As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D awarded "best box art" so far

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heh, I remember the Aussie Gameboy Color.

Also yeah, I never understood the region locking problem, but that's because I can't speak/read other languages.

Fencingsax on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Probably because you guys never had to pay $60 for a DS game. :P

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rehab wrote: »
    Region locking being such a big complaint, even among a vocal minority, seems odd. I guess its mostly because I honestly see it as being such a huge non issue myself though.

Other than weeaboos being upset because they can't listen to J-pop while practicing their Japanese in some niche dating sim or dance rhythm game crammed with annoying anime trappings or people in Europe or Australia wanting to import and save some money (which is actually pretty valid and I do empathize there), I don't see any major blows being dealt.

You know, I can quite understand why some people aren't bothered by region-locking, and good for you if you're one of them.

But going out of your way to insult those who are disappointed about this is pretty goosey. You're saying that, because I'm bothered by this, and American, I'm a loser. Thanks for that.

Cloudeagle is right, though. It won't affect (console) sales. I'll probably buy one a few months after launch, assuming they can be found.

Rex Dart on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As a dude who broke his importing cherry with the DS and PSP, I am bummed about the region locking news. The language barrier was almost nil for importing rhythm and other text-minimal action games, the crazy boutique things that by their quirky nature often get passed over for localization. The BitGeneration GBA titles are heavenly (at least the ones I've played), Rhythm Heaven GBA is even better than the localized Rhythm Heaven on DS, etc. Things like DJ Max Portable and Ouendan eventually saw sequels/remakes brought to the U.S., but I can't help but wonder if diehand gamer buzz about the import titles is what helped them actually be localized in the first place.

I understand how niche the ability to import is from a business and publisher standpoint, but from the gamer standpoint—the only one I really care about, since it's my standpoint—it's a definite downer, especially because I fully expect the 3DS to be the premier Japanese development machine for the next several years. There is a chance that some games might not be locked, like how the occasional 360 Asian release is playable on NA 360s, but it's all one giant question-mark box right now.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Region locking being such a big complaint, even among a vocal minority, seems odd. I guess its mostly because I honestly see it as being such a huge non issue myself though.

Other than weeaboos being upset because they can't listen to J-pop while practicing their Japanese in some niche dating sim or dance rhythm game crammed with annoying anime trappings or people in Europe or Australia wanting to import and save some money (which is actually pretty valid and I do empathize there), I don't see any major blows being dealt.

It's one of those things.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-confirms-possibility-of-3ds-region-locking-191943.phtml
    This is, of course, great news for European customers who get to pleasure of waiting anywhere from six months to a year before Nintendo bothers to give them games.

http://kotaku.com/5738402/the-price-of-the-3ds-is-too-damn-high-and-other-complaints
    Region locking is the devil's work. We'll be bringing you more on the 3DS' region locking measures later, but suffice to say that any region locking on a handheld is something to be frowned upon. One of the joys of the Nintendo DS was the ability to sample games from other regions that we otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to enjoy. Like Ouendan. Locking the 3DS away behind iron curtains won't stop piracy, as Nintendo obviously believes it will. Nor do I think it has anything to do with another explanation given, that age ratings differ across territories. Pirates will always find a way, so all this measure will do is annoy hardcore consumers who want to play games they otherwise wouldn't be able to play.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/rumour-3ds-is-region-locked
    While not entirely surprising – Nintendo handhelds had always been region free until the release of the DSi, which along with the DSi XL used region coding – the news is nonetheless disappointing.

Should the rumour be true it would seem an odd decision for a firm that has blamed falling DS software sales on piracy, as region locking a handheld console is practically an invitation to hackers to open the system up.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-01-20-yarnton-region-locking-is-partially-due-to-ratings-dlc
    The decision to lock Nintendo's newest handheld, meaning that games purchased from outside your geographical region won't play on a locally bought 3DS, surprised many and disappointed some, who were hoping to import niche titles from Japan.

It's a thing enthusiasts can have a problem with. I'm not sure it makes them all weeabos. It won't affect Nintendo's sales in any noticable way, but hey, nice feature to have.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lunker wrote: »
    As a dude who broke his importing cherry with the DS and PSP, I am bummed about the region locking news. The language barrier was almost nil for importing rhythm and other text-minimal action games, the crazy boutique things that by their quirky nature often get passed over for localization. The BitGeneration GBA titles are heavenly (at least the ones I've played), Rhythm Heaven GBA is even better than the localized Rhythm Heaven on DS, etc. Things like DJ Max Portable and Ouendan eventually saw sequels/remakes brought to the U.S., but I can't help but wonder if diehand gamer buzz about the import titles is what helped them actually be localized in the first place.
    The best three games on the GBA weren't released in all regions. Mother 3 and Rhythm Tengoku were Japan only, and WarioWare Twisted wasn't released in Europe.

