As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Famous Catwomen [Chat]

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have way too many blue dots in the MMO subforum.

I was going to make a kissy joke in response to this, then realized that no matter how I played it it would come off a the creepiest case of chicken pox ever, so nevermind.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Working from home is fucking exhausting.

but you don't even have to wear pants

Creepy guy one time told my coworker that while she was giving him some tech support.

Also watched the hoarders ep with the rat man, jesus thats a lot of fucking rats.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's cold, I'm wearing pants anyway.

Actually, I usually prefer to wear pants.

TL DR on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Also [chat] has more hoard than a WoW server

Purge yourself of excessive stuff and feel the weight lift, dudes

my room at home is just a giant thing of stuff

like I have one semi-bookcase that's filled with work from like high school ><

flamethrower_5.jpg

desc on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just found a dead mouse floating In The toilet. Luckily I have a strong stomach, but it sdoes somewhat kill off the need to pee.

WMain00 on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Just found a dead mouse floating In The toilet. Luckily I have a strong stomach, but it sdoes somewhat kill off the need to pee.

jesus boy

what'd you eat?!

Senjutsu on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yes. I literally (LITERALLY) burned about 6 years of my life that had accumulated since I started this soul sucking job and actually -living- stopped being a priority. Boxes full of documents, junk mail with personal information on it, receipts, old financial records. Old college financial stuff, just total bullshit.

I had a 4 day weekend last weekend and over the course of 2 nights, I started a fire in the fireplace and my wife and I systematically burned it all.

It was glorious.

I won't lie. While nothing I burned was anything emotional on its own, it represented so much shit, it was like excising a lesion, slicing open a boil.

I got a little teary.

Fuck junk. FUCK IT.

Ludious on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Creepy guy one time told my coworker that while she was giving him some tech support.

Also watched the hoarders ep with the rat man, jesus thats a lot of fucking rats.

When I started as tech support here, the first week on the job I was on the phone with this guy who told me he needed a moment. I was a little surprised but he set the phone down. He comes back a few minutes later and told me he had to adjust his ice pack. I'm getting ready to go on when he informs me he had a vasectomy the other day. I really wanted to tell him that perhaps he was over sharing.

Thomamelas on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's cold, I'm wearing pants anyway.

Actually, I usually prefer to wear pants.
    Freak.

Thanatos on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Uhhh, yeah, I like to hang onto my stuff. But I lost all of that just under a year ago, except for a few shirts and a couple pairs of pants, so... that's not really the thing.

It's that my ex left all of her shit with me when she left, before she broke up with me. And, before she broke up with me, I'd been taking care of it for months, storing it in my car for her.

Now that I've started to get rid it, it's clearing out space in my mom's house. And it fees like there's more space in my life now, even though I've got no freedom to move around in it.

Besides which, hanging onto your ex's stuff just because you don't have the strength to look at it while you throw it away... that's not healthy. So getting rid of it is definitely a good thing.

FroThulhu on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »

if it didnt want you to pee on it it wouldnt be in there

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I hoard things on my WoW server too

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you look at a bunch of stuff stacked in a corner of your life and you can't think of one legal, financial, or truly (TRULY) sentimental reason to keep, burn it.

FIRE

Ludious on
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    If you look at a bunch of stuff stacked in a corner of your life and you can't think of one legal, financial, or truly (TRULY) sentimental reason to keep, burn it.

FIRE

jesus Lud

I'm eating here

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

desc on
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

I hoard things on my WoW server too

me too!

boo hoo the world epic I'm never going to use

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

So fucking liberating. It would make the staunchest Atheist have a religious moment, if only for a second.

Ludious on
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

FUCK YOU RAGNAROS

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

So fucking liberating. It would make the staunchest Atheist have a religious moment, if only for a second.

Maybe, just maybe, that's how it makes you feel and it would make me reconsider killing myself?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    throwing away my ex's shit felt pretty good. wish i had thrown away like all of her stuff before she had a chance to pick her up.

Dynagrip on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

Maybe, just maybe, that's how it makes you feel and it would make me reconsider killing myself?

Thankfully you burnt all your knives, rope and painkillers.

Starcross on
    edited January 2011
    Starcross wrote: »
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

Thankfully you burnt all your knives, rope and painkillers.

The train tracks are right over there

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have received a letter from Chris Abele, who is running for Milwaukee County Executive (the primary is February 15). It asks for money, and includes this utter failure of an analogy referring to the county's fiscal situation:
    We need a greater sense of urgency. For too long, some have thought of this problem as a flight delay. We need to think of this problem as a plane flying at 30,000 feet, with both engines on fire.

I'm sorry, but if both my plane's engines are on fire, I'm not even bothering with any ideas to fix whatever problem there is. I'm too busy screaming, whipping out my cell phone and telling my loved ones goodbye before I explode in a gigantic fireball in a corn field.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited January 2011
    If the idea of throwing away junk (as I've defined it) causes such a reaction, then that's probably something you'd need to discuss with your doctors because it's not healthy.

Ludious on
    edited January 2011
    If the idea of throwing away junk (as I've defined it) causes such a reaction, then that's probably something you'd need to discuss with your doctors because it's not healthy.

What you defined isn't junk.

YOU aren't healthy

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

Well no we don't want any Elldren suicides.

That would be mega-depressing.

I am actually inclined by nature to be a pack rat, but I live in a small studio apt. so the option is mostly closed to me now. I do feel better when I make myself get rid of stuff, though.

desc on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

I lost almost every single thing I'd owned since I was twelve years old. It could've filled a two-bedroom apartment and still been worth having, while leaving room for a little new furniture. I resent losing all of that.

But I'm free of it, too.

FroThulhu on
    edited January 2011

What you defined isn't junk.

YOU aren't healthy

If it isn't useful legally, financially, practically (don't really know how to define furniture and other accoutrement that you would use day to day) or sentimentally what use is it? I mean that literally covers every need at all to hang onto something other than "just because."

Ludious on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Help me D&D!

I am trying to remember the name of a science fiction short story in which a super computer is asked how to avoid the heat death of the universe. I thinks about it until all life in the universe is gone, with the final answer being 'let there be light.'

Damnit, what's its name and who wrote it?

chamberlain on
    edited January 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Yes ludious yesssssssss

BY FIRE BE PURGED

I lost almost every single thing I'd owned since I was twelve years old. It could've filled a two-bedroom apartment and still been worth having, while leaving room for a little new furniture. I resent losing all of that.

But I'm free of it, too.

You are a strong person to keep going on.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Help me D&D!

I am trying to remember the name of a science fiction short story in which a super computer is asked how to avoid the heat death of the universe. I thinks about it until all life in the universe is gone, with the final answer being 'let there be light.'

The Last Question, by Isaac Asimov

Starcross on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Help me D&D!

many thanks

chamberlain on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Help me D&D!

Man. I was totally ready to be useful for once.

Shivahn on
    edited January 2011
    You know folks it's okay to have different opinions about stuff.

I think Elldren's feeling a little persecuted right now.

*hugs ells*

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited January 2011
    I know I am weird and I know this is a crazy complex of mine but I don't think you should be shipping me off to a facility because of it. I can live just fine

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jesus, talk about escalation.

Silas Brown on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know I am weird and I know this is a crazy complex of mine but I don't think you should be shipping me off to a facility because of it. I can live just fine

we still like you elldren, and do not want you to reconsider killing yourself

Senjutsu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm sorry elldren were putting you in the home...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Jesus, talk about escalation.

I'm also a touch paranoid today

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011

of course not. Well, not until your house is condemned because of the hoarding

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.