As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with...well, this forum

DynamiteKidDynamiteKid Registered User regular
This forum keeps loading, and then after a few seconds going to 'this page cannot be displayed' for me. Sometimes it just keeps happening when I refresh or click on anything, sometimes it does it once and then stops once I refresh, like today.

Why the fuck is this happening? NO other pages are doing it.

NWA01-1.jpg
www.rockmidgets.com
DynamiteKid on

• Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Works fine for me. As usual im gonna suggest check your router and host file. Clear out you temp internet folder, cookies, cache.

Grimm on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Check and make sure you don't have any internet hungry programs open at the same time. For me when I'm playing an online game or something, every once in a while the page wont load.

I'm not sure why, but closing the game does solve the problem.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    (Sorry for this being in the wrong forum by the way, I thought it'd fit in the help/advice one because that's what I needed.)

Maybe it's Steam, the program that runs half life games on the net, then?

That could be it, now I think about it. Thanks.

DynamiteKid on
    NWA01-1.jpg
    www.rockmidgets.com
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    You need to find this switch:

fixedbroken4ly.jpg

But seriously, it sounds like something might be eating your upstream bandwith, but I don't think steam does that.. so try running spybot s&d and the regular virus scans if you didn't do that already.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    But why would that ONLY effect the PA boards and not the other boards?

Hell as I'm writing this the 'Topic review' bit has gone on 'cannot be displayed'.

DynamiteKid on
    NWA01-1.jpg
    www.rockmidgets.com
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I think there's some maintenance being done.

The search function hasn't worked in over 24 hours for me.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I get a very similar thing. It seems to get worse in the evenings (could be my imagination though), and on big threads.
    It only happens in the PA forum, and its been going on for weeks (I've been putting up with it in the vain hope it will go away).
    To be specific, I get this message in firefox:
    problem.jpg
    If I stop the loading before it chokes I can read things, and repeatedly reloading eventually means I get the whole page without it happening, but its a major pain in the arse.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I get a very similar thing. It seems to get worse in the evenings (could be my imagination though), and on big threads.
    It only happens in the PA forum, and its been going on for weeks (I've been putting up with it in the vain hope it will go away).
    To be specific, I get this message in firefox:
    problem.jpg
    If I stop the loading before it chokes I can read things, and repeatedly reloading eventually means I get the whole page without it happening, but its a major pain in the arse.

I've never even seen that error before. Have you tried reinstalling firefox?

Grimm on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Reinstalling over the top of the old version gives no change, and uninstall/reinstalling followed by a big long plugin installing session seems a bit severe to maybe fix one dodgy forum.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    This isn't a forum problem, it's a problem on your end.

denihilist on