay!

Twinkie on
  • Options
    EtoilePBEtoilePB Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Hullo,

I'm a total forum lurker but I loved Pax East last year and am looking forward to the repeat -- and would love to come to this event. (And $18 sounds totally reasonable.) I'm rooming with a friend who's probably also interested, so that's at least one and probably two of us. :)

(And my husband's not even coming to PAX... saves the problem of keeping him entertained!)

ETA: I amend this! The friend I am rooming with is interested, as is another friend we'll be attending with. All three of us were PAX East attendees last year and would love this kind of event. So that's definitely two heads and a solid 50% chance of three, if that's all right. :)

EtoilePB on
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I heard about this last year but didn't go because I think it conflicted with a panel and I was afraid of meeting and connecting with new people. I still am but if there was ever an opportunity to meet new people with the same common interests, especially women, this is it

Rayze on
  • Options
    LibrarianofdoomLibrarianofdoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, OP is updated with new information. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go curl up on the couch and pray for a quick death.

/me is whiny when sick

Hey, EruditeAphrodite, can you add a +1 to me? Thanks-- feel better!

Librarianofdoom on
    The Princess Who Saved Herself
  • Options
    QueenMegzQueenMegz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    do you have a deadline for RSVP's?

QueenMegz on
  • Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    *facepalm Didn't look at this for a while. I think I was going to vote, but didn't want to register. Yeah, yeah, fail. $18 sounds good. PAX East is the time to be decadent. Besides: it's my vacation!!

Nullthread on
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yay!!! Please count me in! :) I might have a friend with me, but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. They have bellini cocktails. I don't think I've ever been drunk on a Sunday morning. Will that have to change? ;) Haha!

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to meeting some other girlies! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awwww crap. Just noticed it's the same time as dim sum. :( I might actually have to skip this. *sniff*

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    Awwww crap. Just noticed it's the same time as dim sum. :( I might actually have to skip this. *sniff*

You can get dim sum anytime. How often do you get to hang out with 50 other gamer chicks?
    Rayze wrote: »
    I heard about this last year but didn't go because I think it conflicted with a panel and I was afraid of meeting and connecting with new people. I still am but if there was ever an opportunity to meet new people with the same common interests, especially women, this is it

I hope you come and hang out with us. PAX is full of awesome people and the women are absolutely fabulous. There hasn't been anyone at the meetup that I didn't want to sit and chat with for hours.
    QueenMegz wrote: »
    do you have a deadline for RSVP's?

I would like to be able to give Lucky's a pretty firm number at least one week out. However, there is some wiggle room since a lot of people tend to actually not show when they RSVP.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ooooh, this sounds wicked! Me and three (or maybe four?) other awesome girlfriends of mine are most definitely making our way out to PAX East this year! We'd definitely be up for it. :) It's tentative for now, since we still aren't quite sure about transportation or the total number of us going, but you could put us down as a mostdefinitelymaybe!

Loweryi on
  • Options
    cherincherin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Count me in!

cherin on
  • Options
    jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in. No flaking, promise.

jacalata on

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aaah, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to flake out on this ;__; Most of the other girls in my group voted for Dim Sum once they heard it was an option, and since I'm the one organizing this all, I'm going by the majority. So count us out, sorry!

Loweryi on
  • Options
    chynahangelchynahangel Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Is it too late to RSVP? I'd like to go, please!

chynahangel on
  • Options
    FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Count me in. How do we get the money to people? Mail or do we pay when we get there?

FoggyKnight on
  • Options
    AmyLove88AmyLove88 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm in!!! :) I can't wait!!! <3

AmyLove88 on
  • Options
    DaniciaDanicia Sparkly Princess of Social Media Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just found out I'm going thanks to my job. I'm in!

Danicia on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Danicia wrote: »
    Yaaay LJ comm buddy! :D

Themiscyra on
  • Options
    DaniciaDanicia Sparkly Princess of Social Media Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Danicia wrote: »
    Yaaay LJ comm buddy! :D

OMG HAI2U

Danicia on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So here is some finalized information from Lucky's about the exact cost of the meal. Though gratuity is added it never hurts to bring a buck or two extra in case the service is truly excellent.

The sample buffet menu is $18 per person
    Tax is 7% = $1.26/per person
    Gratuity on large groups is 20% = $3.60/per person
    Food Total per person $22.86

Alcoholic beverages are by consumption and the tax is included on the drink price. Average price is $8 -- beer much cheaper and the cocktails can be closer to $8-$10. For brunch specifically: mimosas $7 and well bloody mary $9.5
    Count me in. How do we get the money to people? Mail or do we pay when we get there?

People will pay at the brunch. I'm trying to avoid switching to a pre-pay system because, like I have said before, I am lazy and would much rather deal with paying the day of.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    MangoChutneeMangoChutnee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ladies, I'm so thrilled to hear about this event. I would love to come but I just need to make sure it isn't conflicting with anything. So don't put me down yet - but I'll be watching the East Schedule page like a hawk and will RSVP as soon as I can!

MangoChutnee on
  • Options
    DarknessOfMineDarknessOfMine Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is first time at PAX East (or any PAX in general) and I am very excited! I'm a really shy person who disappears quickly in a crowd but I am making steps to being more social and I think here would be a perfect place to start! So count me in!

DarknessOfMine on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eep, best poem ever.

I'm actually kinda thinking I might fly to Boston FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of joining this meetup.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eep, I went to Lucky's the other weekend but you never sent me your e-mail so I could send you venue pics!

I sent an e-mail out to the contact you sent me as well since I *finally* got an afternoon/weekday free for the first time in forever so if you still want me to head over there with any questions get in touch with me!

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh me me me! i'm in +1! i've even got the badge on my pax trading card already!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just to note, I THINK I'll still be in for this unless they're scheduling more than one round on Sunday, but -- I am an Omeganaut, so obviously Omegathon events are going to take top priority as long as I'm in the running. Hopefully I'll have the schedule soon and be able to say more.

Themiscyra on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I have set up a Facebook event for this meetup as one was requested for Prime. I still ask that people officially RSVP in here for my final count that will be sent to Lucky's. I have included a link to the photos I took at Prime's meetup.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    ElementaeElementae Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I think this is pretty cool, my girlfriend is a gamer and hardly ever gets to hang out with other gamer girls. Props to you for deciding to organize this and I hope you gals have a kick-ass time. Maybe if girls see they can game without guys constantly giving them shit and asking to see boobs plox the community would grow, which is a won won for all of us. Spread the word, we need more lady gamers!

Elementae on