As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From WBEZ Public Radio in Chicago

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    no, i just don't like talking to you

So...don't? Going out of your way to make a post about how much you don't like me seems pretty juvenile to be honest.

Esp. for a mod.

man, you've really lost your mojo
    this is the best you can do?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    no, i just don't like talking to you

So...don't? Going out of your way to make a post about how much you don't like me seems pretty juvenile to be honest.

Esp. for a mod.

Come on. I know we get the occasional whining about the mean ol' mods from ignorant new folks, but you've been here. The mods are probably more likely than the general population to call people stupid fuckers if only because they have to wade directly into the morons.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    deacon change the subject

what is your stance on radiolab

my favorite episode is the one about gambling addiction

Quoth on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quoth wrote: »

yessssssssssssss

that poor lady :(

Langly on
    edited January 2011
    at least the one taking the medicine was able to figure out the correlation and stop

but dang, that was some crazy stuff

it really does explain how the addiction happens, though...

i get super addicted to this really cheap risk-type game on my phone that randomly assigns your army units so it's like if gambling and risk were mixed together

Quoth on
    edited January 2011
    I love that episode because it also has the story (I think) of the two girls in Britain with the same names who found each other by random chance and were close in age and what they wore and had similar hamsters and everything.

Langly on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    I love that episode because it also has the story (I think) of the two girls in Britain with the same names who found each other by random chance and were close in age and what they wore and had similar hamsters and everything.

was that the one with the dude who was so committed to becoming selfless that he ended up dying for it? that story was impressive.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The episode that inspired that Matt Damon movie, was better than the movie.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited January 2011

was that the one with the dude who was so committed to becoming selfless that he ended up dying for it? that story was impressive.

Man I have not heard that one. The episode I'm thinking of is Stochasticity, which didn't have that one in there.

Langly on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Man I have not heard that one. The episode I'm thinking of is Stochasticity, which didn't have that one in there.

I have my episodes mixed up. I am thinking of radiolab's The Good Show, and the theme is altruism. The story is about George Price. It is a neat show.

EDIT YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO IT LANGLY BECAUSE IT IS SORTA ABOUT BIOLOGY AND SORTA ABOUT THINGS NOT LIKE BIOLOGY. ALSO, WAR.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I listened to episode 234, Say Anything, last night.

oh god act I is so sad

:cry::cry:

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011

I like the one where the wasp stabs the beetle right in the brain, mind controls him, and walks him into the nest.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Also that podcast-only speech about biblical figures was somehow deeply moving.

Like, I had to stop the treadmill and take a moment to get my shit together.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011

I like the one where the wasp stabs the beetle right in the brain, mind controls him, and walks him into the nest.

oh man yes, that was so crazy

the fact that such an animal actually exists made all my sci-fi nerves tingle

and also made me really paranoid for about ten minutes

Quoth on
    edited January 2011
    I liked In Silence a good deal.

Langly on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, Wasps must be exterminated.

I don't care what nature thinks about the matter.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zoel wrote: »
    Ok, Wasps must be exterminated.

I don't care what nature thinks about the matter.

If it makes you feel any better an insect brain is about as complex as a watch.

To work on a human the wasp would have to be 3 feet long and have hundreds of diamond tipped stingers aimed at key lobes.

Oh and bone eating acid spit.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

oh god act I is so sad

god I knooooooooow

also Petty Tyrant was really entertaining but parts of it were goddamn terrifying

also also the whole Toxie episode was really enlightening to me, although that doesn't quite count as TAL

YaYa on
    edited January 2011
    So on All Things Considered this morning, they did a little Story Corps thing where they get regular people to tell a story and the full version gets put into the library of congress.

This one was told by an aging, crass woman who was talking about her crazy ass dad back in the sixties. She was pretty funny and had this really dry, old lady voice.

So after her bit was done, the host said "No, that wasn't David Sedaris describing a new book, that was (whoever), telling her story for blah blah blah"

I was like, damn Robert Siegel. Sick Burn.

