As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    I disagree, Garick is the silliest of geese right now.

Oh, and FYI oh master of the network, if we're still alive tomorrow and Heffling is a villager, I'll be full out voting you off the island. At least your terrible bus driving will stop then.

What would that accomplish? I'd rather have a live, albeit somewhat useless, villager around than another point for the Mafia.

Heffling on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sticking with extermatott.

Also, doomed. So doomed™.

Cynic Jester on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bwahahaaha... wow, I didn't expect the hilarity that is this thread when I woke up.

Yes... this looks absolutely fantastic. a near 100% voting rate on heff, started by cheez (cus you know... HE's trustworthy!) when the mafia equal almost 50%.

I'M SURE YOU PICKED A WINNER.

You silliest of geese village, chew on this thought... If I had called a non-mafia as a target, don't you think the mafia would have latched on like a hobo on a ham sandwich? After all a confirmed good guy called it.

Nah... that's ok, keep buying into the mafia bullcrap and crying your little geese hearts out about me being too overbearing you precious precious snowflakes. If only I had stated things a little nicer! Then you wouldn't have to spite me! AHAHAHA... you know what? You guys truly deserve this loss.

Garick on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick wrote: »
    Bwahahaaha... wow, I didn't expect the hilarity that is this thread when I woke up.

Yes... this looks absolutely fantastic. a near 100% voting rate on heff, started by cheez (cus you know... HE's trustworthy!) when the mafia equal almost 50%.

I'M SURE YOU PICKED A WINNER.

You silliest of geese village, chew on this thought... If I had called a non-mafia as a target, don't you think the mafia would have latched on like a hobo on a ham sandwich? After all a confirmed good guy called it.

Nah... that's ok, keep buying into the mafia bullcrap and crying your little geese hearts out about me being too overbearing you precious precious snowflakes. If only I had stated things a little nicer! Then you wouldn't have to spite me! AHAHAHA... you know what? You guys truly deserve this loss.

This is full of win.

Nodgarb on
    edited January 2011
    Also, I think all the love for roman is just great, Yes... he was truely shaping up to be the network head! What with convincing all the specials not to contact me, and trying to raise as much suspicion on me as possible, stating that he would vote me out today (if he hadn't of died)! He was an excellent villager.

Garick on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick, If you still care at all would you care to enlighten us about what we are doing wrong, I thought Heffling was most likely mafia.

Extermatott on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We should nominate a new network head. Oh wait, we can't trust anyone. Goodbye heff, sorry you had to eat it.

So who's next (other than garick, master of tact)

schuss on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Uh, wow. Too much bandwagoning, people.

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    cheez - generally shifty

What does this even mean?

cheez on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    11 votes on Heffling = 57.9% of the all players *ahem, Garick* stretching the truth again? :P

But that's ok. I was only voting Heffling while I pondered for a while. I was wondering around our village trying to think of what to do. I paying respect to those past on. I noticed a little note slid under a flower vase at Dunadan's grave.
    - Enlightenedbum
    - Extermatott
    - Mr. Defecation
    - schuss
    - skarsol
    - The Cow King

It will be in the community lost and found if it is yours.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    edited January 2011

You still don't get it, do you? People signed up to play a fun game. You're trying to take that away from them and turn it into Shut Up And Do As Garick Says. I would much rather lose a game that I'm actively partaking in than win as a mindless +1 vote.

The worst part about all this is that there are usually plenty of people who don't have any strong suspicions on a given day, so they'll happily go along with a vote they can trust. You managed to make it so unappealing that these people preferred to vote along with me, who actually put some thought and explanation into my vote post.

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    To the vig who wasn't bad,

The Cow King would make a very good target for death tonight.

From post 515, The Cow King

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    edited January 2011
    Monday evening's votes are key here. That was the point at which Phyphor was close to winning the vote, but was saved by the votes on Dragon-numbers. I'm going to go back and figure out exactly how close it was. More in a bit.

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    Extermatott in hopes that I won't be voted down tonight. I'm not holding my breath, though. His voting record makes him highly suspicious.

And if you happen to read this, please note that the two people who voted on me as a placeholder, and thus started the bandwagon, have changed their vote. I don't wanna die! I especially don't want to die because Garick made Extermatott, a logical vote choice, so unappealing that noone would vote for him.

Heffling on
    edited January 2011
    cheez wrote: »
    I would much rather lose a game

Good news! You are going to get your wish. That whole following a leader is certainly no fun at all! Much better to *feel* like you are making a contribution, then throw away your pride and do something for the good of the team right?

Garick on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sticking with extermatott.

Also, doomed. So doomed™.

