As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 Dim Sum outing

• bjeffreyvidtbjeffreyvidt Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I'm in! This is my first year at PAX, too, so I look forward to meeting all of you!

-Jeff

bjeffreyvidt on
  • mad_typistmad_typist Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nullthread wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting for details. Delicious food needs to be consumed--- even its fantastical component.

For the Sunday outing, I'll take a final headcount as the date gets closer. Check this thread starting 2-3 weeks before the con starts - I will ask for final RSVPs at that time, and then make reservations at China Pearl. Details on location and meeting time for those traveling together will be posted in very first post on this thread, which I will edit once reservations are made.

mad_typist on
  • MahlissMahliss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We'd definitely be up for this -- what a great idea!

Mahliss on
  • euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Depending on the time, my group of 4 are definitely interested. My wife is Chinese so I'm already hopelessly hooked on dim sum.

euicho on
    Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in. I'm sad that I'll miss all of the Thursday food gatherings, so it's good that this sounds delicious.

Durinthal on
  • MintMint Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This looks fantastic!! count me in!!

Mint on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aw, I'll be going to the girl's meetup so count me out :( Have fun though! China Pearl is great.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know you said final details to come, but is there a roundabout time when this will happen? I'm only asking because I've never had dim sum, and I heard you have to go pretty early (hence why we've never had it because we'd have to leave NH super super early to get to Boston in time).

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited January 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    I know you said final details to come, but is there a roundabout time when this will happen? I'm only asking because I've never had dim sum, and I heard you have to go pretty early (hence why we've never had it because we'd have to leave NH super super early to get to Boston in time).

I believe for the Sunday outing, we'll plan to be at the restaurant at 10:00am or so. That should be early enough to beat the rush.

mad_typist on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ditto to what juju said. I am deeply saddened by this. But as we all know, there is, and always will be, more dim sum.

Twinkie on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm definitely in for this! Can you put up address/details on the OP?

MelesMeles on
  • LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was originally planning on going to the Girls' Meetup, but after laying out the various choices for them, the majority of the group I'm going with voted for Dim Sum (it's their first time to PAX for a few of them, so I'm letting them call most of the shots). So count me and my group of 5 other girls in for Dim Sum! :D

Loweryi on
  • thorshaukthorshauk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a vegetarian option for this? I'd be interested in going if there was.

thorshauk on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    thorshauk wrote: »
    Is there a vegetarian option for this? I'd be interested in going if there was.

Dim sum often has plenty of veggie options, though I don't know about this particular place.

MelesMeles on
  • territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As a vegetarian myself, Dim Sum events are better attended from a social perspective than a gourmet one. The main attraction at Dim Sum is the consumption of a wide variety of different (and often hitherto unknown) foodstuffs. As a vegetarian, you sort of miss out on the spontaneity. :-)

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
    edited February 2011
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    I'm definitely in for this! Can you put up address/details on the OP?

Done.

Veggie options are somewhat available - I have a little booklet where you can look up the food items to confirm their ingredients. We'll try to order non-meat dishes, though honestly your selection is going to be pretty limited and most of the dishes that cross the table are going to have meat in them.

mad_typist on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mad_typist, you should probably disable smilies in your OP. Your URL seems to have a face in the middle of it. :P

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited February 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    mad_typist, you should probably disable smilies in your OP. Your URL seems to have a face in the middle of it. :P

No way! The link still works, I say keep the smiley! lol

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Count me in! I missed this last year.

If anyone wants to do dim sum/breakfast early Friday, let me know...last year I did dim sum before pax opened and still managed to get in line at a decent time. I know there's a pre-pax breakfast thursday but am unaware (correct me if i'm wrong) of any plans friday morning.

trinistand on
  • lxg5810lxg5810 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    count me in ^.^

lxg5810 on
    edited February 2011
    So it looks like I'll have at least 5 other people in my group. :) We're going to be taking over the entire restaurant at this rate! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • GewurztraminGewurztramin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Plan on being there with a +1

Gewurztramin on
  • bjeffreyvidtbjeffreyvidt Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm in, too! Its been years since I've had dim sum but I loved the experience. I look forward to the excursion!

bjeffreyvidt on
    edited February 2011
    Hi everyone. I've updated the first post of this thread with the confirmed RSVP list so far. Please review and make sure you are on there if you plan to attend the Sunday morning outing.

Please RSVP by responding here and letting me know you want to be added to the list.

mad_typist on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like in - this sounds like a great time. It's just me - so no +'s.

Thanks!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm in. Add me to the list, please. :)

Trion on
    edited February 2011
    Any idea how many people one table can hold? The only reason I'm asking is there are at least three of us in my group of six that have food allergies, and I'd rather we have our own table so we can pick the food ourselves. I know this kinda takes away from the fun of it, but I'd rather not have us getting sick, or paying for food we can't eat.

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited February 2011
    Any idea how many people one table can hold? The only reason I'm asking is there are at least three of us in my group of six that have food allergies, and I'd rather we have our own table so we can pick the food ourselves. I know this kinda takes away from the fun of it, but I'd rather not have us getting sick, or paying for food we can't eat.

If you have a group of six, you can probably get your own table. I definitely understand the food allergy thing - sitting together and having more control over the food that gets ordered would be the best thing, probably. Would you prefer to just arrange your own reservation? We could still meet up together and exchange hellos.

mad_typist on
    edited February 2011
    mad_typist wrote: »

If you have a group of six, you can probably get your own table. I definitely understand the food allergy thing - sitting together and having more control over the food that gets ordered would be the best thing, probably. Would you prefer to just arrange your own reservation? We could still meet up together and exchange hellos.

No, I'm totally fine with going in a group with all of you!! :) Just wanted to know the seating, if you knew!

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • MasterPhuMasterPhu Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to join in if there's still room.

MasterPhu on
  • tripleholictripleholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    RSVP: tripleholic and probably +3 (maybe less)

tripleholic on
  • gamervoidgamervoid Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I would like to be added to the list of people attending (not on the list atm)

I will be bringing someone, so make is me +1 (2 people total)

First Pax East (been to prime) looking forward to meeting everyone.

gamervoid on
    edited March 2011
    List has been updated in the original post - right now we're at 33 (!!!!) people. Should be enough to get several tables for ourselves. Each table will handle their own bill. People with special dietary restrictions should be sure to gaggle together to ensure they are seated together.

mad_typist on
  • chenry888chenry888 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, could you add me that that list too?
    What time will this happen? Do we meet there and just say "party for Pax East?"

chenry888 on
  • FatalisFatalis Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I would like to join you guys if you still have room.

Fatalis on
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll be there (+0) and would like to be on the list as well.

Durinthal on
  • cakefalsehoodcakefalsehood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like to be RSVP confirmed.

cakefalsehood on
  • MintMint Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Please count me in for this!!!
    cheers!

Mint on
  • cakefalsehoodcakefalsehood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like to add, the China Pearl is only .3 miles from my hotel (The W), so I can just meet everyone there.

cakefalsehood on
  • blackthorne2231blackthorne2231 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Count me in +1 I'll meet you all at the westin

blackthorne2231 on