As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

1565758596062»

• NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Zip, I couldn't weasel a good answer on designers out of my VP at the meeting today. A lot of doubletalk.

NotASenator on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Just sent off a resume and cover letter to what has potential to be something incredible.

Here's to hoping, I suppose.

edit: Also, the office that I work out of is closed today because there was an insane fire two doors down from where we are. Everything smells of smoke. Not good smoke either...really rather bad smoke.

The building that was on fire is burned to nothing. Six fire companies turned out and they were at it for about 12 hours.

hey buddy nice work. This is about giving blood so don't read it if you dont wanna.
    Back in Michigan I would have races with my buddy to see who could donate faster. The nurses hated us, and they used to put a paper towel on my chest just in case I squirted a little blood out.

In work related news the number of animals who want me dead is growing, rapidly.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sweeet interview on the 1st Feb for the Welsh Assembly Stats Department.

A 40minute test, followed by a 30 minute interview (kicked off by a 5 minute presentation, by me, on some stats I need to take from their website).

Need to go out and buy a suit as well.

e: I am really not looking forward to the presentation though I am a god awful public speaker.

101 on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just sent off a resume and cover letter to what has potential to be something incredible.

Here's to hoping, I suppose.

edit: Also, the office that I work out of is closed today because there was an insane fire two doors down from where we are. Everything smells of smoke. Not good smoke either...really rather bad smoke.

The building that was on fire is burned to nothing. Six fire companies turned out and they were at it for about 12 hours.

hey buddy nice work. This is about giving blood so don't read it if you dont wanna.
    Back in Michigan I would have races with my buddy to see who could donate faster. The nurses hated us, and they used to put a paper towel on my chest just in case I squirted a little blood out.

In work related news the number of animals who want me dead is growing, rapidly.

Did you get spanked by a monkey, yet?

Yukira on
    edited January 2011
    if that monkey gets anywhere near my butt i am a goner.

vermiculture on
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Attention all college students:

If you have parents or guardians please call them for at least two minutes once a week so I don't have to put up with them.

THANK YOU.

Sassori on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    at uga they didn't tell you anything and told you to call the cops if you were worried.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately I get phone calls from Campus Safety and then I have to go do something called a "wellness check" on the resident.

Damn it.

Sassori on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    walk into their room and punch them in the gut

Bucketman on
    edited January 2011
    I want to shake every stupid freshman I meet until I can hear their teeth rattling around.

This has not been a good week and I'm stuck with the phone until Monday morning. If anyone of these kids is too stupid to keep their crap together tonight my RA's are going to have some very interesting quotations from me to put in their reports.

Sassori on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Commissar Sassori

Weaver on
    edited January 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    Commissar Sassori

Bow before me!

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    I get a 15 hour shift tomorrow, because, unfortunately, one guy is in the hospital. Will it be all that bad? Nah.

Just as an aside: In my foray into getting preorders for some new games, I found the Mega Man X Collection for the PS2 and Wind Waker. I am happy.

Yukira on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate looking at my bank account. I even have the app for it, so it's only like 3 button presses, but I just...don't want to see it anymore.

Scudo on
    edited January 2011
    Oh yes. The wonderful depression that follows...

I know it well...

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    Commissar Sassori

Bow before me!

This post is just begging for innuendo

Weaver on
    edited January 2011
    Commissar Sassori

Bow before me!

This post is just begging for innuendo

No. I think we're good.

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    Commissar Sassori

Bow before me!

sh...should I also lick your boots?

Bucketman on
    edited January 2011
    OH MAN I Just came back from some heavy drinking with zoo folk.

let me tell you, the drama I walked into unknowingly was pretty bad. I had a drunk mother acting inappropriately onto me. And I caused drama! let me just date you se++ so I won't have to worry about this. work is going to be awwkward this weekend. at least the capybara doesn't give a hoot about my love life. zoooliffeeeee

vermiculture on
    edited January 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Commissar Sassori

Bow before me!

sh...should I also lick your boots?

It's decided.

I need to get me some boots.

