As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2011 PAX PRIME

Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in PAX Archive
Ok i know its early but does anyone have any idea what the dates are for PAX Prime 2011 Seattle are yet?? I have to put in for them off at work soon and i dont know the dates for sure and im not missing it this year so if anyone knows thank you if not dont worry about it.8-)

Csifreak86 on

• tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Csifreak86 wrote: »
    Ok i know its early but does anyone have any idea what the dates are for PAX Prime 2011 Seattle are yet?? I have to put in for them off at work soon and i dont know the dates for sure and im not missing it this year so if anyone knows thank you if not dont worry about it.8-)

The weekend before the usual weekend that Prime always falls on.

tek on
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    August 26-28th.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Data Center Operations Systems Engineer Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It is from August 26th-28th are dates for PAX Prime 2011.

Dakinggamer87 on
    My Game Collection
    Dakinggamer's Paradise

PAX Prime 2015 - hotel room [] 4 day badge [√]
  • thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All I know about PAX Prime 2011 is that the Pax Pokemon Leage will be back for it again :)

thespiffyneostar on
  • SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait a second, I thought it was the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September?

I need confirmation of this ASAP because I've already got a room on hold for Sept 2-4 at a timeshare and if I have to change it, it needs to happen NAO.

Robert????

SpaceGhost2K on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It is definitely the weekend before Labor Day this year.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it's Aug 26th-28th, it was posted in the PAX booklet this year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shit. 'scuse me. Darn.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, what was the reasoning for PAX Prime not being on Labor Day weekend this year?

Jordman12 on
    2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jordman12 wrote: »
    So, what was the reasoning for PAX Prime not being on Labor Day weekend this year?

Pretty sure the WSCTC was already booked for that weekend far in advance.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BigRed wrote: »

BigRed wrote: »

So you're pretty pretty sure? :P

whypick1 on
    edited January 2011
    I got it straight from Robert Khoo, August 26th-28th.

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firewallenderfirewallender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the heads up!

Finally, I get that three day weekend for camping! Weeeeeeeeee! CABIN PARTY TIME!

firewallender on
    Firewallender.com | @firewallender on Twitter

I SURVIVED THE PAX 2009 CON-SARS BREAKOUT!
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do we know about when passes are going on sale?

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
    edited January 2011
    I don't know for sure but couple weeks before or after PAX East (which is March 11-13). They are going to be a little bogged down with that event coming up, so somewhere within that time. Passes do not usually sell out until month before (don't quote me on that). So just check in around that time.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Sweet sounds good to me, have more time to get money together for everything then.

(Sorry I missed you at PAX last year for our Bioshock cosplay pic btw, I went to the skybridge but never saw you or anyone in Bioshock there)

Thanks! =)

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry that I was unable to attend, I have a spinal condition and by that time I was pretty out of it and just following my group. That does not excuse me missing the meeting. I hope to see you this year we have a large group of fun costumes going with us.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I asked off for work yesterday. Because PAX Prime is a week earlier, I won't be able to get time off for it, so I probably won't be there :-( I work at a university and PAX is now during our first week of class. I can get off work at the end of the second week, but not the first.

Going to try over the next few months to at least get Friday off so I can fly out Thursday evening or Friday morning... I was really looking forward to attending again :-(

DMmagic on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DMmagic wrote: »
    I asked off for work yesterday. Because PAX Prime is a week earlier, I won't be able to get time off for it, so I probably won't be there :-( I work at a university and PAX is now during our first week of class. I can get off work at the end of the second week, but not the first.

Going to try over the next few months to at least get Friday off so I can fly out Thursday evening or Friday morning... I was really looking forward to attending again :-(

QUIT :P! Im going to try to make it out as well, but the family will call upon my presence that week....

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yay thanks for answering im actualy glad its the last weekend of aug cause i have work stuff the following weekend and i will be at PAX for my brithday this year so awesome! cant wait

Csifreak86 on
    edited January 2011
    Csifreak86 wrote: »
    Yay thanks for answering im actualy glad its the last weekend of aug cause i have work stuff the following weekend and i will be at PAX for my brithday this year so awesome! cant wait
    Come find the Girl in the Metroid Zero Suit and I will give you a cookie from Cookie Brigade for your Birthday.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like I'll need to reschedule my planned trip to fit with the new dates. I was expecting it to be in the first weekend of september but I guess you can't have everything (though i do get to leave work earlier than i expected).

EDIT: Still want to go watch some college football but still gotta wait :(

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Ansilon_MureAnsilon_Mure Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, bit new here, hope somebody can answer a bit more clearly than the PAX Prime site. So the Badges for 2011 Prime haven't even gone on sale/open for registration yet right??

When I go to the PAX Prime site it says all badges are Sold Out, don't know if that means for 2010 badges or 2011 ones.

And yes it will be my first PAX ever, I hope!

Ansilon_Mure on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, bit new here, hope somebody can answer a bit more clearly than the PAX Prime site. So the Badges for 2011 Prime haven't even gone on sale/open for registration yet right??

When I go to the PAX Prime site it says all badges are Sold Out, don't know if that means for 2010 badges or 2011 ones.

