As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DD-WRT Router/Networking Issue

ScudoScudo Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, I have been looking around the internet for a solution to this problem and I figured there are probably people here who use the DD-WRT firmware for their router and might be able to help me. It seems simple enough, but I can't figure it out:

I installed the latest DD-WRT firmware on my Linksys WRT-54G, and all is going smoothly except that it treats my LAN and wifi networks as two different networks. I have created a wifi network and my laptop, my roommate's laptop, my phone, xbox 360, etc. can all connect just fine. My main PC, my desktop, is connect to the router via ethernet cable and shows up as being connected to a network called "dd-wrt" and is not able to see any devices connected to the wifi. I can't find a setting in the firmware setup that deals with this--do I have to bridge these networks somehow? I want to be able to stream from my desktop to my Xbox and laptop, so they need to be on the same network.

Scudo on

• Options
    OverOver ...laser cats? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I use dd-wrt, with my xbox hooked in with a cable, everything else wireless, and have not come across the issue.

Have you tried asking in the forums? Or hunting around the wiki?

Over on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have had very odd issues crop up in firmware upgrades when I do not reset the config. Just take screen caps of your config pages, and then do a reset and start from scratch.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png