Sassori on
    edited January 2011

let me tell you, the drama I walked into unknowingly was pretty bad. I had a drunk mother acting inappropriately onto me. And I caused drama! let me just date you se++ so I won't have to worry about this. work is going to be awwkward this weekend. at least the capybara doesn't give a hoot about my love life. zoooliffeeeee

Look at you with your animal magnetism.

See...Do you see what I did there?
    Do you?

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    no i failed to see it. sorry. ask me again tomorrow. The hippo is going to crunch me in half if i don't sober up. CRRUNNCH

vermiculture on
    edited January 2011
    the stern commissar with leather jackboots and stormcoat

the lowly soldier who requires disciplining

Weaver on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah it gets weird when work relationships form. I'm a manager and theres a girl who works under me who very openly has a crush on me. She texts me all the time, and posts on my facebook, and my boss is not very happy with me, but I already told her as her manager this is inapporporiate but she won't stop.

Bucketman on
    edited January 2011
    I always avoid work relationships by being intensely unattractive to everyone around me.

Yep. It's totally on purpose.

... :Sob:

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    I just couldn't deal with the incredible amount of gossip!! the girl I do have a crush on is bisexual? I don't even care about her sexual orientation, I just start to hear inter-department drama and my mind almost immediately goes to that double rainbow video.

vermiculture on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I always avoid work relationships by being intensely unattractive to everyone around me.

Yep. It's totally on purpose.

... :Sob:

I also use this tactic.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I got a really good performance review for the past year. it was kind of cool. been a while since i'd had official/documented validation.

Dynagrip on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i am AT THIS VERY MOMENT watching a cock-sure 19 year old in a guiness driving cap having trouble opening a donut box

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i am AT THIS VERY MOMENT watching a cock-sure 19 year old in a guiness driving cap having trouble opening a donut box

Is it hilarious to watch him struggle?

I bet it is

Solar on
    edited January 2011
    no i failed to see it. sorry. ask me again tomorrow. The hippo is going to crunch me in half if i don't sober up. CRRUNNCH

Foe Hippo used Crunch on Vermiculture!

It's super effective!

Yukira on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This is not the first time that you've had issues with older more maternal members of the opposite sexy coming onto you.

It's the crocs, isn't it?

DrZiplock on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Old ladies love dem toes

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited January 2011
    I just asked a store employee to unplug the power cable to a printer to get it reset.

The person goes and unplugs the parallel cable that runs between the printer and the store's main tower.

Power cables are usually little black cables that are plugged into a wall.

They don't go to a computer.

ARGH!

Yukira on
  • tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This is not the first time that you've had issues with older more maternal members of the opposite sexy coming onto you.

It's the crocs, isn't it?

It isn't even just the women. Langly thought he was really cute, too. Except, I don't know if he is older but he is paternal since he has a baby.

tastypastry on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yukira wrote: »
    I just asked a store employee to unplug the power cable to a printer to get it reset.

The person goes and unplugs the parallel cable that runs between the printer and the store's main tower.

Power cables are usually little black cables that are plugged into a wall.

They don't go to a computer.

ARGH!

Every time I start a class in the mornings (When the computers have been turned off because having 10 computers on over night is expensive) I have to remind my students (Old people) that no, the little light on the monitor does not mean that the computer is on, you need to actually press the button on the computer itself.

Don't even get me started on logging in using a password that has a whopping amount of two capitalized letters.

Sometimes teaching these people seems like a losing battle. The few that will learn something will be held back by the ones that keep forgetting how to do the most simple tasks. But maybe I'm just a bad teacher?

Burning Organ on
    edited January 2011
    Oh, there's a lot of times we'll have to repeat that the power button they're pushing simply turns off the monitor or that just because it's saying "no signal" as the device is rebooting doesn't mean the monitor is broken.

I also just had to teach someone how to input gift cards into the system correctly using the exact same manual they have there at the stores.

Yukira on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I probably woulda gone to high school a lot more if I couldn't keep up while missing 50 days a semester.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Performance review!
    I have to fill out the comments section for each category on it... then I guess my boss will give me a score? Also had to give him the list of stuff I've done.

After all that we'll sit down for the actual review. Woo

skettios on
This discussion has been closed.