As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That made me think of a joke

what do you call a male cows nipples

(dudders)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can poke you until I figure it out! I'm helpful like that.

love it when you talk dirty

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I need to stop arguing on facebook with a right-wing nutjob. I'm never going to convince him that that putting god back in public schools isn't going to magically create mentally healthy children who don't shoot and bully the crap out of each other.

I would get more results from banging my head against my truck.

Cogliostro on
    edited January 2011
    Cog, move to ATL and re-train me to start IVs

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, I just applied for a job i'd kill for. The pay is crap but it would be an awesome position with a nonprofit doing what I want. It's the best cover letter I've ever written and it was emailed directly to the hiring manager. I'll probably call her tomorrow to make sure she got it and reiterate that I really, really want this job.

I want this even more than the wedding planning internship, and I'd beat a bag of puppies with a baseball bat for that one.

VisionOfClarity on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good luck VOC, hopefully you can get it without showing up on ASPCA wanted posters.

A talent exchange that has my information sent me an email warning me that SCEA downloaded my resume. Might be interesting work, but I would have to pretend to like Sony. With my luck it would be writing DRM software for their music group.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    edited January 2011
    Good luck!

VisionOfClarity on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, I just applied for a job i'd kill for. The pay is crap but it would be an awesome position with a nonprofit doing what I want. It's the best cover letter I've ever written and it was emailed directly to the hiring manager. I'll probably call her tomorrow to make sure she got it and reiterate that I really, really want this job.

I want this even more than the wedding planning internship, and I'd beat a bag of puppies with a baseball bat for that one.

i wish you the best of luck! also i couldn't find that recipe, nor could i think of the name other than hobo brownies. sorry

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
    edited January 2011
    Noooooooo :( One day I'll find that recipe. I know brownies were involved and marshmallows and I don't remember what else. Perhaps it's better this way, I'll always remember them as being special.

Also, it's a volunteer coordinator position with Zoo Atlanta. Hopefully I'll be joining you in the zoo workforce, albeit in a completely different way.

VisionOfClarity on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    did anybody tell NaS not to apply to the Bethesda job because it's probably really buggy?

Like he'll finish a project and then suddenly he won't be able to leave his office unless he's wearing a certain hat or everything will break.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I tried applying to Bethesda once. Their animator job posting was broken so I didn't see anywhere to actually apply or an e-mail or anything. I called them up to ask and the lady thought I was an idiot.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited January 2011
    Noooooooo :( One day I'll find that recipe. I know brownies were involved and marshmallows and I don't remember what else. Perhaps it's better this way, I'll always remember them as being special.

Also, it's a volunteer coordinator position with Zoo Atlanta. Hopefully I'll be joining you in the zoo workforce, albeit in a completely different way.

oh my gosh. you have no idea how useful that position is. If you are good at it, and I imagine you will be, it is awesomely helpful to the rest of the staff.

vermiculture on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    older coworkers peer pressure me to drink too much

i'm going semi-sober for the next 2-3 weeks i decided

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited January 2011
    semi-sober? like never quite sober? I need your job.

vermiculture on
    edited January 2011

oh my gosh. you have no idea how useful that position is. If you are good at it, and I imagine you will be, it is awesomely helpful to the rest of the staff.

It's the perfect position for me, I want it so bad I can taste it. I really stressed my recruiting and training experience plus the work I've done in fundraising and development (I mean, all nonprofits want some of that right?) and that I totally understand that a position like this requires being flexible beyond the job description and pitching in where it's needed. And while I don't have their preferred (not mandatory) certs I put down that I have researched upcoming classes and training for them and that I could be full certified in 4 months.

VisionOfClarity on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

i wish you the best of luck! also i couldn't find that recipe, nor could i think of the name other than hobo brownies. sorry

What's the basic description of these brownies?

