As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Going free-to-play in October

• Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone have a clue how to get the 360 controller to work for this game? also have a buddy key if someone wants it.

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone have a clue how to get the 360 controller to work for this game? also have a buddy key if someone wants it.

I plugged it in and it worked.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If anyone wants to roll a PVE hero and group up every now and then, I have Admiral Heat on Darkness Falls ready to accept friend requests. I'll get a PVP hero going on D&G after this guy hits 30.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Should be plug and play. Make sure you hook it up before starting the game.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    HypertimeHypertime Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Eh, just ignore it and go with your Controller loadout anyway. Trust me, people love you guys, you give us Power <3.

Also, once you get your dominance up in 350+ range, you not only are useful for your power restoration, but you are useful for crowd control. Once you're able to trap bosses, you become a near necessity for boss fights like the end of arkham asylum

Daaamn. I have to respec my mental/handblast dude for dominance. Does it make sense for me to put skill points in a second weapon for its dominance points, gain it through equipment or both?

Hypertime on
    Your mom.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Your journal?

They're added automatically, it's kinda crazy since by the teens it's filled with missions.

Well what the heck.

What am I doing wrong then. :(
    the next set of quests unlocks at level 9? after you do your alert and all the quests in your area (without doing the other two areas) ou end up around 8 and a half, shouldn't be much more to hit 9 and unlock a billion quests and never have issues again

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hypertime wrote: »
    Eh, just ignore it and go with your Controller loadout anyway. Trust me, people love you guys, you give us Power <3.

Also, once you get your dominance up in 350+ range, you not only are useful for your power restoration, but you are useful for crowd control. Once you're able to trap bosses, you become a near necessity for boss fights like the end of arkham asylum

Daaamn. I have to respec my mental/handblast dude for dominance. Does it make sense for me to put skill points in a second weapon for its dominance points, gain it through equipment or both?

I'm specced in Staff / Dual Wield so I can get the dominance bonuses out of both of them, the rest is through dominance heavy equipment.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ceno wrote: »
    If anyone wants to roll a PVE hero and group up every now and then, I have Admiral Heat on Darkness Falls ready to accept friend requests. I'll get a PVP hero going on D&G after this guy hits 30.

a few us old candymancers from WAR have started a not-so-serious hero league on darkness falls. If anyone wants to join up, send me a pm or whatever and we'll see what we can do. :)

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how many level 30 villains do we have on DF? Phlegethon, Dysphoria, and Darkreign are all tanks, do we have anyone else there? or close?

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah i plugged it in and windows 7 recognized it and installed the drivers. however when i open the game up there is no option to select it in the options for controls.

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah i plugged it in and windows 7 recognized it and installed the drivers. however when i open the game up there is no option to select it in the options for controls.

You don't have to, just pick up the controller and use it. It switches context information depending on if you've last used the keyboard or controller to play the game.

I'll use the controller to play, then use the keyboard to navigate menus. No need to select anything or log out or change any settings.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As you can see from my Steam DDgamer sig, I've been playing the shit out of this.

I am still really confused by the power system, as far as what's good to take, should I be taking iconic powers, how deep in my movement tree should I go, etc, but I'm starting go figure it out. Luckily respecs are relatively cheap.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is it possible to be a DPS illusionist in pvp? With your illusion as a friendly, walk up to someone, backstab them, then DPS the crap out of them? Kinda like a rogue in WOW?

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My problem was user error. I didn't realize hitting "T" switches your role. So now that I have that sorted out playing as controller is fun times. Being a dedicated true utility class is great, something that other game was missing. Truthfully, I am really not a fan of the DC world and stories but this game is doing a good job of keeping me engaged, shitty UI and all.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WolveSight wrote: »

a few us old candymancers from WAR have started a not-so-serious hero league on darkness falls. If anyone wants to join up, send me a pm or whatever and we'll see what we can do. :)

Ah poo, wish I'd known there was some kind of concentrated PvE heroside effort. I rolled on Zero Hour because I got sick of being camped on D&G, but it feels empty sometimes.

