As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I gotcha, just don't let your current commitments prevent you from at least applying

Usagi on
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not trying to talk myself out of it, really, but I think vocalizing (sort of) the issues in my head is a good thing - the other side of it is that I have a whiteboard with a general to-do list plus my three projects on it, and there's something like 30 entires on there for major steps that need to get done to finish those projects. Some of them can be done pretty easily, I was just put in charge of those projects, but one of those projects is a major step for the company, I'm working on it alone and I am the only person in the company even vaguely qualified to do it.

I feel like I have a responsibility to finish this before I consider leaving.

You are such a better person than I am.

With your "responsibility". What is this word? What does it mean?

Sassori on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yay!

working out internship details next week, I start helping out with a fundraising project on monday :)

bowtiedseal on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yay!

working out internship details next week, I start helping out with a fundraising project on monday :)

Did you go with the cami or not? That's what is really important here.

NotASenator on
    edited January 2011
    haha, no cami.

bowtiedseal on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yay!

awesome news dude! sounds like cool stuff if you're already getting workin on stuff this far ahead!

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not trying to talk myself out of it, really, but I think vocalizing (sort of) the issues in my head is a good thing - the other side of it is that I have a whiteboard with a general to-do list plus my three projects on it, and there's something like 30 entires on there for major steps that need to get done to finish those projects. Some of them can be done pretty easily, I was just put in charge of those projects, but one of those projects is a major step for the company, I'm working on it alone and I am the only person in the company even vaguely qualified to do it.

I feel like I have a responsibility to finish this before I consider leaving.

Most hiring process take a lil while, you might be able to finish up your stuff before leaving.

skettios on
    edited January 2011
    haha, no cami.

I did have a rare girl moment where I was all "Oh! I like that shirt"

Heh. I'm glad you got the internship.

Sassori on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grats bits!

Usagi on
    edited January 2011
    lostwords wrote: »
    yay!

awesome news dude! sounds like cool stuff if you're already getting workin on stuff this far ahead!

I am excited! a little bit nervous on working + 18 credits cause just 15 kicked my butt last quarter, but at least I will have the internship out of the way and can get a job for the summer and not be dead broke for next year!

and thanks everyone!

bowtiedseal on
    edited January 2011
    I am excited! a little bit nervous on working + 18 credits cause just 15 kicked my butt last quarter, but at least I will have the internship out of the way and can get a job for the summer and not be dead broke for next year!

and thanks everyone!

It's not always the credits you are taking but the courses. I've had 15 semester credits that kicked my ass because of what I was taking but I've also had 18 credit semesters that have been pretty easy.

What sort of classes are you taking?

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    Sassori wrote: »

and thanks everyone!

It's not always the credits you are taking but the courses. I've had 15 semester credits that kicked my ass because of what I was taking but I've also had 18 credit semesters that have been pretty easy.

What sort of classes are you taking?

financial management of nonprofits, international campaign management, international political economy, and human rights and development in latin america

last quarter I had papers in all my classes worth 90% of the grade, which made the last weeks sort of stressful. at least this time things are more spaced out so stress levels remain fairly constant! and no 25 pagers this time around.

bowtiedseal on
    edited January 2011
    That's always helpful.

It's a pain in any class when one assignment can totally derail your grade for the semester. I feel like if a paper is going to be worth more than 20% of your overall grade that the professor should at least ask for a rough draft so that you know that you are headed in the right direction for things.

It's doubly painful if the teacher isn't clear about what they want and gives poor feedback.

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    yes and it would help people like me who have a tendency towards procrastination! it bothers me slightly that I worked really hard on a paper for last quarter (one of the 90% ones) and will likely never receive feedback - I got an A in the class so that means I did okay, but I'd still like to know what he thought without having to hunt him down.

bowtiedseal on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Bits, you got it? Well done! :D

Liiya on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, congrats, bits.

You are the champion.

NotASenator on
    edited January 2011
    thanks liiya and nas :)

bowtiedseal on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Apply for the job, Nas. It's sort of silly to weigh options when the options aren't even there. You never know what could happen.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited January 2011
    Hey NAS.

I hear you are good people.

Is this true? And if not why are people telling me that you are good people?

Sassori on
  • tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey NAS.

I hear you are good people.

Is this true? And if not why are people telling me that you are good people?

He gave us money.

tastypastry on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And threatened all and sundry in the most heinous manner.

EDIT: Oh, you got the job bits? I missed that, great to hear your fashion sense knocked them dead!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited January 2011
    thanks!

bowtiedseal on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just checked my bank account. Holy shit.

Uhhh...hm. I have two checks sitting next to me that will help cover February in part, but uh....I either need projects or a full-time job.

Not good not good not good.

DrZiplock on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Would it be wrong to send one of my office assistants to get me coffee? I am barely able to keep my eyes open today...

Do not wanna go to class. Argh.

this scared the hell out of me for a second.

Langly on
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Uhhh...hm. I have two checks sitting next to me that will help cover February in part, but uh....I either need projects or a full-time job.

yeah, mine's not looking so great either. i switched my DD to my credit union acct and apparently it won't go into effect until next week.

that is....distressing.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think I want to cling tooth-and-nail to a minimum wage job that I hate, so my bank balance is going to get increasingly arrid too

Bah

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Are you only doing freelance stuff now?

JoeUser on
    edited January 2011

Oh, what about this?

Marketing Copywriter/Content Strategist for Synapse Marketing Solutions

JoeUser on
    edited January 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Would it be wrong to send one of my office assistants to get me coffee? I am barely able to keep my eyes open today...

Do not wanna go to class. Argh.

this scared the hell out of me for a second.

YOU NO LONGER HAVE CLASS ON THURSDAYS.

OH MY GOD LEARN YOUR SCHEDULE!

Sassori on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    being sick fucking blows

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I really thought that water thread was going places.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited January 2011
    JoeUser wrote: »

Oh, what about this?

Marketing Copywriter/Content Strategist for Synapse Marketing Solutions

To answer your question: Yep, only doing the freelance thing now.

And as for that job...that's pretty excellent. Any idea on when it was posted? I'll get applying to it immediately.

As always, thanks joe!

Edit: Oh...three days ago. It's not even posted on their actual site yet. I'll get right to it.

DrZiplock on
    edited January 2011
    Zip, I'll reply to your email after our weekly meeting tomorrow morning.

NotASenator on
    edited January 2011
    Zip, I'll reply to your email after our weekly meeting tomorrow morning.

No worries, bud. Just doing my part to keep the ball rolling.

Talk to you then.

DrZiplock on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Applying for a Volunteer Coordinator Position. I would kick ass at this job, now I just need to put that into cover letter form. I can apply through their site or from the professional org site I found it on. I'm going with the latter because with that one you email it directly to the hiring manager.

VisionOfClarity on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to find someone around me with some medical training.

one handed IV setup is kinda... yeah, it's been waaaaaay too long since I started one with two hands, let alone one.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can poke you until I figure it out! I'm helpful like that.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Applying for a Volunteer Coordinator Position. I would kick ass at this job, now I just need to put that into cover letter form. I can apply through their site or from the professional org site I found it on. I'm going with the latter because with that one you email it directly to the hiring manager.

Good luck! :)

53731108137d4945ee49240.jpg

JoeUser on
    edited January 2011
    I talked to Leanna and I think I am going to muscle through my current project and apply for the Bethesda job.

NotASenator on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I talked to Leanna and I think I am going to muscle through my current project and apply for the Bethesda job.

:^: good luck duders!

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.