As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Three minutes. This is it. The beginning. [Chat] zero.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    syndalis wrote: »
    Wow, so Keith Olbermann announced that he was leaving MSNBC, and that his final show was... well... tonight.

WTF, MSNBC.

Comcast bought out NBC.

Cinders on
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Someone is spending several hundred dollars to have an old, likely worn plastic pony which looks like a manufacturing error. I am totally unfamiliar with the aesthetic quirks of this curious niche market.

I suppose there are people who buy the more common examples of "perfect" ponies? Are those worth less due to their more banal taste level?

Well, not so much manufacturing errors as foreign variations--ponies made in Columbia or Brazil or someplace instead of the usual Hong Kong or China. (That freaky one is made in Columbia, the one I found at Value Village today is made in Spain.)

The "regular" ponies are more sought after by most collectors, but there are also a lot more of them around, so they're a lot cheaper.

LadyM on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    like kurosawa I make mad films

ok I don't make films

but if I did they'd have a samurai

SCENE: 1970s, hot Summer day, Central Park

Narrator (Morgan Freeman): Thaddeus Hanako grew up on the mean streets of the Bronx. He learned to fend for himself the hard way, fighting his way through indomitable warriors, mysterious ninja magicians, and dreaded beasts that occupied his neighborhood throughout his child hood, racing always towards his greatest dream.

To be the greatest ice cream vendor his city had ever known.

Quid on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am lonely too D: Making friends in college when you live off campus is a pain in the ass. There never is any time to talk to your classmates during a 50 minute class.

And I'm still stuffed from qdoba.

And I'm trying to figure out why I'm so freaking un-horny.

Every one of my college friends I met in language classes.

Or clubs! Join clubs.

But I am pretty antisocial so I went through college making like one friend.

I tried joining the GSA here, but they never wrote back on where they met. Also, our school's club system is so outdated and horrible. And I've made one friend here too, but I'm dating him now :|
    At least you're dating someone. Right now I want that more than gainful employment.
    Mim wrote:
    I know what you mean. Honestly, most of the people I really got to know were in Chamber with me, and I spent time with them before, after, and outside of class.

What's qdoba?

Qdoba = like Chipotle but supposed to be spicier? It's a "Mexican" restaurant chain.

and after class I'm most likely on my way home because its cold here and I do not like being at bus stations at night D:
    Well, I chatted with people on the way from the choir room to where we parted ways to go back to our respective rooms.

Oh see, chatting isn't a problem for me. It's the getting it to go beyond that, that sucks. I'm so freaking shy and used to people trying to befriend me instead of me trying to befriend them. It was like that until my senior year of high school, and that was because I moved right before my senior year and so making friends with people who've been together for 3 years is hard.

So, yes, I'm used to people befriending me instead of me trying to buddy them. I got out of 2 very long friendships back in 2009, so I'm probably still reeling from that and should probably take my time. I'm also trying to figure out what I want in friends, so I should be moving slower. But fuck being lonely sucks.

and I'm on Yaz. I didn't have a particularly high sex drive before this though. I mean, most of my relationships, I start out pretty into it but then in the middle I'm like "OKAY. ENOUGH WITH THE TOUCHING, PLEASE".

Mim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ice Dog: Way of the Vendor

Cinders on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What are you on, specifically? Some formulations/brands of the pill have really driven a bus into the libidos of a few people I've known
    Since Nickie stopped posting here because she's lame, I can say this exact thing happened to her when she was on the pill. Then when she stopped taking it we had to get a new bed.
    Although those two events are unrelated, as their old bed simply had termite damage and it was time to replace it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just decided to drop a class, only to learn I'm ever so slightly too late. Goddamn it. Looks like I'm going to have to write that paper after all.

LadyM on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    holy shit.

holy shit.

if i ever have a spare 800 bucks you can bet i'll be rocking a colonial marine armor set and pulse rifle

cosplay is cosplay, gooey

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    like kurosawa I make mad films

ok I don't make films

but if I did they'd have a samurai

SCENE: 1970s, hot Summer day, Central Park

Narrator (Morgan Freeman): Thaddeus Hanako grew up on the mean streets of the Bronx. He learned to fend for himself the hard way, fighting his way through indomitable warriors, mysterious ninja magicians, and dreaded beasts that occupied his neighborhood throughout his child hood, racing always towards his greatest dream.

To be the greatest ice cream vendor his city had ever known.

brb buying tickets

desc on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    ok, for some people anti-depressants are libido-hostile

Well, Wellbutrin specifically is not libido-hostile.

Unless you consider weight gain hostile to your libido.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What are you on, specifically? Some formulations/brands of the pill have really driven a bus into the libidos of a few people I've known
    Since Nickie stopped posting here because she's lame, I can say this exact thing happened to her when she was on the pill. Then when she stopped taking it we had to get a new bed.
    Although those two events are unrelated, as their old bed simply had termite damage and it was time to replace it.
    Actually it was an Ikea bed and she pushed me backwards onto it and it broke so nyah!