Anyone else on the forums heroside on Zero Hour?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Admiral Heat sends his love.

admiralheat.png

Ceno on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'd love to take it off your hands if you still have it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm lovin the game. Got to 24 on my Ice villain already. Thinking about my next character. May end up being a controller. Mental seams fun, and I'd like to give being mentored by Circe a shot. The Joker is awesome, but Circe seams to have much broader evil goals in mind. Her quests are some of the most entertaining to me in the game. It's also nice constantly destroying the Titans.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Wanted: Clayface mission, he apparently is disguised as one of the joker clowns in that area, but which one is he specifically? The fat Wags, a Lunatic, etc...

TexiKen on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not feeling nature at all. it possibly might be dual wield's fault. who knows.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »

Ah poo, wish I'd known there was some kind of concentrated PvE heroside effort. I rolled on Zero Hour because I got sick of being camped on D&G, but it feels empty sometimes.

Anyone else on the forums heroside on Zero Hour?

I wouldn't say it's "concentrated." But if people want to play along, the more the merrier.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Your journal?

They're added automatically, it's kinda crazy since by the teens it's filled with missions.

Well what the heck.

What am I doing wrong then. :(
    the next set of quests unlocks at level 9? after you do your alert and all the quests in your area (without doing the other two areas) ou end up around 8 and a half, shouldn't be much more to hit 9 and unlock a billion quests and never have issues again

Well, I found a couple of quest givers near the bee things and between those and the level 8 quests, I got to level 9 and WTFOMGQUESTS came in from ervrywhere! So I went to Gotham, beat on some people there, accidentally did the distribution center one twice by picked up a quest giver quest for it before I got to it on the chain. I was just about to go into Bane's hideout with Nightwing when I called it, got to level 11 I believe.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So all of a sudden I'm experiencing the lack of sound issue. it's only on certain mission maps though. The mission I'm doing now is
    Gotham University vs. Felix Faust
    and I get no sound inside... walk out the door and there's sound, just none inside. annoying.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The Wanted: Clayface mission, he apparently is disguised as one of the joker clowns in that area, but which one is he specifically? The fat Wags, a Lunatic, etc...

He's named something like 'odd looking goon', or some such.
    Is it possible to be a DPS illusionist in pvp? With your illusion as a friendly, walk up to someone, backstab them, then DPS the crap out of them? Kinda like a rogue in WOW?

Unless the power works differently in PvP, the mentalist's disguise power changes your appearance into that of either a civilian or a scientist (you get the choice, as each option is its own power option that you can slot into your loadout). Thus, if it works the same as it does in PvE, I don't imagine it would fool anybody. I believe Gadgets gets a more stealth-like hiding power, though.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So how many level 30 villains do we have on DF? Phlegethon, Dysphoria, and Darkreign are all tanks, do we have anyone else there? or close?
    My mentalist (Sarcastro) is almost 20, so thats kinda close to 30

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Koldanar wrote: »
    On No Man's Land now on the PS3, playing as Doctor Improbable, if anyone else is still on the PS3 (And I friended Snowpocalypse and Dirt Carcass, if either of you is on tonight look for me).

I have a league on No Man's Land on the villain side. Look for me (Cybernexus [lv 30] or Scarlett Pain [lv 3]) if you are out and about.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So those on the PS3 (or playing in general) a few questions.

1). Can you voice chat in lieu of sending a tell? What does it entail (I don't have my book with me at work).
    2). Where the hell is Black Adam; I want to buy more Legends characters. Tired of just Harley.
    3). Is there some sorta nasty lag associated with the friends list / tells? I tried to send a tell to dirt Carcass / Doc Fosforo last night, and I don't know that they ever went through.

