As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dream Blade

Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
In my time spent at my local comic shop buying, what else, comic books. I've noticed the game Dreamblade, and a few people have told me the mechanics. I've even played that mini flash tutorial on Wizards of the Coast's website. I'm just wondering if the game is worth me spending my good hard earned cash on it. The owner of the store (Nate) also said that if me and my friend who is also interested were each to buy the starter he'd give two free boosters to both of us. Which at first sounds like an awesome deal, but makes me wonder why he's so intent on unloading his stock of Dreamblade stuff on us.

Thanks for any help,
THE Tucan Warrior

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tucanwarrior13 on

• Options
    HuzankoHuzanko Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    I have a friend who loves Dreamblade.

It is a good game. However, it is nothing when compared to miniature war games like Warmachine/Hordes or Warhammer Fantasy or 40,000.

The PROs of Dreamblade are simplified, and ultimately shorter, game play and no assembly or painting required. Oddly enough, those PROs double as CONs - at least for me.

If you're looking for a game that boils down to "Magic: The Gathering with minis," or if you prefer, "The love child of the Dungeons & Dragons miniature game and Magic: The Gathering," then Dreamblade will be your thing.

Huzanko on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I really enjoy the game. Reminds me of chess but where there are a lot more pieces and you get to choose which to use. The store owner may be willing to cut you a deal simply to try and drum up more interest, as I know in my area only about 4 people played it and then it died off. But I know of other places where it has thrived. I would say check out and see if they have a regular group that shows up and plays or if you are in an area that actually gets larger events for releases or regionals, it would be worth picking up.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lando_GriffinLando_Griffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If the store owner is looking to dump his stock on you then it does not really indicate that there is much of a following to give this game lasting value for you. But, check around, you may be surprised.

Lando_Griffin on
    xfire sig: rustyaqualung
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I hear sales are pretty shitty and it has a very shaky future.

Echo on
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    From what I've seen and read the game shouldn't really be considered a miniature game in the traditional sense. BGG has some good reviews up.

I totally agree with one reviewer who says the random booster was the wrong way to go for this game. I bet it would be a lot more popular if it didn't have that aspect. I'd probably be more into it.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    its pretty non-existent around here. I tried it and found it to be pretty bleh.

GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]