As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Es[chat]ology

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgfCCfzuqA&feature=player_embedded#!

is this inappropriate to send to a female friend who has a boyfriend?

if so whoops...

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Fartacus wrote: »

I have long held that Ohio is one of the worst places on Earth. People talk all kinds of smack about the south, because they want everyone to overlook how venomously racist people really are up north.

yeah the midwest is really the absolute worst

but the south does suck pretty bad too

I mean at the end of the day you do all vote wrong quite consistently

Fartacus on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    whys everyone hate the packers

I do not hate the Packers!

Not a big Steelers fan though on account of the raping.

I like how its "He wasn't convicted!"

Yeah but even if you believe his version of events it was hella sketchy and there was no way in hell that lady was getting a fair shake by the police, especially ones joking with rapeslburgher's entourage.

Did you read the article on smoking gun about it? It is pretty awful. Definitely a date rape situation, where he was too drunk to comprehend the fact that she was telling him "no" and not just continuing on their earlier conversation about how "hah hah I never do things like this."

But guess what, we decided as a society that drunkenness doesn't excuse anything, so there it is.

But I guess we also decided as a society that celebrities are held a completely different set of rules, so there is that too.

wow, none of this stuff came up in the cbs article i read

gg mainstream media

Well the media loves polarization. The two sides to the story are pretty much "he did nothing wrong" and "he violently raped her in the stall".

The sad truth is that it was drunk-ass date rape which probably wouldn't have happened if he had not had bodyguards with him (because the lady's girlfriends would have gone into the bathroom and interrupted it).

But date rape is dramatically under-prosecuted in this country as it is, when you have a celebrity as the assailant, there's just no way you'll see justice done.

Regina Fong on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I have long held that Ohio is one of the worst places on Earth. People talk all kinds of smack about the south, because they want everyone to overlook how venomously racist people really are up north.

This is true.

Then again, for a black town to receive the monetary benefits it needs during a recession apparently they have to ensure their town is next to some PRECIOUS FUCKING BIRDS FOR MISSISSIPPI TO GIVE A FUCK.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-24-2011/bird-like-me

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did you read the article on smoking gun about it? It is pretty awful. Definitely a date rape situation, where he was too drunk to comprehend the fact that she was telling him "no" and not just continuing on their earlier conversation about how "hah hah I never do things like this."

But guess what, we decided as a society that drunkenness doesn't excuse anything, so there it is.

But I guess we also decided as a society that white celebrities are held a completely different set of rules, so there is that too.

People are still outraged at Michael Vick, even though he actually had to serve time, and never got any kind of sentencing reduction, despite cooperating and exhibiting remorse and doing restitution with the humane society.

I mean there's also sexism at work here because a dog can't be a slut that was asking for it, while a woman can but just

man so much fucked-up is contained in this right here

we're more outraged by a black man killing some dogs (eating our industrially-raised-and-slaughtered burgers all the while) than by a white guy sexually assaulting human women

Arch on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

But I guess we also decided as a society that white celebrities are held a completely different set of rules, so there is that too.

People are still outraged at Michael Vick, even though he actually had to serve time, and never got any kind of sentencing reduction, despite cooperating and exhibiting remorse and doing restitution with the humane society.

I mean there's also sexism at work here because a dog can't be a slut that was asking for it, while a woman can but just

we're more outraged by a black man killing some dogs (eating our industrially-raised-and-slaughtered burgers all the while) than by a white guy sexually assaulting human women

I think that's less a racial things than an inconsistency in how the public reacts to the crime. For whatever reason we view dog fighting as worse than allegations of rape.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I like Aaron Rodgers and am opposed to rape, thus go packers.

Aaron rodgers looks like Jake Gylnyhall

nexuscrawler on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    This is a test to see if we are wise enough to start up a new chat on our own.

We should do it man.

Except you know, then fifty people would start fifty different chats and it would be a big ol' mess.

That's Irond Wills way of starting new chat's anyway. Just have him lock all the good ones when he comes around after 500 hours.

Hear that Irond? YOU!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited January 2011

To be honest thats what I got out of it to.

The judge went way over the top in sentencing to be sure, but I don't see any evidence its racially motivated.

Here's a tip:

every conviction of a black or Mexican person in the American criminal justice system is racially motivated

Fartacus on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »

I'd imagine the same thing would happen to anyone who falsified records to send their kid to a different school. Saying it's racially motivated seems... a bit off. The only one making that claim is the author.

Lots of white parents wanting to send their kids to Inglewood High yep.
    It shouldn't be a jailable offense to want to send your kids to a better school, and it's ONLY jailable because ONLY minorities would want to do it because America still funds 'white' schools better than non-white schools.

Or, you know, falsifying records to get their kid into the rich school 10 miles up the road would probably still land a white person in the same position. Probably with the same judgment.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited January 2011

Farts you turn everything into a race issue.

People hate Michael Vick because he strangled a God damn puppy to death, not because he's black.

Regina Fong on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The judge went way over the top in sentencing to be sure, but I don't see any evidence its racially motivated.

Here's a tip:

every conviction of a black or Mexican person in the American criminal justice system is racially motivated

Not sure if serious.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011

Ita a jailable offense because its illegal to falsify government forms.

but it's an unjust system

and she was trying to make a better life for her children

I mean jesus

it's not like she was embezzling state funds

This whole thing just screams "learn your fucking place, n*****!"

Fartacus on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

i mean shit like this just makes you really feel just how impotent you are

fuck that jury though

when will white america finally stop being obsessed with punishing black people

my family did this exact same thing

you know the only reason she got found out is because some white parents wanted to know why the fuck there were two black girls in their white-ass school

fucking disgusting

Dammit, I don't want to have another class v race discussion in [chat].

moniker on
    edited January 2011

Here's a tip:

That's probably slightly overreaction isn't it?