JoeUser on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i dont know where else to put this so ill put it here

we just did a story about a drunk this morning who is soon to be fucked.

proper fucked.

drunk fella got in a fight with a cop this morning and knocked him out

stole the police cruiser, which also housed a K9

drove away with the cop hanging onto the door, dragged him for about 75 yards

guy stops the car in the next county and is found by another K9 unit

stabs the new K9 in the neck and runs again

oh by the way, in the state of Ohio, police dogs have the same standing as a police officer

so this guy is looking at:
    at least 2 counts of resisting arrest
    2 counts of attempted murder of an officer
    grand theft auto
    kidnapping a police officer

oh and he just got out of prison so they could charge him of a convict being in possession of a firearm after he stole the cruiser

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jeyzus

That guy is going down

Solar on
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I saw that on the news this mourning eating my breakfast, that dude is boned.

did you guys get a lot of snow Mr lens?

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes I wonder if applying for jobs that don't allow pdf format CVs in their shitty online application processes is really worth the effort.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited January 2011
    Josiah_9 wrote: »

we got about 4 inches

with about an inch of ice underneath

my mom is up your way near Zanesville and got snowed in yesterday

CrackedLens on
    edited January 2011
    semi-sober? like never quite sober? I need your job.

no i just meant i have set a total drink limit from today for the next 2 weeks

thus it is almost like having 2 weeks totally sober but with some slack

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Josiah_9 wrote: »

we got about 4 inches

with about an inch of ice underneath

my mom is up your way near Zanesville and got snowed in yesterday

level 2 snow emergencies in all the counties around Columbus. Still at work, going to be a sloooowwwwwww day. Most people don't want us coming out in this weather.

You'd think if you are home already it would be a good day to get your stuff fixed.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if applying for jobs that don't allow pdf format CVs in their shitty online application processes is really worth the effort.

I suggest having a Microsoft Word and plain text version of your resume just in case it's needed. Can save you some trouble down the road.

NotASenator on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am back at work after having a fever yesterday

ffffffffffff

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I suggest having a Microsoft Word and plain text version of your resume just in case it's needed. Can save you some trouble down the road.

Yeah, it's just a ball ache to generate those files especially when I'm changing the CV up a bit to focus on specific jobs like a good little boy.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Look at that PDF, just got back from the printer's this morning.

You like the color on that? That's bone.

Langly on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Langly wrote: »

nice.

NotASenator on
    edited January 2011

You like the color on that? That's Bone.

11314.jpg

CrackedLens on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Personally, I prefer the eggshell white.

But wait until you see Paul Allen's card.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay so next fall, there's a possibility that a Lego mindstorms programming thing class would take place (For parents and their kids), with me as the teacher.

Problem is, I don't have one-a them mindstorm thingies and they cost like 300€, and I pretty much need to learn it first before I teach it. Oh, and I need to buy it myself, don't even know if it counts as tax deductible since it is technically something I'd need to do the job...

This class would be cool as all hell, but fuck, it might not even be worth it money wise.

Burning Organ on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man.

i just found out that the annoying, slightly-burning, constantly "need to cough" feeling i have in the back of my throat has been a sinus infection ... for like, 3 months. got one of those snorting bottle things. slept woooooooonderfully. still tired, but i'm guessing that a few more nights of clearing my sinuses with that thing before bed is going to cure that.

now i need to go to work, where i will be watching How It's Made for the entire morning. wahahaha.

mully on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If I die, I want Langly to have my comics

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    End wrote: »

My God it has a watermark.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited January 2011
    So I haven't gotten an email confirmation about my resume and normally I would just call but I want this job so bad I'm nervous about calling. I'm a big weeny.

VisionOfClarity on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    End wrote: »

My God it has a watermark.

Obligatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXaRORian4

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    If I die, I want Sassori to have my comics

That's so sweet!

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    So I called the woman at the zoo and she has my resume. Now to wait and see if she likes it :(

VisionOfClarity on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just sent off a resume and cover letter to what has potential to be something incredible.

Here's to hoping, I suppose.

edit: Also, the office that I work out of is closed today because there was an insane fire two doors down from where we are. Everything smells of smoke. Not good smoke either...really rather bad smoke.

The building that was on fire is burned to nothing. Six fire companies turned out and they were at it for about 12 hours.

DrZiplock on
    edited January 2011
    D: jeez

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
This discussion has been closed.