As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] 4.0.6 broke stuff. Some care, others mock them for it. Film at 11

ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
See this post and beyond for patch notes

Since [Chat] is the most generalized WoW topic in G & T, I'd like to make the OP useful. But also keep the title entertaining.

Whether it's professions, raiding, player vs player, or just general emotions about things, World of Warcraft probably owns your soul.

Discussions specific to Deathknights, Druids, Hunters, Mages , Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Shaman, Warlocks and Warriors exist nearbye.

If you're looking to join PA groups:
Obsidian Spurs are a Horde guild on Sargeras US based out of G&T
Beasts of Unusual Size are a Horde guild on Ravenholt US RP-PVP based out of G&T
Obsidian Spur are an EU guild on Saurfang based out of G&T
Shambler Milk are a Horde guild on Cho'Gall US based out of SE++
Clawshrimp and Co are an Alliance guild on Draenor US PVE based out of G&T.
Blah blah something about Penny-Arcade Alliance @ Dark Iron (i.e. if you tell me the data, I can post it here!)
There's a guild somewhere based out of DnD, but I couldn't find it right away, I'll add link later

Or heck, even if all you want to do is talk about your wicked UI set up or laugh/cry about the rogue named "Sneakywarrior" that you saw, we have homes for those too.

The janitor messed with your profession again.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
ImthebOHGODBEES on

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This has been up for a day with no replies?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The old one was just locked

LockeCole on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh?

L Ron Howard on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bitches don't know 'bout my secret phased Deepholm herb garden.

JAEF on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    Bitches don't know 'bout my secret phased Deepholm herb garden.

Do tell.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, let's play the timeline speculation game again. I'm going to guess that 4.0.6 goes live early to mid-February, and 4.1 goes up on the PTR late Feb to early March with a release date of late March to early April.

Halfmex on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Playing hide and seek on my human rogue with a undead rogue was fun

till I died :(

Dox the PI on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Step 1: Do the Earthen quest line in Deepholm until you get to "Rescue the Stonefather... and Flint" quest and leave it in your quest log uncompleted
    Step 2: Fly around Needlerock Chasm picking up masses of uncontested Heartblossom and Cinderbloom any time you feel like it
    Step 3: Puppet

JAEF on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Step 1: Do the Earthen quest line in Deepholm until you get to "Rescue the Stonefather... and Flint" quest and leave it in your quest log uncompleted
    Step 2: Fly around Needlerock Chasm picking up masses of uncontested Heartblossom and Cinderbloom any time you feel like it

Nice. I'll have to try that with my druid.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This is a good plan

Dox the PI on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What are we, chopped liver?

<Clawshrimp and Co> are an Alliance guild on Draenor US PVE based out of G&T.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    This has been up for a day with no replies?

Thread was phased.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I just discovered the entrance to the Vortex Pinnacle ... man that thing is a ... well thing of beauty. As is the whole Uldum zone.

Oh and I am having fun doing lvl 70 heroics in Outland :D. Never did them way back when ...

TheBigEasy on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    So I just discovered the entrance to the Vortex Pinnacle ... man that thing is a ... well thing of beauty. As is the whole Uldum zone.

Oh and I am having fun doing lvl 70 heroics in Outland :D. Never did them way back when ...

70 heroics, for the most part, were pretty good. There were a few that were just miserable like S.Lab or Arc; but the rest were pretty good times.

To be honest, I kinda feel they hit the "difficult but not idiotic" on most of them better than they have on the Cata ones. I recall having to still plan ahead on pulls even in mostly 70 heroic gear (mainly blues, epics were still pretty rare at the time for non raiders), but never feeling like it was just stupid shit for the sake of stupid shit.

Except the ones I mentioned and maybe others I'm not thinking of. I actually also liked Shattered Halls though I know it was the bane of many folks.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    TBC heroics had way too much trash though. All of them did. Just way too much shit to wade through to get to bosses.

JustinSane07 on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I take the gravest offense to the Penny-Arcade Alliance @ Dark Iron not being mentioned in the OP.

Hamurabi on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I really like the look of some of the new zones.

belligerent on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I tried to tank.
    With Bear.
    I suck horribly at tanking. I blame a lot of it on my shitty 500-1000ms connection. The issue isn't the "lag" per-se but the fluctuation of wild lag spikes that just STICK. The connection is solid enough, it just... wants to deadlock for 2 seconds here and there and that is enough to wipe a party.

Fuck you Murphy.

I guess I will stick with DPS, but I grow so so so tired of 40 minute queues.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Been leveling a druid too.

Much more fun with cat form being early on instead of bear form.