That's my argument for region free game systems.

mntorankusu on
  • inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    something else that's not being brought up much with these region-locking complaints is some people just want the nicer colors/limited edition systems that release in other markets -- and they likely won't be able to play their favorite 3DS games they've already purchased on those prettier imported handhelds.
    inthegray, you used to hang out here all the time, you were the coolest dude! What happen?

lots of work and too much blogging/freelance work for game sites. :(

inthegray on
    edited January 2011
    Things like DJ Max Portable and Ouendan eventually saw sequels/remakes brought to the U.S., but I can't help but wonder if diehand gamer buzz about the import titles is what helped them actually be localized in the first place.

Keiichi Yano at iNiS loved the crossover, in both directions.
    On the same token, Elite Beat Agents actually did pretty well in Japan, because they sell Elite Beat Agents in some mainstream stores.

[Note: Sofmap is a large electronics chain, akin to Best Buy in the U.S.]
    They have it in Sofmap all over Japan. If you go to Sofmap, you can buy EBA no problem. There's definitely a market for that. But once you have a community aspect in your game, it starts to become international, by the fact that you're already networked, and for us, once we're networked, a lot of the restrictions that we would have had are really kind of blown away.

Automaticzen on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the videos have me pumped on this console but none of the launch titles really excite me too much.

Madden looks pretty good for a handheld though, especially if it has online play.

troublebrewing on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Turning 3D off won't affect battery life as much as you might think.

The parallax barrier is passive and can't actually be turned off. It DOES use extra battery power, as the filter blocks light that needs to be made up for with a brighter backlight, but turning 3D off doesn't change that.

Hah! I knew it.

BTW, it sucks that the 3DS is region locked. It makes sense for the store to be, but it's a real shame. I really liked buying quirky Japanese games that required no knowledge of the language (even if I'm learning. I've stopped, but I still try to learn one or two things) and Tingle.

RockinX on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's something I just thought of this morning: The new 3DS store is allegedly cash-based, right? What happens if you have existing Nintendo Points on your old DSi account? (I guess this is a broader question of if there are actually accounts.) I still have 500 points lingering on my XL; I wonder if I should spend them before transferring my stuff over, or if I would get some kind of credit, or what.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lunker wrote: »
    Here's something I just thought of this morning: The new 3DS store is allegedly cash-based, right? What happens if you have existing Nintendo Points on your old DSi account? (I guess this is a broader question of if there are actually accounts.) I still have 500 points lingering on my XL; I wonder if I should spend them before transferring my stuff over, or if I would get some kind of credit, or what.

Spend them before transferring over, as they won't be converted to cash.

Edit: Though I don't remember where I read it.

RockinX on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    iMatt wrote: »
    Kworn wrote: »
    £229 way to much

Amazon £219

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3ds&x=5&y=19

I really cant afford that....damn

Just spotted that - you beat me to it :)

I can afford it, but since it is almost in $599 holy shit price territory I'm simply not paying.

I mean:

PS3 = $599 = £425
    3DS = $250 = £230?! The current UK price equates to around $324-ish, I think?

So yeah, if US folks had to pay $320+ I think we would see some real vitriol in the intertubes.

Maybe if OoT was available day 1 I'd think differently, but since Nintendo seem intent on ripping us off, I'm rapidly loosing interest.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, I preordered from amazon today. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Xaviar on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Region locking on portables just sounds dumb. What if you're in another country and want to buy a game while you're there?

Kyougu on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woo, you got my site up on the OP. Kudos. :^:

All this 3DS coverage is exhausting though. Every time I step out of my PC, there's two or three more news-worthy 3DS items; most of the articles on the front page were written by yours truly. I'm almost tempted to just sit back and let the other guys cover it, but that just means less money on my end.

With March looming forward with its wallet-raping lips, I need to nab all the cash I can.

Still waiting for word whether my boss managed to smooth over relations and get us some free 3DS's though.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Updated mt Gamestop Pre-Order today and picked the blue one also put money on Steel Diver. My Body Is Ready.

