As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax East: The Old Republic.

TraggushTraggush Registered User new member
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
So, Now thats its been stated by Bioware, SW: ToR will be at Pax East, who is all excited and going to be heading to there booth. I know myself and a few from Jen'jidai will be there. So looking forward to seeing all you SWTOR junkies there.

So for those coming why not throw you name, and guild out there for all to see.

Name: Traggush Tyris
Guild: Jen'Jidai/ Legend Gaming

Traggush on

• DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If Bioware is there then I will definitely be swinging by their booth. Them showing off ToR makes it even more of a certainty!

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope they have a lot of tissues around if they're showing off The Old Republic.

Rdr on
  • KliptoKlipto Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The community manager of SWTOR, Stephen Reid just confirmed a couple of days ago that TOR will indeed be playable, as well as possible free swag. They will also be showing off some gameplay videos. I'm hoping for some higher level instances or raid content.

Klipto on
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like this will be a popular booth.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
    edited January 2011

To say the least. I wasn't at PAX prime but I've been told by several people that they were standing in line for a couple of hours to play the game at certain times of the day.

Klipto on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Klipto wrote: »

To say the least. I wasn't at PAX prime but I've been told by several people that they were standing in line for a couple of hours to play the game at certain times of the day.

I stood in line for 2 hours to play Red Dead Redemption.

I'd do double..no triple that for ToR.

Rdr on
  • KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Chances are those lines were to play a Jedi/Sith character. I walked right past all those enormous lines and found a guy from Bioware standing next to a computer near the back saying "Anyone want to play the Sith Inquisitor character? Anyone?"

It was great. I feel bad for those suckers who waited hours to play a Jedi with a Vibroblade for 15 minutes.

KillerMcDead on
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh....Hell....YES!!!

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    edited January 2011
    Chances are those lines were to play a Jedi/Sith character. I walked right past all those enormous lines and found a guy from Bioware standing next to a computer near the back saying "Anyone want to play the Sith Inquisitor character? Anyone?"

It was great. I feel bad for those suckers who waited hours to play a Jedi with a Vibroblade for 15 minutes.

Jedi have only been playable in closed beta and at special press events. :) No public, fans hands on has been available to my knowledge.

I believe the other 6 classes were playable at Prime tho.

Although as you say, I did hear that at certain times of the day some people were able to walk right up and play certain classes without a wait.

Klipto on
  • TheDarkKnightTheDarkKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pax Prime was not too bad. The lines were around the 10 to 25mins. They had around 16/20 PCs at around 15mins ago. The most popular was the two Sith Classes so the wait time was around 45mins.

Anyway see you all there!

TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight on
    edited January 2011
    Pax Prime was not too bad. The lines were around the 10 to 25mins. They had around 16/20 PCs at around 15mins ago. The most popular was the two Sith Classes so the wait time was around 45mins.

Anyway see you all there!

TheDarkKnight

Glad to hear that.

Klipto on
  • hsofpn666hsofpn666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    my brother will poo poo in his pants just to be near it

hsofpn666 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    hsofpn666 wrote: »
    my brother will poo poo in his pants just to be near it

We would appreciate if he would not.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2011
    Now that I know this, I'm trying to get some of my friends from the 501st to show up....even if they're just wearing Garrison gear and not armor.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • hsofpn666hsofpn666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i will slap a depends on him for the day

hsofpn666 on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't wait to check them out, and maybe talk to a dev to say "Without Baldur's Gate, I would not have gotten into D&D, thanks!"

MagnifiedX on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Now that I know this, I'm trying to get some of my friends from the 501st to show up....even if they're just wearing Garrison gear and not armor.

Is the 501st the Jedi Knight Batallion or something?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited February 2011
    Arco wrote: »
    gigabrain wrote: »

Is the 501st the Jedi Knight Batallion or something?

No its the 501st Imperial Legion. http://www.501st.com/

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • cfbunnycfbunny Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    If the Bioware booth is there, You'll have to kill me to keep me away from it ;)

cfbunny on
    edited February 2011
    cfbunny wrote: »
    If the Bioware booth is there, You'll have to kill me to keep me away from it ;)

It's definitely going to be there.

Klipto on
  • FirstlineFirstline Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Hopefully they will give us a release date at PAX!

Firstline on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think I'll be around...

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
    edited February 2011
    Firstline wrote: »
    Hopefully they will give us a release date at PAX!

I was hopeful for this a week or so back, as were many people. But with the realization that the game is almost certainly going to come out late this year at this point, I'm thinking they won't be telling us the release date that far in advance.

Klipto on
  • ShyalaShyala Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    cfbunny wrote: »

Same, I'm a complete BioWhore.

Shyala on
    ~Shyala

"Some laugh at me; I no longer mind...They may think me a failure, but there is no horror for me now. I feel no fear of what I am. The shadows are merely shadows and I am content."
  • ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good news. I'd love to get my hands on it. With all the good news / Bad news coming from this game, it's nice to get a little time on it.

