As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer Stuff

mrfr0gmrfr0g Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in PAX Archive
I was planning on bringing my own computer this year, just had a question...

Do I have to bring my monitor as well, or do they have monitors available? I ask because it's a 22" Wide screen. I don't want it stolen :(

mrfr0g on

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yes you need to bring a monitor. The only things you don't need to bring are space for your computer, a network to connect to, and power to get everything to actually do stuff. Don't worry about security, your big-ticket items are tagged and registerd to your BYOC ID and the room is locked up when PAX isn't going.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mrfr0g wrote: »
    I was planning on bringing my own computer this year, just had a question...

Do I have to bring my monitor as well, or do they have monitors available? I ask because it's a 22" Wide screen. I don't want it stolen :(

I kind of wish I could rent a montior/lcd for this event but I don't think lan parties usually do that. I don't recommend bringing such a huge monitor for this 3 day event unless thats your only option. I have to find out how the train will work with bringing a computer to pax.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You have to bring all your computer equipment. We will have a list available when BYOC registration goes live.

You also dont have to worry about anything stolen, espically when I will have a 30" lcd at the security desk :P (the max attendees can bring is 24" lcd though).
    However valuable/expensive you think your stuff is at a lan even this large... there will be someone there that will blow you out of the water :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.