I am also all about paying money for old shitty Gameboy games I use to have.

Algertman on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey, I thought there was someone on here working on that site but I wasn't entirely sure. Anyway, its certainly a pretty good hub site for something that I assume was organized and is ran by a small group.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you compile all of the games that you have on the site? Did you scour the internet for them or were there representatives from those companies that contacted you? I'm just seeing a ton of games that haven't been mentioned anywhere else online, even if most of them are simply from vague "we're working on it" announcements made with no concrete details.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey, I thought there was someone on here working on that site but I wasn't entirely sure. Anyway, its certainly a pretty good hub site for something that I assume was organized and is ran by a small group.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you compile all of the games that you have on the site? Did you scour the internet for them or were there representatives from those companies that contacted you? I'm just seeing a ton of games that haven't been mentioned anywhere else online, even if most of them are simply from vague "we're working on it" announcements made with no concrete details.

For Japanese titles, Andriasang and Siliconera pretty much catch everything, as that's all they do.

Automaticzen on
    edited January 2011
    Internet, internet, internet. Google News, Andriasang (a terrific resource with a great layout), other 3DS blogs, and.....shudder, GAF. Even though that forum is filled with the bottom of the internet barrel, they always seem to get their news first over any other forum. Believe me, I would be more than happy to block that forum if it wasn't for the second-by-second coverage.

I'm not entirely sure how small the site is: every piece I write up gets filled with comments almost immediately, and considering how it's one of the very few places I've found that actually pays money (decent money too, about $9.50 an article, plus bonuses), they must be generating some decent traffic.

In any event, even though I'm merely copying news that gets posted elsewhere, I always make a habit to write things in my own style, try and add a personal touch so it doesn't feel like I'm just plagiarizing someone else's work.

edited January 2011
    Algertman on
    edited January 2011
    Internet, internet, internet. Google News, Andriasang (a terrific resource with a great layout), other 3DS blogs, and.....shudder, GAF. Even though that forum is filled with the bottom of the internet barrel, they always seem to get their news first over any other forum. Believe me, I would be more than happy to block that forum if it wasn't for the second-by-second coverage.

I'm not entirely sure how small the site is: every piece I write up gets filled with comments almost immediately, and considering how it's one of the very few places I've found that actually pays money (decent money too, about $9.50 an article, plus bonuses), they must be generating some decent traffic.

In any event, even though I'm merely copying news that gets posted elsewhere, I always make a habit to write things in my own style, try and add a personal touch so it doesn't feel like I'm just plagiarizing someone else's work.

GAF is odd. They seem to be on top of things but it's off putting when even your mods will troll a thread.

Algertman on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+Love+

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Algertman wrote: »

You know, this guy is generally pretty spot-on with his opinions. And he does raise a couple of good points... the iPhone is increasingly strong competition to portable game machines, and Nintendo did flub what should have been a gimmie by (probably) not having downloadable games ready for launch.

But I don't think either aspect will really put a big crimp in 3DS sales. It simply has too much buzz, too much momentum from its predecessor, and too much mainstream appeal. Not to mention that Nintendo won't make any of the same mistakes Sony did with the PSP. (Besides, the price tag, for the non-Go PSP at any rate, was the very least of that machine's problems.)

Though yeah, the "last-gen" criticism is truly silly.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited January 2011

Why? It's an opinion piece, and his basic premise is solid. Hell, he spends most of the second page touting the system's pluses.

Automaticzen on
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

You know, this guy is generally pretty spot-on with his opinions. And he does raise a couple of good points... the iPhone is increasingly strong competition to portable game machines, and Nintendo did flub what should have been a gimmie by (probably) not having downloadable games ready for launch.

But I don't think either aspect will really put a crimp in 3DS sales. It simply has too much buzz, too much momentum from its predecessor, and too much mainstream appeal. Not to mention that Nintendo won't make any of the same mistakes Sony did with the PSP. (Besides, the price tag, for the non-go PSP at any rate, was the very least of that machine's problems.)

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in his limited assumptions, especially when his book was so good. Also, am I the only one who doesn't remember everyone thinking the PSP was going to be a hit? I thought everyone went into that launch being skeptical?

