As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] HEALAS EVERYTHING!!

• Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this week: a bunch of very good champs

Feels Good Man on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    rb3St.jpg

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Free veigar week is always classic.

Anyway, whats the standard rammus build?

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Build Into Randuins eventually

Get a defense item based on enemy team comp (FoN/Sunfire/Thornmail)

Profit?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this week: a bunch of very good champs

And Soraka.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

I feel this is the week I shall learn to jungle.

Anyone know of a good guide or care to hammer one out?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Rammus is pretty easy

You start at blue, take your defensive curl at lvl 1. Take down blue through judicial use of defensive curl.

Take Powerball at lvl 2, spin over to Wolves and run into them to start. Take down wolves through judicial use of Defensive curl.

Walk over to middle lane, then powerball the rest of the way into Wraiths. Take down wraiths through judicial use of Defensive Curl. Take Defensive curl again at lvl 3.

Powerball over to Mini golems. Take down Mini golems through judicial use of Defensive Curl.

Powerball in to Red Lizard. Take down Red Lizard through Judicial use of Defensive Curl. Take Taunt at lvl 4.

Powerball into side lane of choice hitting intended Gank target. Use Taunt. Take down gank target through judicial use of Defensive Curl.

Profit.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Stonewall is kind of the acknowledged jungle guru, although some of these video guides are a little out of date due to recent patches:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=325897

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Riot has some pretty nice customer service; I got this email this morning:
    Greetings Summoner,

It has come to our attention that your account was recently involved in a game of League of Legends that may not have awarded you any Influence Points or Experience Points due to a problem with our servers.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. While we can’t go back and alter all of your statistics to reflect the missing game, we did add 1000 IP to your account to help compensate for the missing game, as well as any lost game time afterwards from the problems you may have had trying to reconnect to the faulty server.

Please note, the Influence Points have been added to your account, but you may need to complete another purchase in PVP.net to see the values update.

Again, sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. I hope this error won’t discourage you from continuing to enjoy League of Legends.

I lost about 30 minutes of possible game time and I didn't even report the bug!

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Rammus is pretty easy

You start at blue, take your defensive curl at lvl 1. Take down blue through judicial use of defensive curl.

Take Powerball at lvl 2, spin over to Wolves and run into them to start. Take down wolves through judicial use of Defensive curl.

Walk over to middle lane, then powerball the rest of the way into Wraiths. Take down wraiths through judicial use of Defensive Curl. Take Defensive curl again at lvl 3.

Powerball over to Mini golems. Take down Mini golems through judicial use of Defensive Curl.

Powerball in to Red Lizard. Take down Red Lizard through Judicial use of Defensive Curl. Take Taunt at lvl 4.

Powerball into side lane of choice hitting intended Gank target. Use Taunt. Take down gank target through judicial use of Defensive Curl.

Profit.

thank you for this

Arch on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    saldonas maybe you can demonstrate why renekton is lady gaga

Come on, I just like the idea of Lady Gaga as an anthropomorphic crocodile man-thing.

Secretly I love her music.

But Lux with the glasses is the best

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Rammus is pretty easy

Profit.

thank you for this

Rammus is a lot of fun to play but I don't play him very often because one of my friends likes to play him and has much more experience with him. His jungling is super easy because the creeps literally just kill themselves on you. His dragon is very hard to do now because of the changes to Dragon in general. I wouldn't trust a Rammus to solo dragon in the early game at all anymore but he can tank Dragon really well if a dpser comes and helps.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel like I want to unlock sailor Gangplank because he's got a damn Glock, but I don't want to use my precious RP til I see it in-game.

What to do?!

Constrictor on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel like I want to unlock sailor Gangplank because he's got a damn Glock, but I don't want to use my precious RP til I see it in-game.

What to do?!