Oghulk on
  • NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm curious to know if I've been doing Heroic Lady Naz "wrong" from the Heroic Throne of the Tides. Usually, when the gets to phase 2, we CC the two caster adds and I tank the big guy. Been doing this successfully since I first started doing the dungeon. Run it with guildies usually but on occasion when I HAVE to LFD, I get thrown in it and have done fine enough with this philosophy.

Last night was a bit different. I come into the dungeon already on the Lady Naz fight. They ask if I know the fight, I say yes, and we get ready to go. They remind me to kite the big add and pick up one of the casters too while we were still in phase 1. This was partly my fault for not asking how THEY did it but I told them I've never had to kite the big add before. They say fine, whatever (three of them were in the same guild, 2 dps and a healer). I also ask why we dont just cc the extra add too since we had the cc to do it and they ignore me. Phase 2 hits, they cc one and gripe about the other so I quickly pick it up and pop anti magic shell along with ice bound fortitude. My health started going down about as usual but I noticed unlike past times I wasn't getting healed nearly as well. Soon I end up dead on the ground, even after a vampiric blood, rune tap and some self heals from lichborne (I"m a DK, blood tank).

The three guildies, after the wipe, go on to assure me of my awfulness and to go learn how to play Cataclysm and play my class. Usually when the "l2p noob" thing comes out of someone's mouth, they automatically lose any credibility I might have given them. However I decided to look it up and sure enough, some people do seem to kite the big guy and leave a caster add running about.

My guild healer along with the past pug healers never complained about healing me in the past, be in that fight or others and usually my tank/healer relationship seemed pretty solid. Its easy for me to write it off as a bad healer/guild/group kind of thing but now I'm curious if its a common thing to kite the big guy or if most people just tank the guy and avoid tornadoes as we do and then proceed to pick up the last 2 from CC's ville. I'm not looking to make anyone's dungeon harder, I've just never had an issue with the fight before now (when it comes to the adds. Still people standing in the geysers/not bothering with interrupts).

(Probably mainly a question to other tanks as well as healers out there)

Nyht on
    edited January 2011
    Cat form is the shit.

Although I'm getting kinda bored already with everything in general, I have a few 85's now. (5 actually)
    It's just like WOTLK. Run LFD groups all day long but with longer waits.

I want more to do.

HallowedFaith on
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cat form is the shit.

Although I'm getting kinda bored already with everything in general, I have a few 85's now. (5 actually)
    It's just like WOTLK. Run LFD groups all day long but with longer waits.

I want more to do.

Archaeo...I can't even finish saying it.

Emporium on
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless the tank is terribly geared, the big add doesn't do enough damage to worry about (can you even snare it?). 2x cc? kill the big add first. 1xcc? kill caster > big add > cc target. If nobody forgets to interrupt and people avoid spouts, that fight isn't too hard.

sim on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So my account just got hacked. It was bizarre. That's what I get for not using an authenticator I guess. Funny thing is, I was at my desk when it happened. Alt-tabbed and was reading MSPA and watching Eureka. Tab back over. Disconnected. Well, that happens when you're afk long enough. Log back in. DC'd again. Log back in, in Orgrimmar, zones away from where I was. Change password immediately. Open ticket. Add authenticator.

They vendored all the stuff in my bags, and had put some stuff from my bank into my inventory. None of the gold I had on the character was gone though. Hopefully they respond to the ticket soon, all of my DPS gear is gone :(

Ran windows defender, didn't find anything. Installed and running NOD32 now.

Mai-Kero on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've been trying to find this out but with no luck. I know Worgens and troll are finally getting their swift flight form models put in, but are they getting a regular flight form model?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nyht wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if I've been doing Heroic Lady Naz "wrong" from the Heroic Throne of the Tides. Usually, when the gets to phase 2, we CC the two caster adds and I tank the big guy. Been doing this successfully since I first started doing the dungeon. Run it with guildies usually but on occasion when I HAVE to LFD, I get thrown in it and have done fine enough with this philosophy.

Last night was a bit different. I come into the dungeon already on the Lady Naz fight. They ask if I know the fight, I say yes, and we get ready to go. They remind me to kite the big add and pick up one of the casters too while we were still in phase 1. This was partly my fault for not asking how THEY did it but I told them I've never had to kite the big add before. They say fine, whatever (three of them were in the same guild, 2 dps and a healer). I also ask why we dont just cc the extra add too since we had the cc to do it and they ignore me. Phase 2 hits, they cc one and gripe about the other so I quickly pick it up and pop anti magic shell along with ice bound fortitude. My health started going down about as usual but I noticed unlike past times I wasn't getting healed nearly as well. Soon I end up dead on the ground, even after a vampiric blood, rune tap and some self heals from lichborne (I"m a DK, blood tank).