Ruins on
    ach.png
    edited January 2011
    Ruins wrote: »

But I don't think either aspect will really put a crimp in 3DS sales. It simply has too much buzz, too much momentum from its predecessor, and too much mainstream appeal. Not to mention that Nintendo won't make any of the same mistakes Sony did with the PSP. (Besides, the price tag, for the non-go PSP at any rate, was the very least of that machine's problems.)

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in his limited assumptions, especially when his book was so good. Also, am I the only one who doesn't remember everyone thinking the PSP was going to be a hit? I thought everyone went into that launch being skeptical?

No, you're on to something. While the PSP did generate a lot of excitement, there was plenty of skepticism as well. In this case, only the inflammatory curmudgeons are really down on it.

cloudeagle on
    edited January 2011

Why? It's an opinion piece, and his basic premise is solid. Hell, he spends most of the second page touting the system's pluses.

My thoughts exactly.

Which part makes him an idiot, barring the sensationalist headline?

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    £229 way to much

Amazon £219

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3ds&x=5&y=19

I can afford it, but since it is almost in $599 holy shit price territory I'm simply not paying.

I mean:

PS3 = $599 = £425

So yeah, if US folks had to pay $320+ I think we would see some real vitriol in the intertubes.

Maybe if OoT was available day 1 I'd think differently, but since Nintendo seem intent on ripping us off, I'm rapidly loosing interest.

Nominal exchange rates completely ignore CPI and GDP differences.

Things cost different in different countries due to differences in wages and cost of living

Evander on
    edited January 2011

GAF is odd. They seem to be on top of things but it's off putting when even your mods will troll a thread.

We hate the living fuck out of Final Fantasy.

Now here are five new Final Fantasy threads.

In any event, one topic I will continue to cover in the site is One Piece. It's my hope that someone will pick up the 3DS game as well as distribute the 3D episodes. Doing both could be what the series needs to be more publicly recognized as Bleach and Naruto (despite being far better than both shows combined).

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

My thoughts exactly.

Which part makes him an idiot, barring the sensationalist headline?

I dunno comparing the 3ds to the psp? That makes no sense at all. The PSP was a device that was brand new and touted as really powerful but they never really proved that. I really don't recall this "OH MY GOD PSP!!!" stuff he was going on about. But the 3ds is a better version of an already MEGA SUPER popular portable system that has an amazing line up for it. And really the Iphone will be a competitor to the 3ds? Huh? Really? I know everyone and their grandmother has a smart phone these days but come on the games aren't even close to being anywhere as good. They aren't powerful enough, don't have the controls that a dedicated system does, and will never have the same games.

I'm gonna say that yeah that's a pretty dumb article for raising a bunch of points that don't really make much sense.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
    edited January 2011
    Evander wrote: »
    £229 way to much

Amazon £219

I mean:

PS3 = $599 = £425

Nominal exchange rates completely ignore CPI and GDP differences.

Things cost different in different countries due to differences in wages and cost of living

That doesn't change the fact Nintendo has raised the price relative to the higher cost of living or wages.

Nintendo are charging more despite charging more.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited January 2011
    And really the Iphone will be a competitor to the 3ds? Huh? Really? I know everyone and their grandmother has a smart phone these days but come on the games aren't even close to being anywhere as good. They aren't powerful enough, don't have the controls that a dedicated system does, and will never have the same games.

Though I agree with you overall, I think this board in general underestimates the iPhone. Not only is it selling like crazy, but it's selling games like crazy. 10 billion and counting in fact, and nine out of 10 of the top sellers are games. Sure, for most of us the iPhone isn't a replacement for other game devices. It's a supplement at best. But for the casual who just want to game a little, it satisfies their smaller itch for gaming and is more convenient than having two devices in your pocket.

Put it another way: take your paragraph, and replace "iPhone" with "Wii." That was pretty much the argument people gave for why the Wii wouldn't sell well. And we all know how accurate that prediction managed to be.

cloudeagle on
    edited January 2011
    And really the Iphone will be a competitor to the 3ds? Huh? Really? I know everyone and their grandmother has a smart phone these days but come on the games aren't even close to being anywhere as good. They aren't powerful enough, don't have the controls that a dedicated system does, and will never have the same games.

Though I agree with you overall, I think this board in general underestimates the iPhone. Not only is it selling like crazy, but it's selling games like crazy. 10 billion and counting in fact, and nine out of 10 of the top sellers are games. Sure, for most of us the iPhone isn't a replacement for other game devices. It's a supplement at best. But for the casual who just want to game a little, it satisfies their smaller itch for gaming and is more convenient than having two devices in your pocket.