Try to find it on youtube or google?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j0U_GRDyKo

EspantaPajaro on
  • JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    rammus and pantheon free this week. ho boy

I should give MF a try

Cannot be worse then free Vlad week , holy lord in heaven nothing can be that bad. Also thanks for the advice guys.
    Horrible week; Vlad: rushes Warmog, Shen: rushes warmog , DrMundo: rushes warmogs. Seriously its like people have no idea what armor and magic resist is for or why they deal zero damage or die despite only having the almighty warmogs.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ah bullocks, I just played against one. I'll keep an eye out!

I just had a lovely Blitzcrank vs Blitzcrank matchup. We both had the boxer skin. I, however, was built far superior and demolished him so much he never recovered. Having told him to disassemble himself, he said he liked me. That was nice :) Ended up something like 15/4/13.

edit: That blitzcrank got a warmogs after sheen.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Rammus is pretty easy

Profit.

thank you for this

Rammus is a lot of fun to play but I don't play him very often because one of my friends likes to play him and has much more experience with him. His jungling is super easy because the creeps literally just kill themselves on you. His dragon is very hard to do now because of the changes to Dragon in general. I wouldn't trust a Rammus to solo dragon in the early game at all anymore but he can tank Dragon really well if a dpser comes and helps.

When I decided to teach myself how to jungle, I spent some time making custom games with bots for test runs. Unfortunately you won't learn a whole lot about ganking and map control (because the current bots make strange decisions), but you will learn a ton about good routes and builds. You also won't have to suffer the stream of insults from chat when you die to a jungle monster.

Dark_Side on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ashe arrows are fun.

Frosteey on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so if i am level 16ish and dont have runes

can i still jungle with rammus

rent says yes but i am nervous now

Arch on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jelloblimp wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    rammus and pantheon free this week. ho boy

I should give MF a try

Cannot be worse then free Vlad week , holy lord in heaven nothing can be that bad. Also thanks for the advice guys.
    Horrible week; Vlad: rushes Warmog, Shen: rushes warmog , DrMundo: rushes warmogs. Seriously its like people have no idea what armor and magic resist is for or why they deal zero damage or die despite only having the almighty warmogs.

I usually put warmogs on most of my tank builds, providing it's been a solid early game, as I feel it really does give you a nice survivability bump mid game. For Vlad, with his passive, I guess it makes sense, though I don't usually see Vlad players buy it, and I haven't played him enough to know if it's a good idea or not. The key is just buying a warmogs isn't enough, as you need to then supplement it with MR and/or armor resistance for the late game bursts.

Dark_Side on
    edited January 2011

you can, but it is much rougher.

I run the following setup when jungling with Rammus.

AD reds, Armor Yellows, MP5/level Blues, 2 Health Quints, 1 Movespeed Quint

0/21/9 on my masteries. It is important when you are jungling to get the experience masteries in Utility at the very least. It allows you to level immediately upon finishing blue golem and get your lvl 2 skill right away. and most jungling guides are based on it. Outside of that you want as much HP and Armor as you can get via Masteries. (especially for Rammus)

The runes are important for rammus because the AD lets him hit harder in the jungle, the armor defends him and also adds to his AD. and the MP5/level keeps his mana up when he doesn't have blue (not very well but better than nothing.) Alternatively you can go with MR blues but I don't personally like doing that.

The plus side to being underlevelled is that your opponents are as well so they won't have the runes/masteries to dominate you for not having the runes/masteries.

Rammus can certainly still do the jungle pre-30 but it is a bit dicey sometimes.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

Jungle

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Build Heart of Gold

Profit?

Rammus is pretty easy

Profit.

thank you for this

When I decided to teach myself how to jungle, I spent some time making custom games with bots for test runs. Unfortunately you won't learn a whole lot about ganking and map control (because the current bots make strange decisions), but you will learn a ton about good routes and builds. You also won't have to suffer the stream of insults from chat when you die to a jungle monster.

Indeed. Custom games are a great way to learn about a certain champ's viability/options as a jungler in the first 6-7 minutes of a game, but not much else. I spent an entire week trying to get used to jungling with Olaf and just never really felt comfortable with him.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Buy runes you silly goose.

It'll cost you about 450 IP to fill your entire rune page.