Langly on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

oh god act I is so sad

Need to finish that ep. I started it, but it was having trouble buffering so I skipped ahead.

Started Kids Politics yesterday. Weird stuff. Glad I didn't get into student politics.

skettios on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    one of my friends, one of his talents seems to be doing great impressions of public radio personalities

it's a bit weird

but he can do car talk people, wait wait don't tell me people, radiolab, this american life, on point, etc etc

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    today on our progrum

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    YaYa wrote: »

oh god act I is so sad

god I knooooooooow

also Petty Tyrant was really entertaining but parts of it were goddamn terrifying

also also the whole Toxie episode was really enlightening to me, although that doesn't quite count as TAL

Petty Tyrant was really, really good.

Haven't listened to Toxie yet.

The first act of The Super is really funny.

Act two of Neighborhood Watch was also super tense.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    edited January 2011
    Shit the TV series is re-airing?

Some of those episodes are really amazing, other not so much but most of them are amazing.

Hope they make new ones

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I liked the show on Frenemies
    Each part was rather enjoyable
    Especially the Poem about the guy at the Wedding Party
    And the word expert

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also Superheroes
    Because Fuck yeah Superheroes
    And also it had John Hodgman
    Fuck Yeah John Hodgman

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited January 2011
    I loved the whole bit where they explained the differences between people who choose flight instead of invisibility and vice versa

Staleghoti on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CuervoMan is the best TAL bit ever.

Ever.

Abracadaniel on
    edited January 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    I loved the whole bit where they explained the differences between people who choose flight instead of invisibility and vice versa

Yeah, I never even considered invisibility that great of a power
    I spend most of my time trying to get people to pay attention to me

BusterK on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The iPhone app of this is pretty good

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited January 2011
    BusterK wrote: »
    Staleghoti wrote: »

Yeah, I never even considered invisibility that great of a power
    I spend most of my time trying to get people to pay attention to me

I would steeeeeeeal so much

Staleghoti on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Neither invisibility or flight are that great. How fast can you fly? Can you go faster? How much higher? I do not like most amusement rides I doubt I would like flight. And people will see you and shoot you down. Also the higher up you get the windier and colder it gets and also BIRDS.

Invisibility doesn't work unless you take off all your clothes. Which is lame and cold. Maybe kinky I guess.

Muse Among Men on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, you could get a fancy suit that becomes invisible with you, like the Invisible Woman.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I suppose.

Muse Among Men on
    edited January 2011
    Flight would be pretty cool but if I had to pick one of the major powers
    I would want to be invulnerable
    Has there ever been a comic book character that was weak and pretty unathletic but his one power is he can't get hurt?

BusterK on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the ability to determine the perfect ice cream flavor to go with any meal

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2011
    BusterK wrote: »
    Flight would be pretty cool but if I had to pick one of the major powers
    I would want to be invulnerable
    Has there ever been a comic book character that was weak and pretty unathletic but his one power is he can't get hurt?

yes, it is an awesome story too. It was in the avengers initiative after civil war

his power is that his body cannot be harmed or change state at all.

guess how you get stronger? you break down muscle mass and it grows back.

whoops, my body can't be harmed in any way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterball_%28Emery_Schaub%29

Langly on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the ability to have the best seat at any event

Abracadaniel on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the ability to determine the perfect ice cream flavor to go with any meal

I thought it would be Dulce de Leche across the board
    but sadly that broke down pretty quickly

Tam on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Futore wrote: »
    Now Diane Rheme. Oh my god shut the fuck up you old bag of farts your voice makes me want to go on a blind rampage.

She is one of the best interviewers/radio voices of all time. But yeah, at this point in her life, it's just grim.

No she's really great, that's why I still listen. It's just that her voice sounds like an exaggerated impersonation of an old woman. It's so annoying.

of course, she had spasmodic dysphonia, which is the disorder which made Scott Adams completely unable to speak for a while

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]