I don't know. Let's check with an expert. Hey Ollie, how is the village doing?
    180px-olliewilliams_3122.jpg

Ah, looks like you called it!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2011
    I would much rather lose a game

Good news! You are going to get your wish. That whole following a leader is certainly no fun at all! Much better to *feel* like you are making a contribution, then throw away your pride and do something for the good of the team right?

Do you consider yourself a leader?

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    You and the mafia keep trying to make this about *Me* as if i'm doing this as part of some delusion of grandeur, and I feel like i'm the best player here.

This isn't about you, or me, or negating the village's fun.

This was a purely logical choice to force the vote away from the mafia, so we could at least survive another day.

Had you been the confirmed good cheez? You bet I would be supporting you and not casting doubts, because that is in the best interests of the team.

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    You and the mafia keep trying to make this about *Me* as if i'm doing this as part of some delusion of grandeur, and I feel like i'm the best player here.

This was a purely logical choice to force the vote away from the mafia, so we could at least survive another day.

Had you been the confirmed good cheez? You bet I would be supporting you and not casting doubts, because that is in the best interests of the team.

Message from Mom: "Yes sweetie, you are the best player here. Tell mommy, what is the matter? Are the bigger kids picking on you?"

Extermatott since he's on the list and seems to be top pick other than Heffling. Not sold that Heffling is not, but at least giving him a chance if people choose to swing the vote while I'm gone.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    edited January 2011
    Okay guys, I'm focusing on posts 401-450, which covers the last two and a half hours of Monday. All votes on a given person are ordered chronologically.

As of post 400, the votes stood thus:

Phyphor - 5 (roman, Garick, Sir Fab, Matev, Alt_Raven)
    Darian - 2 (Cynic, Tipsy)
    Garick - 4 (Nodgarb, REG, Heffling, Cleo)
    roman - 4 (schuss, towndrunk34, Extermatott, Kias)
    Dragon - 1 (Mr. D)
    Kay - 1 (pezzy)
    Mr. D - 1 (Dragon)
    REG - 1 (Loser)
    Matev - 2 (Kay, CapPlanet)
    Zandy - 1 (Zandy)

This was the tipping point, Phyphor was getting votes and neither the Garick or romanqwerty options were convincing enough to beat him. Two and a half hours later? Bam, Dragonwagon:

Phyphor - 5 (Garick, Sir Fab, Matev, Alt_Raven, Heffling)
    Darian - 2 (Cynic, Tipsy)
    Garick - 2 (REG, Cleo)
    roman - 2 (schuss, towndrunk34)
    Dragon - 8 (Mr. D, Kias, roman, Extermatott, Nodgarb, Cow King, Phyphor, ebum)
    Kay - 1 (pezzy)
    Mr. D - 1 (Dragon)
    REG - 1 (Loser)
    Matev - 2 (Kay, CapPlanet)
    Zandy - 1 (Zandy)
    skarsol - 1 (skarsol)

Kias picked up Mr. D's vote from way earlier and just said "Let's see how Mr. D's intuition is," which is always a great way to dodge responsibility. Then roman unfortunately jumped ship from Phyphor, and the wagon was on. Extermatott was right on his heels.

Close to vote close, Heffling switched over to Phyphor, making it 7-5. I think this might have forced the mafia's hand a bit, since enlightenedbum showed up to switch off roman onto Dragon right before close.

Based on this chain of events, and based on how uncomfortable the Heffling wagon got today, I'm much less suspicious of him -- and I say this as the originator of the wagon on him. I'm pretty suspicious of Kias, Extermatott, and enlightenedbum. Probably enlightenedbum more so than the other two, but in the interest of a doable bandwagon turnaround, I'll throw in on Extermatott.

cheez on
    edited January 2011

Gee, I don't know where I could have gotten that impression!
    Also, I think all the love for roman is just great, Yes... he was truely shaping up to be the network head! What with convincing all the specials not to contact me, and trying to raise as much suspicion on me as possible, stating that he would vote me out today (if he hadn't of died)! He was an excellent villager.

cheez on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Extermatott. Heffling may just be a new player and as such, be somewhat hard to read, but Extermatott has been front and center on every non-mafia wagon.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I personally like enlightenedbum for mafia, but as voting him would be pissing in the wind, Extermatott is the next best thing.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    Ok, first thing is a summary of voting so far. I will follow up with another post in a bit. Please note that colors used are not meant to indicate any voting on my part.

Vote tally started after the first narration post.