Honk on
    edited January 2011
    evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'd imagine the same thing would happen to anyone who falsified records to send their kid to a different school. Saying it's racially motivated seems... a bit off. The only one making that claim is the author.

oh my god are you fucking kidding or just massively ignorant

No I just don't immediately jump on the retard train the minute something like this hits the news.

It's pretty clear they did something illegal, though I do agree that the difference should have been factored into the other school's tuition and taxes for their location.

But to say it's racially motivated is a stretch, just because the defendant is black. Largely the judgment is wrong, but they're still fucking guilty.

no one is saying they didn't break the law, but bowen, when it is certifiable that black people get the short end of the stick in our justice system, and here is a poor black lady being made an overt example of, for a crime that anyone with an iota of compassion would have sentenced leniently on, as yes, she did break the law.

instead the judge has killed her future career aspirations and made a mother who obviously cares about her children's education far less able to provide one.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Y'know what place is pretty great? Canada. Y'all are welcome up here any time, just leave your crazy shit behind.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    lol one of my cousins took a swing at me

Er, why?

FRANK MIR IS TOUGH BUT FAIR

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan on
    edited January 2011

People hate Michael Vick because he strangled a God damn puppy to death, not because he's black.

ok but that's still pretty fucked up

I mean we have a gigantic government subsidized multi-billion dollar industry that does worse to animals every single day, and we all eat the product of that with no qualms

but a dude drowning a dog gets come down on way harsher than sexual assault

I mean even if you take the race out of it it's still fucked

Fartacus on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    evilbob wrote: »

I would say so. It's going to be the song that Brittany and I have our first dance to at our wedding.

Good job! :^:

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    Y'know what place is pretty great? Canada. Y'all are welcome up here any time, just leave your crazy shit behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMP36Jb0EM

Honk on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Here's a tip:

Yeah thats yeah. Like in the sylvia plath sense we are all dying way.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

There was an old saying: In the North it doesn't matter how high you climb, just don't get too close. In the South it doesn't matter how close you get, just don't climb too high.

moniker on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Give me a job and I will.

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011

I mean we have a gigantic government subsidized multi-billion dollar industry that does worse to animals every single day, and we all eat the product of that with no qualms

Congratulations, you have discovered that all human beings are irrational actors.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011
    You know what does more damage to the cause of fixing racial inequality in the justice system Fart?

Claiming everything bad that happens to a minority is racially motivated.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Lots of white parents wanting to send their kids to Inglewood High yep.
    It shouldn't be a jailable offense to want to send your kids to a better school, and it's ONLY jailable because ONLY minorities would want to do it because America still funds 'white' schools better than non-white schools.

Or, you know, falsifying records to get their kid into the rich school 10 miles up the road would probably still land a white person in the same position. Probably with the same judgment.

AHAHAHAHA, NO

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Man screw Canada, my family was unjustly enslaved by your government in the 30s... THE 1930's YOU FUCKERS!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011

Here's a tip:

Nope

I mean unconscious bias alone

If you are white, and you live in America, your amygdala will activate at just the sight of a black man's photo

If you're an American white person and you think you're not at least a little racist, you're fooling yourself

Fartacus on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fringe is real cool nowadays.

Daxon on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

oh my god are you fucking kidding or just massively ignorant

No I just don't immediately jump on the retard train the minute something like this hits the news.

It's pretty clear they did something illegal, though I do agree that the difference should have been factored into the other school's tuition and taxes for their location.

But to say it's racially motivated is a stretch, just because the defendant is black. Largely the judgment is wrong, but they're still fucking guilty.

no one is saying they didn't break the law, but bowen, when it is certifiable that black people get the short end of the stick in our justice system, and here is a poor black lady being made an overt example of, for a crime that anyone with an iota of compassion would have sentenced leniently on, as yes, she did break the law.

instead the judge has killed her future career aspirations and made a mother who obviously cares about her children's education far less able to provide one.

Oh no, you're absolutely right. The judgment was probably racially motivated.

The crime and trial? Not so much.

Fuck if I were a judge I would've let her get off with a few hundred hours of community service because A) she didn't really do anything that deserves that kind of financial shit and B) the community benefits.

Though, the judge is right, that sends the message it's okay to falsify records. I still don't agree that it was the right judgment. But I also don't agree that anything other than maybe the judgment was racially motivated. For all I know that judge is a dick and does this to every case and goes for the maximum. Or that they're a closet racist. Who knows?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Copley was my high schools rival.

So ... that's a really, really close to home situation.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2011

Congratulations, you have discovered that all human beings are irrational actors.

well no shit I'm not saying it's revolutionary here

just

fuck

sometimes you gotta vent about these things

Fartacus on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    165393_10150123605921967_586946966_7681841_4424659_n.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited January 2011
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah usually i am all like, man you're overreacting / you're oversensitive to these racial issues, like my friend who is all one of those ethnic studies people who is all into that shit, and i'm like dude you're a bit overdoing it

but i kinda agree w/ kag and farts on this'

edit: okay maybe farts is a bit extreme but still

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoo, I have an interview with Wizards of the Coast on Friday. :P

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2011

Here's a tip:

Nope

I mean unconscious bias alone

If you are white, and you live in America, your amygdala will activate at just the sight of a black man's photo

If you're an American white person and you think you're not at least a little racist, you're fooling yourself

THIS JUST IN: MINORITIES HAVE NEVER COMMITTED A CRIME EVER.

MORE REVELATIONS AT 10

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.