Put it another way: take your paragraph, and replace "iPhone" with "Wii." That was pretty much the argument people gave for why the Wii wouldn't sell well. And we all know how accurate that prediction managed to be.

No no I don't argue that at all. I totally agree the iphone sells tons of games and I have tons of games on my iphone.

However they aren't the same kind of games. Comparing Deathworm or Lightbikes to MGS3 or Ocarina of Time is just pathetic and should never be done. They aren't the same kind of games at all. Much like with the ds there will be games that make people want to buy the system because you just wont be able to get that on an iphone. Things like Phoenix Wright, Layton, Pokemon, even nongamer people own dses for these things and I don't see that being any different with the 3ds.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So on Vent yesterday someone (guess) came in trying to stir up discussion on if the 3DS will sell well or not because of the iPhone/iPad. It was a fun conversation (of me yelling at him).

I think the smartphones are viable systems, but in the eye of the consumer smartphone sales are still separate to video game sales. They aren't competing with each other just yet.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nor will they until one of them has workable controls for 99.999% of games and a battery life while playing said game over two hours.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited January 2011
    In any event, one topic I will continue to cover in the site is One Piece. It's my hope that someone will pick up the 3DS game as well as distribute the 3D episodes. Doing both could be what the series needs to be more publicly recognized as Bleach and Naruto (despite being far better than both shows combined).
    I assume you mean in America? In Japan, it's second only to Dragon Ball Z.
    I dunno comparing the 3ds to the psp? That makes no sense at all. The PSP was a device that was brand new and touted as really powerful but they never really proved that. I really don't recall this "OH MY GOD PSP!!!" stuff he was going on about. But the 3ds is a better version of an already MEGA SUPER popular portable system that has an amazing line up for it.
    His only comparison there was stating that during the PSP's impending launch, everyone was high on the system, and he fears that this is because the system is too familiar. Nintendo experienced success with the unproven in the Wii, and Chris is not sure if the novelty of 3D is something that will fade with time or will be a legitimate boon to the system.
    Epic' Infinity Blade
    infinity-blade-grossing.jpg
    and EA's Dead Space says hi.
    dead_space_iphone_1.jpg

If you don't think it's competition, you make the same mistake others make with the Wii.

Ultimate point is this: If a child or young adult already has an iPhone or iPod with these titles, it's far far more difficult for a parent to justify the purchase of a singular portable gaming system. Especially at $250. This is not from a games standpoint. It's just fiscal reality.

Automaticzen on
    edited January 2011

No no I don't argue that at all. I totally agree the iphone sells tons of games and I have tons of games on my iphone.

However they aren't the same kind of games. Comparing Deathworm or Lightbikes to MGS3 or Ocarina of Time is just pathetic and should never be done. They aren't the same kind of games at all. Much like with the ds there will be games that make people want to buy the system because you just wont be able to get that on an iphone. Things like Phoenix Wright, Layton, Pokemon, even nongamer people own dses for these things and I don't see that being any different with the 3ds.

I think you missed the point I was making... there are loads of people who don't necessarily WANT Layton or Pokemon or Zelda. They're absolutely fine with Angry Birds. Again, those people aren't us. But we only make up a tiny fraction of the gaming market. It's the casuals that are the true driving force, and they're absolutely fine with not having deeper, more complex games. Simpler, quicker games scratch their itch for gaming. If that wasn't the case, the Wii wouldn't have continued to be the top-selling console for the fourth year running.

Edit: The iPhone has had an actually good battery life for at least the last two revisions, and there are plenty of games with good controls.

cloudeagle on
    edited January 2011

I think you missed the point I was making... there are loads of people who don't necessarily WANT Layton or Pokemon or Zelda. They're absolutely fine with Angry Birds. Again, those people aren't us. But we only make up a tiny fraction of the gaming market. It's the casuals that are the true driving force, and they're absolutely fine with not having deeper, more complex games. Simpler, quicker games scratch their itch for gaming. If that wasn't the case, the Wii wouldn't have continued to be the top-selling console for the fourth year running.

I'm not so sure about that. Those kind of people never bought a ds in the first place and would have no interest anyway. People who only play those kinds of quick iphone games don't buy 360s for instance but that still sells.

People who play larger games don't make up such a tiny part of the gaming market that with out people who only play angry birds a device will fail.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

God bless you.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.