Red = ArPen = 150
    Yellow = Armor = 75
    Blue = MR = 75
    HP Quint = 165
    (This isn't ideal for jungle Rammus, but is a good generic rune page)

And in return you get
    ~ 5 ArPen
    ~ 4 Armor
    ~ 4 MR
    18 HP
    every game forever at level 1.

programjunkie on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yay! Losing streak broken by destroying a team that was completely outclassed. Yay!

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited January 2011
    Yay! Losing streak broken by destroying a team that was completely outclassed. Yay!

The main thing this game has taught me:

A win is a win and whatever you need to do to get it is fair game, even if it means pushing when their team disconnects.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    saldonas maybe you can demonstrate why renekton is lady gaga

Come on, I just like the idea of Lady Gaga as an anthropomorphic crocodile man-thing.

Secretly I love her music.

But Lux with the glasses is the best

Well I don't feel very good about how this one came out but I just couldn't think of what else it needed.
    Lady_Renekton.jpg

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Could use some Nidalee advice above and beyond "stack ten thousand AP and make sure to land every spear shot and never die"

Sokpuppet on
    edited January 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Could use some Nidalee advice above and beyond "stack ten thousand AP and make sure to land every spear shot and never die"

Go Tank nidalee, get warmogs + Atmas, Never get caught because cat form jump is ridiculous. Trololoololol everyone you meet.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »

I just had a lovely Blitzcrank vs Blitzcrank matchup. We both had the boxer skin. I, however, was built far superior and demolished him so much he never recovered. Having told him to disassemble himself, he said he liked me. That was nice :) Ended up something like 15/4/13.

How do you build your Blitz? He's like my new favorite and I think I've done well in the 2 games I've played him, but advice is welcome.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The main thing this game has taught me:

A win is a win and whatever you need to do to get it is fair game, even if it means pushing when their team disconnects.

Oh I know. It felt great to finally win. But man, Urgot is the biggest dick to players who haven't played against him. I was almost feeling guilty everytime someone would die. I'd hit someone with the Acid then a couple of knives and then 3 seconds after they've disappeared in the fog of war... AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN!" and then there was their Akali... poor poor Akali. The Acid and knives don't care about your stealth bubble.

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited January 2011

How do you build your Blitz? He's like my new favorite and I think I've done well in the 2 games I've played him, but advice is welcome.

Get all kinds of armors

jump in shit.

troll face.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Um Nidalee is about the Kiting, you kite people low with your spear and your auto attacks, and then you go in for the kill in Cougar form.

You're not a front line fighter. You smack from the outside, get some skill shots in, and then you clean up. You're very good at Kiting, and that's how you should plan on winning games

Pacificstar on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "sivir is 450 ip and in no way op"

some people

Jars on
    edited January 2011
    What summoner spells should I run with as jungle rammus?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sivir is no op

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sivir isn't OP

Just a pain in the ass no one likes to deal with

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I prefer rushing a Manamune so I can get a load of mana as soon as possible. Then I grab Banshees/Glacial Shroud/CDR boots in whatever order their team is most dangerous in. You might just want to grab the negatron cloak and chain mail sooner if their team is particularly killy. I also max out my E first to build the tear faster.

Just played jungle Udyr again after the jungle changes and he is still pretty fantastic. I got ganked by 3 teleports + ward at the beginning. That was the only time I died that game, and I pretty much went on to roll everyone.

Super edit: I also often get a Quicksilver Sash against Vladimir teams. That item is pretty damn sweet for its price.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    commando sion please

enough of the fucking pussy demacians

TyrantCow on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sivir isn't OP. I've been thinking about writing a little post on how to lane against Sivir, in particular how to bait spell shields.

Pacificstar on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    she may not be op but she's pretty much the #1 ad carry right now, and said person was whining about pantheon and rammus being op

Jars on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What summoner spells should I run with as jungle rammus?

Smite Revive is for the pros. Make sure you get Shurelia's Reverie, too. Honestly, just take ghost instead of smite and forget jungling.

Frosteey on