As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trip from Alaska

2»

• Steve_HardOCPSteve_HardOCP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, it's nice to know that others from AK are going to PAX, I think I might hold out until next year though.

bummer. :(

Steve_HardOCP on
  • AkiotenaAkiotena Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I plan on attending PAX via Alaska Airlines. Tickets are around $413 roundtrip right now. If that falls through, I noticed Continental is selling tickets around the same price.

I would drive but... well, I don't really want to rush it. The Al-Can is best saved for a leisurely trip south, methinks. :)

Akiotena on
    "It's pretty easy to figure out how much DPS you're doing as a corpse on the ground."

Akiotena.gif
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I forgot about this one from the CST thread:
    Mender_07 wrote: »
    So I am thinking, and at this point in time that's all it is is thinking, that I wouldn't mind heading down to PAX. Here's the thing. I live up north, and I mean up north in BC. If anyone around Ft. St. John, or even living along the route south towards Vancouver is interested in joining this managerie, drop me a msg here and we'll go from there. If I can find enough people who want to fill seats, it might be worth my while.

Cheers

b0wser on
  • Steve_HardOCPSteve_HardOCP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You can do "leisurely" at 100mph the whole way. When you get pulled over, just act all American on them and get away with it:

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?
    Me: The speed limit says 100, I was doing 100

Cop: The speed limit is 100 kilometers per hour
    Me: I know, and I was only doing 100

Cop:K-I-L-O-M-E-T-E-R-S
    Me: *blank stare*

Cop: Do you know what a kilometer is?
    Me: Looking at my 37 year old speed-o-meter "all I have is the MPH things"

Cop: If I give you a ticket, will you pay it when you go back to your own country?
    Me: What is "mail?"

Cop: I'll let you off with a warning

(*disclaimer* All of that actually happened to me...except that part about his asking me if I'd pay a ticket if I left his country...I like to imagine that is what he was thinking when he gave me a warning and let me go)

Steve_HardOCP on
  • 228playeR228playeR Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    Akiotena wrote: »
    I plan on attending PAX via Alaska Airlines. Tickets are around $413 roundtrip right now. If that falls through, I noticed Continental is selling tickets around the same price.

I would drive but... well, I don't really want to rush it. The Al-Can is best saved for a leisurely trip south, methinks. :)

I'm in Anchorage, too, looking into going to PAX. What's the update on your situation?

228playeR on
    edited May 2007
    Just bought my plane tickets. Fares with Alaska Airlines are still as cheap as $413 per person, though the times you fly in/fly out of Sea-Tac are a little... early and late, respectively. But that's all right.

Akiotena on
    "It's pretty easy to figure out how much DPS you're doing as a corpse on the ground."

Akiotena.gif
  • ZenbuZenbu Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    Heya, I live in anchorage myself, and have a wierd proposition to make.

Tiny backstory: I have gone to pax every year now, but starting last year, I work for alaska airlines which has made the endeavour much easier ;). Point being, I have passes that could get you there and back, and am willing to share one or two for my alaskan brothers and sisters. I'm not sure how I'd distribute them, but it'd probably be a first come first serve, as I'm unable to come up with a system immediately. A reminder though, these are space available passes, and have some restrictions. There is much info on this system and it's passes, and I am readily available to give said info out if any of you guys are interested, and desperate in the money situation. My email is [email protected], and I am not a god, so inquiries will be dealt with at my leisure, which usually does not take forever.

I'll probably require meeting you before the trip, so it's not really wierd if we just took off together at the airport.

But, as I've said to some of my friends before, no one should be denied PAX, even if you live in f***ing alaska.

Zenbu on
    edited May 2007
    Zenbu wrote: »
    Heya, I live in anchorage myself, and have a wierd proposition to make.

Tiny backstory: I have gone to pax every year now, but starting last year, I work for alaska airlines which has made the endeavour much easier ;). Point being, I have passes that could get you there and back, and am willing to share one or two for my alaskan brothers and sisters. I'm not sure how I'd distribute them, but it'd probably be a first come first serve, as I'm unable to come up with a system immediately. A reminder though, these are space available passes, and have some restrictions. There is much info on this system and it's passes, and I am readily available to give said info out if any of you guys are interested, and desperate in the money situation. My email is [email protected], and I am not a god, so inquiries will be dealt with at my leisure, which usually does not take forever.

I'll probably require meeting you before the trip, so it's not really wierd if we just took off together at the airport.

But, as I've said to some of my friends before, no one should be denied PAX, even if you live in f***ing alaska.

Hah, wish you'd posted a week or so ago... I would gladly have gone for that. XD

Ah well, good luck to everyone else. ;)

Akiotena on

Akiotena.gif
This discussion has been closed.