Votes - Day 1

(9) Ringo - Nodgarb, Mr. Defecation, Void Slayer, Dragon6860, Cynic Jester, Kellie, Skarsol, Reg Rysk, Schuss
    (7) Romanqwerty - Matev, Kias, Alt Raven, Phyphor, Void Slayer, Zandracon, Heffling
    (6) Dunadan - Spoit, Dunadan, Garick, Stew Stick, Extermatott, Tipsy
    (3) Towndrunk34 - Alegis, Ringo, Darian
    (2) Kay - Enlightenedbum, The Anonymous
    Daniant - Loserforhirex
    Infidel - Captain Planet
    Enlightenedbum - Pezzy
    Pezzy - Towndrunk34
    Extermatott - Sir Fabulous
    Sir Fabulous - Infidel
    Alegis - Sir Fabulous
    Mr. Poop - The cow King
    Mr. D - 3clipse
    3clipse - Cleonicus
    Cleonicus - Kay

Kills - Day 1

Dunadan- Banshee
    Spoit- Werewolf
    Infidel- Demon
    Void Slayer- Vampire
    Ringo- Vampire (Vote)

Votes - Day 2
    (6) Rawkking - Romanqwerty, Kellie, 3clipse, The Anonymous, The Cow King, Schuss, Phyphor
    (4) Romanqwerty - Stew Stick, Nodgarb, Heffling, Rawkking
    (4) Cynic Jester - Reg Rysk, Darian, Schuss, Cleonicus
    (3) Kellie - Dragon6860, Enlightenedbum, Extermatott
    (3) Phyphor - Zandracon, Matev, Alt Raven
    (2) Mr. Defication - Sir Fabulous, Cheez
    Sir Fabulous - Kay
    Darian - Cynic Jester
    3clipse - Kias
    Kias - Skarsol
    Kay - CaptainPlanet82
    The Anonymous - Garick
    Dragon6860 - Mr. Defication
    Tadsols - Towndrunk34

Kills - Day 2
    Rawkking- Vampire (Vote)
    Stewstick- werewolf (Village Vig)
    3clipes- werewolf (Village Vig)
    The Anonymous- Vampire (Mafia Vig)
    Kellie- demon/seer (Mafia Vig)

Votes - Day 3
    (8) Dragon6860 - Mr. Defication, Kias, Romanqwerty, Extermatott, Nodgarb, The Cow King, Phyphor, Enlightenedbum
    (3) Darian - Cynic Jester, Dragon6860, Tipsy
    (5) Phyphor - Garick, Sir Fabulous, Matev, Alt Raven, Heffling
    (4) Garick - Kay, Nobgard, Reg Rysk, Cleonicus
    (2) Romanqwerty - Schuss, Towndrunk34
    (2) Matev - Kay, Captainplanet
    Kay - Pezzy
    Reg Rysk - Loserforhirex
    Zandracon - Zandracon
    Skarsol - Skarsol

Kills - Day 3
    Kay-banshee (Village Vig)
    Tipsy- werewolf guard (Village Vig)
    Matev-werewolf (Mafia Vig)
    towndrunk-Vampire Vigilant (Mafia Vig)
    dragon-werewolf (Vote)

Votes - Day 4
    (11) Phyphor - Kias, Romanqwerty, Garick, Nodgarb, Cheez, Cynic Jester, Sir Fabulous, Captainplanet, Heffling, Cleonicus, Green
    (4) Garick - Schuss, Skarsol, Extermatott, The Cow King
    (3) Romanqwerty - Pezzy, Enlightenedbum, Pezzy
    (2) Cheez - Zandracon, Loserforhirex
    (2) Mr. Defication - Mr. Defication, Reg Rysk

Kills - Day 4
    Roman, Vampire (Village Vig)
    Zandracon, Demon, (Mafia Vig)
    LoserforhireX, Werewolf, (Mafia Vig)

Phyphor, Hunter, (Vote)
    Vagrant Winds, Werewolf (Inactivus)
    darian, Banshee, Roleblock (Inactivus)

Votes - Day 5 (as of 10:15 pm est)
    (7) Extermatott - Garick, Cynic Jester, Extermatott, Heffling, Captainplanet, Extermatott, Sir Fabulous
    (8) Heffling - Kias, Nodgarb, Extermatott, Reg Rysk, Mr. Defecation, The Cow King, Alt Raven, Enlightenedbum
    Mr. Defication - Schuss

Heffling on
    edited January 2011

Gee, I don't know where I could have gotten that impression!

Yes... I will say me when referring to people that tried to raise suspicion on a confirmed good guy. This does not equal messiah complex as much as you may want it to.

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out who Phyphor voted for during the first four days, only to discover that they're all dead. Why can't I view all posts a certain person made anymore?

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    Heffling wrote: »
    Votes - Day 5 (as of 10:15 pm est)
    (7) Extermatott - Garick, Cynic Jester, Extermatott, Heffling, Captainplanet, Extermatott, Sir Fabulous
    (8) Heffling - Kias, Nodgarb, Extermatott, Reg Rysk, Mr. Defecation, The Cow King, Alt Raven, Enlightenedbum
    Mr. Defication - Schuss

You have Extermatott voting for himself twice. :P

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out who Phyphor voted for during the first four days, only to discover that they're all dead. Why can't I view all posts a certain person made anymore?

