As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone Else Notice the Sponsor list?

ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey guys, so I noticed that the band list as well as the Sponsor list are up on the official site. I never really paid attention to the sponsor list last year, but did anyone else notice that the list is kinda small this year? Or at the very least in comparison to the sponsor list of PAX Prime?

Prime's sponsor list (it's still up if you want to check) is three times as long as East's. Now IDK if it's a final list or just a preliminary one but it's certainly a concern seeing as several big names (Behemoth, Nintendo, even microsoft) are absent from the list this year, that were very clearly there last year (well nintendo not so much), or at least are absent at the moment.

I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
ach.png
ChronoHawk on

• Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't swear to it, but I do think it's a preliminary list. I seem to remember the sponsor list growing as PAX got closer last year. Anybody else?

Trion on
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Trion wrote: »
    I wouldn't swear to it, but I do think it's a preliminary list. I seem to remember the sponsor list growing as PAX got closer last year. Anybody else?
    Yeah, the list grew a ton before last years. I'm pretty sure there were sponsors there I didn't see on the list as well.

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Trion wrote: »
    Yeah, the list grew a ton before last years. I'm pretty sure there were sponsors there I didn't see on the list as well.

I was hoping someone would say that. I didn't really see it until it was complete last year, so I was hoping this was just a start = D

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Options
    Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Microsoft should definitely be there, Major Nelson LOVES Boston. He would definitely not miss out on PAX East.

Seanyd781 on
  • Options
    TheFuzzyPenguinTheFuzzyPenguin Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if this helps, but right clicking the sponsor list and left clicking "Play" brings up a second list of sponsors (including Microsoft). Not sure why it doesn't automatically rotate, but I thought I'd post here in case you hadn't noticed it. Been lurking for a while and excited to attend my first PAX in March :)

TheFuzzyPenguin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if this helps, but right clicking the sponsor list and left clicking "Play" brings up a second list of sponsors (including Microsoft). Not sure why it doesn't automatically rotate, but I thought I'd post here in case you hadn't noticed it. Been lurking for a while and excited to attend my first PAX in March :)

Aha! There we go! That was odd, but it certainly is a relief! I'm sad nintendo isn't on there (3ds, skyward sword, or anything like that). Oh well maybe more will be added = D

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    IIRC, Nintendo doesn't usually show up on there until a week or two before PAX.

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I think way too much stock is being taken in who is listed on the sponsor list. Almost all the right bigs were there last year, and it was a major success. I sincerely doubt that any would miss it this year considering the size will be epic with the additional space in the new venue.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No need to worry about the sponsor list, we will update it twice more prior to the show.

This year is going to be huge.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »

Aha! There we go! That was odd, but it certainly is a relief! I'm sad nintendo isn't on there (3ds, skyward sword, or anything like that). Oh well maybe more will be added = D

Pokemon is on there...aren't they owned by Nintendo?

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Doing so reveals that "InstantAction" is a sponsor. While they were present last year, InstantAction is no longer an existing company, so I'm guessing that what you're looking at is an artifact of old sponsors.

I wouldn't take too much stock in it anyhow.

Angrypasta on