As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicits for April 2011

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Graphic Violence
full solicits now up and in other news DC has dropped the comics code and are going to implement their own system.

Highlights:

-Batman/Red Robin/Sirens crossover

-Batwoman #1 delayed to April

-Dark Knight #5 looks to be delayed a month to April

-Joe Kubert's graphic novels being reprinted

-movie people are doing stories for Action #900

-JL Generation Lost and Brightest Day end:

JLEAGUE_GEN_lost23.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Argh, more people should be on the Generation Lost.

I hope that those who are not there aren't taking a dirt nap.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I actually got into JL:GL by mistake, and it's been really exceptional as far as I'm concerned.
    Sad about Magog though, bad way to go.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I pretty sure every single Justice League of America cover has Dick Grayson either unconscious or in bondage

ALSO: OH MAN THIS COVER!
    BMINC_Cv6_var.jpg

Other than that, I may pick up Xombi because if I wait for the trade it'll probably die.

MastaP on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It seems the solicit says Wonder Woman will be joining the JLI in facing off against Max Lord . . .
    In JL:GL though no one but a select few even remember who Diana is though. Is this a byproduct of her character's revamp? I admit I haven't been keeping up with whatever's been happening with her character so I'm a little in the dark about how she fits into the scene.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It seems the solicit says Wonder Woman will be joining the JLI in facing off against Max Lord . . .
    In JL:GL though no one but a select few even remember who Diana is though. Is this a byproduct of her character's revamp? I admit I haven't been keeping up with whatever's been happening with her character so I'm a little in the dark about how she fits into the scene.

It somehow ties into Flashpoint, as the Flash book mentioned in a previous issue the timeline being all wonky. I'm starting to wonder if the white ring in Brightest Day is the thing to change the universe for Flashpoint, because it's actually Superboy Prime omg.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    -Don't care about War of the Green Lanterns. Not even a little bit.

-Reign of Doomsday's going to be more than a month-long event? Good lord.

-Some Angel of Death mini-crossover between the second tier Bat-books? Weird, but okay.

-I still can't believe Batman: Odyssey is a 13-part series.

-From Outsiders: "As Black Lightning’s team battles Geo-Force’s team, Batman emerges from the shadows. And all are left wondering: Who is Veritas?" I feel pretty confident saying no one's wondering who Veritas is.

-Hey, Batgirl gets a car. That should be fun.

-"SUPERMAN/BATMAN #83
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art by CHRISCROSS
    and MARC DEERING
    Cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    The penultimate chapter of “Sorcerer Kings” finds Batman, Doctor Occult, Detective Chimp and Klarion the Witchboy facing a magical Armageddon in the present as Superman is taken to meet the future Justice League at the Hall of Doom! How did things go so wrong — and can anything be done to stop it?"

Well, that's a lot of things that I like.

-"BOOSTER GOLD #43
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN & J.M. DEMATTEIS
    Art and cover by CHRIS BATISTA and RICH PERROTTA
    Coming to grips with all he’s seen and done, Booster Gold makes the biggest decision of all times – do it for the glory . . . or just do it. Is this the start of a new Booster?"

Oh boy, Booster's going to make a decision about how he conducts himself, for the thirtieth time in the past few years.

-Ig Guara drawing some of the JLA 80 Page Giant? Neat.

-Power Girl looks like zany fun.

-DC Comics Presents: Ninja Boy? Really, you couldn't reprint something like Hourman, Chronos, Resurrection Man, or something people may actually want to read?

-JLI V. 6, Mighty Crusaders, and Planetary/Batman TPBs? Nice.

Munch on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God damn, the GLs are always fighting a damn war. They aren't doing a very good job of keeping the peace.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Could anyone tell me what Red Circle stuff DC has put out so far? And how much has been collected?

MastaP on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There were the 4 JMS one shots, a Shield/Inferno and Web/Hangman series that each lasted only 10 issues, and a current group book that I think only lasted 6 issues. Don't know if any of the stuff was collected considering how poorly it sold.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone feel that Blackest Night/Brightest Day has gone on too long?

It feels like that, just a never-ending splurge of stuff

Solar on