As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jail mod?

JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
The jailing system here is very unique and would be highly helpful to my board. Would it be possible to get at that code, either in raw form or a patch of some kind? I don't have terribly advanced php skills, and I think that dealing with pre-written code would be easier than writing one from scratch. If you guys would rather I write my own, or don't want to release it for other reasons, fair enough.

whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
Jinnigan on

• AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    The jailing system here is very unique and would be highly helpful to my board. Would it be possible to get at that code, either in raw form or a patch of some kind? I don't have terribly advanced php skills, and I think that dealing with pre-written code would be easier than writing one from scratch. If you guys would rather I write my own, or don't want to release it for other reasons, fair enough.
    You might want to take this over to either the Help Forum or the G&T forum. The Jail mod is nothing more than a set of Rank modifications, as far as I understand.

From what I can tell:

Disabled BBCodes
    Capped display size
    Special Avatar/Rank Title

AlphaTwo on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Actually I was wondering what exactly a "jailed" person was, I figured that it was not preferable.

So what does "capped display size" mean? I get the other two penalties.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Actually I was wondering what exactly a "jailed" person was, I figured that it was not preferable.

So what does "capped display size" mean? I get the other two penalties.
    Total amount of text in a post. There seems to be a text display limit to people who are jailed. I'm sure that that is not a phpBB modified variable, so that's some sort of custom edit that AlphaMonkey has done.

AlphaTwo on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    That is incredibly nifty.

I like it.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    There's an increased post timer too. And yeah, Alpha and Ramius have done tons of modifications to the code.

Echo on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I would like to see that packaged up as an installable mod as well.

Jasconius on
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Jasconius wrote:

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Hamju wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    Not expecting it like, right now. But man, that would be cool to have.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    If I ever get the time, I might do it. I just have a lot on my plate right now, as is I'm not posting nearly as much as I should be on the forums.

Also I've toyed heavily with the idea of when we do the software change to the new forum, releasing the source code of this forum for people to pick through. If I did that would someone pick up the code and splice out the jail part?

Älphämönkëy on
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    uhm... out of curiousity, how long does being jailed last?

i could go on and even say i feel i was jailed... unjustfully... but i won't do that.

......shit.

EDIT: Man I am so sorry I thought this was a completely different section of the forums... I know this forum is more serious-driven, sorry about this post... I'd delete it but hey, I just got quoted, and I don't see a delete box, sooo...

:|

(hey, as a side note/idea, maybe have an auto-PM or a section only jailed people can see that says what being jailed does to your posting??? I always thought it was kind of a joke until I got jailed myself)

EDIT 2: I just found the delete button, but what the hell? I'll leave the post here for others` entertainment, I guess.

Black Ice on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Black Ice wrote:
    uhm... out of curiousity, how long does being jailed last?

i could go on and even say i feel i was jailed... unjustfully... but i won't do that.

......shit.

PM the mod that jailed you.

Failing that, PM Whippy.

Also, although the title does have "Jail" in it, this really isn't the place for this.

Brolo on
  • GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Well, since Pheezer jailed you, ask him through a PM.

Edit: Damnit, you beat me.

GiantRobo on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    If I ever get the time, I might do it. I just have a lot on my plate right now, as is I'm not posting nearly as much as I should be on the forums.

Also I've toyed heavily with the idea of when we do the software change to the new forum, releasing the source code of this forum for people to pick through. If I did that would someone pick up the code and splice out the jail part?

Sure.

Unknown User on