As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Famous Catwomen [Chat]

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    you aren't the things you own, elldren

a great man once told me that

Nerdgasmic on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry everyone

I blame the snow

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Paradox Interactive want to make it so you can play a game of Hearts of Iron in a night. Now either the man in question has never played any Hearts of Iron game, or they have found some way to make the night longer.

Thomamelas on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, It's not like the rest of [chat] isn't just as weird in their own fun and unique and vexing ways.

Errybody got random things they do, and I definitely understand the desire to Keep Stuff!

desc on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

your father when he put you out on the street in a box marked 5c or free to a good home?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about escalation.

I'm also a touch paranoid today

Hrm, now I'm thinking we need to run a game of Paranoia....

Thomamelas on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know I am weird and I know this is a crazy complex of mine but I don't think you should be shipping me off to a facility because of it. I can live just fine

hoarder.jpg

Thanatos on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fucking snow.

I'm stuck at work for the next half hour and the traffic is gridlocked across the board.

GOD DAMMIT! I WILL KILL ALL MOTORISTS TODAY!

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Nerd games on Sunday. Might be the premiere for my Dark Eldar.

Echo on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was gonna complain about my customers, but I just don't have it in me now.

Silas Brown on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    People who like jrpgs should totally be shipped off to a home though, that's coo coo for cocoa puffs.

desc on
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about escalation.

I'm also a touch paranoid today

Hrm, now I'm thinking we need to run a game of Paranoia....

I'm running one in CF!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

your father when he put you out on the street in a box marked 5c or free to a good home?

do they not have any movies from after 1998 in canada

Nerdgasmic on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Oh, It's not like the rest of [chat] isn't just as weird in their own fun and unique and vexing ways.

Errybody got random things they do, and I definitely understand the desire to Keep Stuff!

I store every post someones written to me on toilet paper.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    People who like jrpgs should totally be shipped off to a home though, that's coo coo for cocoa puffs.

Excellent. Can I share a room with the dude from sling blade?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I am down with cleanliness and organization (er, as a principle, not necessarily as it obtains to me personally) but I could never ditch my books or DVDs or photo albums. I don't really get the point of living a life where you're always ready to pack a bag and leave in twenty minutes, I guess because I am not in the army or a drug dealer.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I know I am weird and I know this is a crazy complex of mine but I don't think you should be shipping me off to a facility because of it. I can live just fine

hoarder.jpg

I see some fucking easy mac.

I WANT THAT EASY MAC

Ludious on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Paradox Interactive want to make it so you can play a game of Hearts of Iron in a night. Now either the man in question has never played any Hearts of Iron game, or they have found some way to make the night longer.

the clue is in the name, yo

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am down with cleanliness and organization (er, as a principle, not necessarily as it obtains to me personally) but I could never ditch my books or DVDs or photo albums. I don't really get the point of living a life where you're always ready to pack a bag and leave in twenty minutes, I guess because I am not in the army or a drug dealer.

I'd love to not need to keep all my DVD's.

But am far to lazy to rip them all.

Burtletoy on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Isn't Paradox a Swedish company? :P

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm incredibly mundane if that helps.

HappylilElf on
    edited January 2011
    If I needed to pack all my stuff and leave in 20 minutes, I'd just leave all the crap behind.

Silas Brown on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »

hoarder.jpg

I see some fucking easy mac.

I WANT THAT EASY MAC

fuck the easy mac theres what seems to be costco bbq ribs there

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry everyone

I blame the snow

Snow craziness is a thing

it claims many Canadians during these dark winter months

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2011

Isn't Paradox a Swedish company? :P

They are. Son of a bitch.

Thomamelas on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i met a girl i really liiiiiike :)

Tav on
    edited January 2011
    Easy Mac is surprisingly okay for what it is

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Sorry everyone

I blame the snow

Snow craziness is a thing

it claims many Canadians during these dark winter months

"Eh aboot another one dead to the snow crazy."

"Aboot madness you hoser."

"aboot."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Tav wrote: »

You may not want to date her, she seems to be a Capitals Vampire.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Easy Mac tastes like is has sand in every bite.

Burtletoy on
    edited January 2011

I am generally sympathetic to the buddhist notion that attachment to impermanent things simply leads to unhappiness in the long run.

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Easy Mac tastes like is has sand in every bite.

burtletoy, a uterus is not a makeshift microwave, a vagina not an acceptable serving dish

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    yes. I literally (LITERALLY) burned about 6 years of my life that had accumulated since I started this soul sucking job and actually -living- stopped being a priority. Boxes full of documents, junk mail with personal information on it, receipts, old financial records. Old college financial stuff, just total bullshit.

I had a 4 day weekend last weekend and over the course of 2 nights, I started a fire in the fireplace and my wife and I systematically burned it all.

It was glorious.

I won't lie. While nothing I burned was anything emotional on its own, it represented so much shit, it was like excising a lesion, slicing open a boil.

I got a little teary.

Fuck junk. FUCK IT.

Page or two late, but I did something similar too. Every year in college right before summer I would wait until the last minute to move out of the dorms, or house, or apt, whatever. Because I was such a procrastinator it meant that I would just throw a ton of shit into the car, drive to storage unit, and throw that shit on top of what was already there. When I graduated I dumped all my stuff in there and took off for SD. It was 2+ years before I finally got around to renting a Uhaul, emptying out the storage unit, and bringing it all home. Cleaning it out was just depressing, the junk had stratified, you could dig down vertically and practically track the junk by year. Once home, with it all spread out in house, I realized just how much of it was pure, unneeded junk, I even found notes from high school english and shit in there.

We threw about 95% of it away, it was one of the most freeing moments of the last 10 years. I learned to packrat from my parents, and I still struggle with it badly. I hold on to junk I just simply do not need, and paperwork seems to be my number one issue.

Wish I had a fireplace, because I'd be right there doing what you did, shredding it all takes forever.

Dark_Side on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's not so much that, it's just that I hate having so much shit that I never use. It's more stuff that has to be clean, kept in good shape, taken care of, and moved when I move.

I mean, really, of my books, I re-read very, very few of them. I don't really like watching the same movie or TV show more than once or twice, and I listen to music very little (though, all of my CDs are burned to my HD). I just don't need much other than a computer, 360, TV, and bed.

Thanatos on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I keep my DVD's, but I keep them in a nice little case and all of the individual cases are in a box stored away. Same with video games.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited January 2011
    I hope I can afford a storage unit this summer but I doubt it : (

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited January 2011
    eh fuck it.

if you're going to tell me exactly how to do my damn job, don't give me a 10 point list of steps and then somehow forget to list 4 things.

Really, just don't tell me exactly how to do my damn job. Tell me what you want and I'll fucking make it happen. It's because you are computer-illiterate that I am paid so much money to post your goddamn documents on a web page that looks like it was developed 10 years ago.

Silas Brown on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

You may not want to date her, she seems to be a Capitals Vampire.

Is that some type of Mormon?

Tav on
    edited January 2011
    I keep my DVD's, but I keep them in a nice little case and all of the individual cases are in a box stored away. Same with video games.

I have my dvds in alpha order on shelves, but I need to reorganize to put new aquisitions in order.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    I think my next project is ripping all my DVDs

one less thing to move

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.