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    holy shit.

holy shit.

if i ever have a spare 800 bucks you can bet i'll be rocking a colonial marine armor set and pulse rifle

the one acceptable form of cosplay

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Being your slave what should I do but tend
    Upon the hours, and times of your desire?
    I have no precious time at all to spend;
    Nor services to do, till you require.
    Nor dare I chide the world without end hour,
    Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,
    Nor think the bitterness of absence sour,
    When you have bid your servant once adieu;
    Nor dare I question with my jealous thought
    Where you may be, or your affairs suppose,
    But, like a sad slave, stay and think of nought
    Save, where you are, how happy you make those.
    So true a fool is love, that in your will,
    Though you do anything, he thinks no ill.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    G.I. Joe cosplay, gooey?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got nothin' you can hold/you're a figure skater's tube-top

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    holy shit.

holy shit.

Well then do it right instead of a bunch of catchers gear and a plastic gun.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=664

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I tried joining the GSA here, but they never wrote back on where they met. Also, our school's club system is so outdated and horrible. And I've made one friend here too, but I'm dating him now :|

Boo. But yay dating someone! I wish I could make more friends too -_-

Also antidepressants really messed with my sex drive when I was on them.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    syndalis wrote: »
    Wow, so Keith Olbermann announced that he was leaving MSNBC, and that his final show was... well... tonight.

WTF, MSNBC.

Hint: today is the first full day of Comcast owning NBC

That fucking sucks.

He was not my favorite talking head on MSNBC, but he was consistent, and every now and again he would deliver.

His coverage of Arizona's "death panel" situation was not only awesome in that it showed the hypocrisy of the right WRT saying the left will set up death panels that decide if you live or die all while cutting funding to programs that gave organ transplants to people who couldn't afford them... but it also shined a light on the paths for donations to help the people who lost their government funding.

Or the free clinics that people could donate towards in the blue dog states when the HCR debate was raging.

Dude pulled some theatrics, for sure... but his heart was always in the right place, and I will miss his presence.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    G.I. Joe cosplay, gooey?

you're grounded.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    LadyM wrote: »
    I just decided to drop a class, only to learn I'm ever so slightly too late. Goddamn it. Looks like I'm going to have to write that paper after all.

That's ok, you could what I did and first think you couldn't drop them, then four weeks later learn that you could so you get a W and a P instead of two nothings in your final quarter.

I am sure the grad schools will be all "loooollll" at that.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    holy shit.

holy shit.

Well then do it right instead of a bunch of catchers gear and a plastic gun.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=664

Actually there are dudes who have taken real full-auto thompsons and underslung shotguns and made real-deal pulse rifles

do you think my girlfriend would object to a lifesize alien drone and a colonial marine duking it out in our living room

i think it would make a great focal point

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mim maybe you should take Carrot's libido off his hands for a while, sounds like you could use it while he can't

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's starts off well enough. Gooey just dresses up as a fictional space marine and joins in on some scenario war games. Then someone mentions some people who specifically do Aliens vs. Humans stuff and Gooey figures why not? After a few games it's suggested he take on the role of the Alien so other people can play the marines. Out of fairness he acquiesces.

And then there Gooey is, in his Alien body suit, curled up with a couple others, mandibles extending so close.

Quid on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HEY GUYS

Rent on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Boo. But yay dating someone! I wish I could make more friends too -_-

Also antidepressants really messed with my sex drive when I was on them.

Yeah, that's why I like coming into [chat]. I mean, I definitely want to get to know you guys outside of the forums though, but I'm very self depreciating. You could pay me a compliment and I won't believe it (I won't do the whole "Noooo" thing, I'll say "thank you"). I think I'm not good enough most of the time for other people. Like I hate going to doctors because I feel like I'm wasting their time kind of stuff. Same with making friends.

Plus, most of you seem super smart so I'm worried about not keeping up.

Tonight, I share too much with [chat].

But really, I like (most) of the people here.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dont stop quid

im close

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mim maybe you should take Carrot's libido off his hands for a while, sounds like you could use it while he can't

what did he do

Rent on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hai Rent.

desc on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dont stop quid

im close

I know. That's why there are bars on my windows.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Poor Carrot. I WISH YOU MASS AMOUNTS OF PUNANI!

Mim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    LadyM wrote: »

That's ok, you could what I did and first think you couldn't drop them, then four weeks later learn that you could so you get a W and a P instead of two nothings in your final quarter.

I am sure the grad schools will be all "loooollll" at that.

Suuuuuck.

My transcript is a ridiculous, winding road map to begin with. Technically I could drop this course and get a W, but it's a 2 credit course that consists of "write a paper" so it doesn't seem worth the W. I'm just looking at how many papers I have to write this quarter and dying inside.

LadyM on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

DO YOU LIKE ME?!

i don't emot-smith.gif

Rent on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    aw yesss

the bazaar episode of the venture bros

this is where it goes from good to great

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »

DO YOU LIKE ME?!

i don't emot-smith.gif

We haven't talked enough for me to know you~.

Send me a fiver and we'll talk. :P

Mim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wish Daft Punk would do a straight hard album.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dont stop quid

im close

But are those resistant to acid?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »

what did he do

He's not using it, she could.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ok, for some people anti-depressants are libido-hostile

Well, Wellbutrin specifically is not libido-hostile.

I'm just putting a possible explanation in front of her to consider or reject as inapplicable you bloody tedious pedants
    I want to sig this

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dont stop quid

im close

Yes.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dont stop quid

im close

Yes.

Can I hide in your bunker away from the Alien cosplayer?

Cinders on
This discussion has been closed.