The three guildies, after the wipe, go on to assure me of my awfulness and to go learn how to play Cataclysm and play my class. Usually when the "l2p noob" thing comes out of someone's mouth, they automatically lose any credibility I might have given them. However I decided to look it up and sure enough, some people do seem to kite the big guy and leave a caster add running about.

My guild healer along with the past pug healers never complained about healing me in the past, be in that fight or others and usually my tank/healer relationship seemed pretty solid. Its easy for me to write it off as a bad healer/guild/group kind of thing but now I'm curious if its a common thing to kite the big guy or if most people just tank the guy and avoid tornadoes as we do and then proceed to pick up the last 2 from CC's ville. I'm not looking to make anyone's dungeon harder, I've just never had an issue with the fight before now (when it comes to the adds. Still people standing in the geysers/not bothering with interrupts).

(Probably mainly a question to other tanks as well as healers out there)
    I've never kited the big add. Pick it and the second caster up, use interrupts/stuns to keep the caster from doing anything while killing it, kill the big add, kill second caster, problem solved. Only reason I can see to even think about kiting anything is if your healer/tank has so bad gear there are mana concerns in letting him wail, but... This seems most doubtful, unless the rest of the group aim for the cyclones.

re: Flight form. Is there a visual difference between normal flight form and swift flightform at all? I'm not sure.

Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
    edited January 2011
    Yes.

The bird changes style a bit.

HallowedFaith on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For Tauren, normal flight form is just a recoloured night elf normal form.

Tauren Epic Flight Form is unique.

Blurbl on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just had a great heroic Deadmines experience.

After waiting 45 minutes in the queue, finally get a group. Healer announces he's going afk but nobody pays attention, pull and wipe. Tank ragequits about the healer going afk at the start of a run. We pick up another tank, healer whines about the last tank, we pull....and wipe. Healer AFKed again without saying anything. We votekick the healer and get a new one.

Tank takes 5 minutes to find the instance portal for some reason, even though it's directly across from the graveyard. Finally gets back in, good to go. We pull, healer is actually healing..until he decides to drop group after about 10 seconds of healing. New healer zones in almost immediately to save the day.

We then proceed to limp through the instance with a tank that's nice enough that we feel bad kicking, but who only pulls ~8k tps. FML. Gave up after about 2 hours.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Tank takes 5 minutes to find the instance portal for some reason, even though it's directly across from the graveyard.

Sometimes during a HDM wipe, you can be thrown to the graveyard outside of moonbrooke. Hasn't happened to me lately, but it might have been his case.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heroic Lady Naz: Just to chime in, yeah, my group has never kited the big add. Just CC the two casters, have the tank tank the big one. Then burn down the adds one at a time. Though sometimes we just keep one of the casters add in the second wave CCd for the rest of the fight if we are feeling lazy.

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011
    I know I am a little late to the party ... but today I finally got the last gold together to buy the parts for my chopper and built it.

Now what do I try to achieve next?

TheBigEasy on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know I am a little late to the party ... but today I finally got the last gold together to buy the parts for my chopper and built it.

You could always go for the Archaeology achievements. Very rewarding, at the minor cost of losing your sanity and will to live.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Go for the Vial of the sands.

belligerent on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So after getting scared I was getting hacked because of some weird Gundrak D/C glitch I finally put the free call-in authenticator on.

Sure is damn convenient.

Also finally got my Elder title and Elders of the Dungeons achievement, two years after I got all the other ones.

Oghulk on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, where the fucking fuck is the Lunar Elder in Orgrimmar? I'm tired of getting slaughtered by the flying guards. <_<

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also fuck Blizzard for putting the Razorhill elder right on top of the flightmaster there.

Henroid on
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

One hundred mounts ?

If you're rich (or very, very patient), one hundred plus pets.

Archaeology if you're not valuing your sanity

quaigy on
    edited January 2011
    quaigy wrote: »

One hundred mounts ?

If you're rich (or very, very patient), one hundred plus pets.

Archaeology if you're not valuing your sanity

I have just about 100 Gold to my account all told :D. Just burned 3.000 Gold on the last part for the chopper :D.

I have to get to 85 first ... probably do all the BC heroics, all the old world dungeons, maybe run a Cata heroic or 2, I wanna get a Kickback 5000 and I suppose you can get Chaos orbs only in heroics.

And then there are my alts ...

TheBigEasy on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I find Archaeology only a mild nuisance rather than a sanity-draining hellchore if I have podcasts to listen to while to do it.

Sadly, I've almost exhausted Marc Maron's podcast backlog.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.