I think its tied to search, which is off. I'd use google with the thread id.

schuss on
    edited January 2011
    The above only contains the final votes. Note, I can see at least in a few cases where people changed their votes and I didn't catch it properly. However, the above should be reasonably accurate.

So let's look at Extermatott's voting:

Day 1 - Dunadan
    Day 2 - Kellie
    Day 3 - Dragon6860
    Day 4 - Garick
    Day 5 - Heffling

Day 1 and 2 are for the most part irrelevant because enough information didn't exist to make an intelligent decisions at that time. Outside of the Masons and the Mafia, noone knew who would or wouldn't be safe.
    Day 3 he voted for Dragon6860 late in the day, helping to derail the vote on Phyphor, was was extremely suspect with his whole "I'm a guardian" deal and then Kellie dying to the Mafia.
    Day 4 he voted for Garick, even though at that point everyone knew that Phyphor was mafia.
    Day 5, he voted for me, because he knows he only has a day left, and is trying to take a villager out before he goes.

I previously posted my votes, but here they are again:

Day 1 - Romanqwerty (bandwagon)
    Day 2 - Romanqwerty (suspicion)
    Day 3 - Garick, changed to Phyphor
    Day 4 - Phyphor
    Day 5 - Extermatott

So, on day 3, I went after the obvious mafia target, that ended up getting derailed. I again voted for Phyphor on day 4. And today, I'm going for an highly suspicious target in Extermatott.

There are others to also be strongly suspicious of.

Enlightened Bum:

Day 1 - Kay
    Day 2 - Kellie
    Day 3 - Dragon6860
    Day 4 - Romanqwerty
    Day 5 - Heffling

Who do his votes look exactly like? Extermatott's. Day 3 he helped derail the Phyphor vote. Day 4 he didn't vote for Phyphor. And today he's helping to distract the vote from Extermatott onto me.

Zandracon:

Day 1 - Romanqwerty
    Day 2 - Phyphor
    Day 3 - Zandracon
    Day 4 - Cheez
    Day 5 - ???

It looks like he's not voting for any major targets and is basically tossing his votes. To me, that screams that he's trying not to draw attention to himself. Since the Mafia only need one person alive at the end to win, that would seem to me to be a good tactic.

There are others that also strike me as suspicious, but I don't think I should be at the top of the list. I know I've made some mistakes, like not catching that the narration verified Garick's story. All I can say is that Garick confused me earlier because I didn't understand the mechanics of a Phalla well enough to follow what was going on, and I hate being confused so I got a hard on for eliminating him. I'm over that now, and if I live, hopefully I can work with him to take out the remaining Mafia members.

Heffling on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Er. You may want to rethink that post. Zandracon's dead.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited January 2011
    Zandracon is especially suspect, being dead and all

schuss on
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, day 5 should be as follows:

Votes - Day 5 (as of 10:15 pm)
    (7) Extermatott - Garick, Cynic Jester, Pezzy, Heffling, Captainplanet, Cheez, Sir Fabulous
    Mr. Defication - Schuss

@Sir Fab: You're correct. I missed that.

@Zandracon: Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

Heffling on
    edited January 2011
    Damn, looks like I have to make a contribution after all.
    heffling, you doth protest too much

schuss on
    edited January 2011
    Thats an awful lot of posting for a regular villager to have to try and save his ass, and as I highly doubt you are a special... should we really be voting for me who has been basically posting as needed not really caring as to what happens? (I'm actually surprised I have been able to stay active.) Or the man who has been desperately trying to save himself. Who is more likely mafia? You figure it out.

Extermatott on
    edited January 2011
    I was talking about Heffling in case you didn't know.

Extermatott on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aren't you trying to save yourself now? ;)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    Thats an awful lot of posting for a regular villager to have to try and save his ass, and as I highly doubt you are a special... should we really be voting for me who has been basically posting as needed not really caring as to what happens? (I'm actually surprised I have been able to stay active.) Or the man who has been desperately trying to save himself. Who is more likely mafia? You figure it out.

I'm not a special at all, but do you really wanna vote out a villager when there's a Mafia to take down?

Heffling on
    edited January 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    Damn, looks like I have to make a contribution after all.
    heffling, you doth protest too much

Please detail your reasons for voting for Heffling at this point.

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    Thats an awful lot of posting for a regular villager to have to try and save his ass

Oh good, it's the "you're too invested in this game to be a villager" malarkey again. Who was it directed at last time? Oh right, romanqwerty.

cheez on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Can we ban Garrick in future phallas? Just askin'....

pezzy on