Pax Prime 2011 badges are most definitely not yet on sale. Usually the con-goers don't see any Pax Prime action until Pax East is over (though there is much work going on behind the scenes I'm sure).

zerzhul on
    edited January 2011

Glad to have a new member, the tickets are not sold out (that was from 2010 message). I don't expect them to go for sale until March unless they have time to set it up. With PAX East happening around the 14th of March, they are very busy getting ready for that. They don't usually sell out until July but get them when they come out. I hope this has helped and that you enjoy your first PAX Prime.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ansilon_MureAnsilon_Mure Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks, was just checking it was a bit confusing hitting the PAX Prime site and it saying Badges are all gone.. lol.

And thanks for the greeting! I've kind of always been one of those long-time listeners with PA crew and PAX and this was my 'first time caller' so-to-speak.

Needed to because I've been working on going to PAX for 2 years now, and I think this year will finally be it!

Ansilon_Mure on
  • ScootaScoota Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if the west coast PAX train is still happening, but I scheduled time off from work for August 24th until August 29th so I can take the train! Next up is the hotel.

Scoota on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    hopefully by march/april registrations for PAX Prime will open up then....can't wait! there's always a first for everything so this'll be my first PAX and my first trip to the US: so amped!

thegh0sts on
    edited January 2011
    I doubt registration will happen before May. The powers that be need a little bit of time between "PAX East madness" and "Need to work on PAX Prime now".

whypick1 on
    edited January 2011
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I doubt registration will happen before May. The powers that be need a little bit of time between "PAX East madness" and "Need to work on PAX Prime now".

probably though last year's PAX Prime registrations opened in april.

thegh0sts on
  • LordKawaiiLordKawaii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Scoota wrote: »
    Not sure if the west coast PAX train is still happening, but I scheduled time off from work for August 24th until August 29th so I can take the train! Next up is the hotel.

Man its on, even if I have to take over planing for it!

LordKawaii on
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awww man. New dates conflict with the first week of school. This is unbueno for teachers.

Maybe some other time!

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Scoota wrote: »
    we have a facebook event page http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186391791379034

thread will likely go up after PAX East, maybe sooner.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
    edited February 2011
    Well looks like PAX lines up with my first week of classes. I guess I will be missing national syllabus week! Oh darn. If any of my teachers have a problem with it then I am going to say too bad cause I have had plans for PAX since last years PAX and they didn't have the schedule for classes posted then. Hooray skipping! If any of them have a huge problem then I will go to the attendance office to get it excused as a family wedding (which for some reason they fully excuse for at our college but not family reunions)

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    I took a solid week off of classes at the beginning of the semester for three straight years to make PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• hmwsgxhmwsgx Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I didn't see any threads about this, so forgive me if I've overlooked somewhere to ask about this.

This will be my first year going to PAX Prime. My biggest concern is reserving the hotel room. I know there is a reservation system available but I wanted to know how it worked.

*Do you get to choose your hotel or is it basically first come first serve?
    For example, I go to GenCon Indy every year and I use their hotel registration system. With their system as soon as they open reservations all of their hotels surrounding their convention are filled within a half hour. Then you have to frantically search for other rooms so you don't end up all the way across town. The only way you can get the hotel you really want is to pay extra money for a "Very Important Gamer" pass and you'll get to choose your hotel early, plus you're guaranteed one of your top 3 hotel choices. Is this similar to how the registration works?

*If you don't get the hotel you wanted, is there a wait list?

*How early does hotel registration begin?

*Are there any group rates?
    Another example, Gencon (sorry, Gencon is the only con I've done hotel registration with) has great deals if you go through their registration. If you look on the hotel's site or even somewhere like travelocity the hotel you want could be 400 a night but with the GenCon hotel reg it's knocked down to 180 a night.

*Are there any hotels close to PAX that can house over 4 people? I have a group of 5 that may turn into 7. I know some hotels have a limit while other hotels can be built for larger numbers.

*Overall, is PAX hotel registration a better deal/easier to book than going through a third party like expedia/hotels/etc?

Sorry if some of these questions seem obvious. I looked around the PAX Site and couldn't see any FAQ on the hotels.

hmwsgx on
    edited February 2011
    They'll have group of hotels available to choose from that will have discounted PAX rates.
    No wait list, but you can always try to book directly at the hotel at their normal rates.
    Think all of the PAX hotel rooms max out at quad occupancy. If you need more, probably have to book with hotel and not at PAX rate.
    Easy enough. Register, pick hotel, pick dates, enter billing, done.

whypick1 on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I took a solid week off of classes at the beginning of the semester for three straight years to make PAX.

This is why you are AWESOME, Moe.

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

This makes me happy to no end =)

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • IDS3RemixIDS3Remix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good afternoon, first time posting, so I apologize if this has been asked in the past.

I was wondering if it's possible to buy passes for friends as gifts, or if I have to actually have them sign up on their own. Was planning to take a friend as a surprise birthday gift, but am worried about ruining the surprise if I have to have her fill out everything on her own. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thank you.

IDS3Remix on
This discussion has been closed.