Shayde on
    Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • triggerpappytriggerpappy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yea we are really looking forward to seeing the game and hearing what Bioware has to say. Hopefully we will start learning more about the game.
    We will have a couple correspondents doing interviews but if anyone wants to write up their experience in a blog put a vid or something up We'd love to hear about your experiences and opinion of the game and talk to other gamers and guilds and their plans for the game.

Ithereal (Ryan) and Maddog (Alec) are our guys covering star wars, come by and say hey.

triggerpappy on
  • SupahSupah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Me and my cousin are really looking forward to this ^^ any info on when or where?

Supah on
  • VorcothVorcoth Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Scanning through the panel schedule and I see no mention of Bioware or SWtOR anywhere. This strikes me a a very large concern. Whuddup?

Vorcoth on
  • KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There most likely won't be. There was one at Prime, a rather extensive one. Probably not enough new ground to cover to warrant another panel. I have footage of the majority of it, though I never bothered to post it. Maybe I will. In the meantime, be jealous!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/killermcdead/4972114943/in/set-72157624912492866

KillerMcDead on
  • gljvdgljvd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Originally Posted by StephenReid
    Well, PAX is getting closer and you guys are due an update. This won't be as extensive as I hoped, as I got derailed a bit this week by... err... planning PAX East. However, here are a few tidbits.

As you now know we're going to be hosting a community meet and greet on Saturday during PAX East (March 12th), which should be a lot of fun. As well as Daniel, James Ohlen will indeed be there, and a couple of other developers as well. We'll have some fun activities and prizes to give away during the evening too, but mostly we'd just like to meet you guys and hang out to talk Star Wars and The Old Republic. More details to come.

We've been spending part of this week polishing and locking down details for our main PAX demo, and having played it, I'm pretty sure you guys are going to enjoy it. It shows off some cool content that no-one outside of the studio has seen before, and I include press in that category.

A few of you have been wondering why you can't see a SWTOR panel on the PAX East schedule. Well, it's not a typo. We decided to not do a large panel presentation at PAX East, and instead let the game speak for itself. We do have a 'booth stage' however, and will be doing presentations from it throughout the weekend... so it might be worth dropping by.

As I mentioned previously, we're doing our best to make sure that those of you who can't attend get as much information from the show floor as those who are there. It won't be quite as good as actually playing [REDACTED] but hopefully it'll keep you happy for a week or so.

So all that said - who will I see at the meet and greet?

Really disapointing

gljvd on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would like to be the first to commend the bioware folks on being generally awesome at PAX Prime, I wheeled up in my chair, couldnt really get into the booth, one of them appears out of nowhere and says "Would you like to play?" and I go "Yes... yes I would" and he materializes a laptop from some ethereal plane, plops in on my lap and says "Take your Time" and just stands there over my shoulder pointing out random stuff.

ZeroHourHero on
  • HibatirHibatir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm just looking for a big reveal being that the weekly updates have mostly been around the studio insiders and timeline updates. Maybe the bounty hunters Advanced classes or something about guilds!!! I'd love to see that. Either way when I heard bioware was going to be there I got my 3 day pass right away (that and other reasons lol)

Cant wait to meet other TOR fans!

Hibatir on
  • cfbunnycfbunny Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    No Bioware on the expo map! This makes me a sad panda!

nm Happy Pand again! From the official site:

PAX EAST, MARCH 11-13, 2011

BioWare and LucasArts are thrilled to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be at this year’s PAX East! Look for us on the show floor in Booth 912.

cfbunny on
  • JaroJJJaroJJ Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    SWTOR will be at the EA Booth 912. That's why you don't see Bioware there.

I'm a Vice Officer for Jen'Jidai and will be there. We'll actually have 10+ members in attendance. We'll also have our street team there too, you can recognize us because we'll be wearing these: http://www.cafepress.com/LegendProducts

You can also follow us on twitter @LG_Jenjidai. We will be updating the feed with everything SWTOR so while you're checking out other events you'll be up-to-date with the stuff going on at the booth.

We will also be in attendance for the Saturday night meet-up announced last friday.

Name: Jaro

JaroJJ on
  • triggerpappytriggerpappy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gljvd wrote: »

Really disapointing

I actually think that is better. It means they will be interacting with the fans like us more and getting input firsthand. I am really excited.

triggerpappy on
  • KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ohh, very interested in this one myself. I was (luckily) chosen for a small (very small) snippet of beta. However, it was for the side I am not going to be rolling my main on!

I sure wouldn't mind double checking that I really do want to roll Consular. And of course, ears pinned for a release date ^^

Kevralyn on
    Dominic
    sig.gif
  • ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One on one time is better than a panel lecture anyday.

Shayde on
    Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • Koopa KremlinKoopa Kremlin Mandalorian Commander Los Angeles, CA & Concord DawnRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am too down for this booth.

Koopa Kremlin on
  • terriblejoshuaterriblejoshua Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i can't wait!!!!!!!

terriblejoshua on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
This discussion has been closed.