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

1). Can you voice chat in lieu of sending a tell? What does it entail (I don't have my book with me at work).
    2). Where the hell is Black Adam; I want to buy more Legends characters. Tired of just Harley.
    3). Is there some sorta nasty lag associated with the friends list / tells? I tried to send a tell to dirt Carcass / Doc Fosforo last night, and I don't know that they ever went through.
    In my case I didn't get any kind of message about an invite, but I was experiencing some issues with the server that may have contributed. I had to restart a couple of times last night, once due to a crash (which sucked because I was doing quite well in a Legends match at the time), and the second time due to my character never stopping the interact animation after scanning a computer in Bane's distributor's warehouse. I was hoping these kind of issues had been mostly resolved, especially since things had been going so smoothly since last Saturday’s patch.

Also, I ran into an issue when fighting Bane that I'm not sure if it is due to a glitch or if it is by design. I've taken Bane out as a hero before, but when I went to do it as a villain he seemed to have a permanent regen effect. I'd have his health down quite a bit and then all of a sudden (usually around when he goes after a pillar) his health would start moving back up until he was at full again. I eventually had to bail to get some armor repairs. Is this a glitch, or is it one of those fights where you have to outlast him (he does need to be there for the heroes to capture, after all)?

Cururu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dizzen wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

He's named something like 'odd looking goon', or some such.

Unless the power works differently in PvP, the mentalist's disguise power changes your appearance into that of either a civilian or a scientist (you get the choice, as each option is its own power option that you can slot into your loadout). Thus, if it works the same as it does in PvE, I don't imagine it would fool anybody. I believe Gadgets gets a more stealth-like hiding power, though.

You are disguised as friendly in pvp. Ive been disguised and walked around in enemy territory

Also, anyway to see the levels of friendlies you see walking around? Anyway to see their powers and what items they have on?

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

1. No. At least not yet. When it was working Voice chat worked on Group and League level only. You had to group with a person to chat with them.

2. First one is free as they say. You get Harley (unless you preordered from Gamestop) and then you have to earn PVP credit doing matches to buy the new Exobyte data for the higher level folks. I think the vendor is in the Hall of Doom Grotto area.

3. There is an ongoing issue right now. General League chat is down and friendlists, etc are buggy. They're working on it.

Fell free to friend me on the PSN if you have any more questions or need help.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    PitaParkerPitaParker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The music in this game is annoying, repetitive, and at times just BAD. This normally wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that turning the music off and using Pandora or iTunes seems to kill ALL sounds in the game after a loading screen or two.

I'd also love to learn how to scroll through the Journal. I have about 3 quests to turn in that are not on the viewable list. Also a abandon quest option would be great.

PitaParker on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have a list of questions i need answered people :D

1) Can I see the numeric value of my hp and power in the top left where the bars are?

2) Where the heck is the exp bar to show how close I am to level? (granted I didnt read the manual)

3) How can I see friendly people's stats? Like is there an "inspect" option to see their powers and what they are wearing and what level they are?

4) Can I move the combat window to its own separate window not connected to the chat window? I like to have chat in the left side and combat on the right side so I can see both.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

1) Can I see the numeric value of my hp and power in the top left where the bars are?

2) Where the heck is the exp bar to show how close I am to level? (granted I didnt read the manual)

3) How can I see friendly people's stats? Like is there an "inspect" option to see their powers and what they are wearing and what level they are?

4) Can I move the combat window to its own separate window not connected to the chat window? I like to have chat in the left side and combat on the right side so I can see both.

1) On your inventory page there are tabs. One of them is stats, that shows exact numbers for your health/power and different stats. Now way to display them on the bars that I know of, though.

2) The exp bar is under your action bar

3) I don't believe there is an inspect function

4) No way that I'm aware of. Chat is barebones to say the least and shows no real sign of imminent improvement.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »

1) On your inventory page there are tabs. One of them is stats, that shows exact numbers for your health/power and different stats. Now way to display them on the bars that I know of, though.

2) The exp bar is under your action bar

3) I don't believe there is an inspect function

4) No way that I'm aware of. Chat is barebones to say the least and shows no real sign of imminent improvement.

Ug, then why the heck did they even make a combat log? I guess if everyone on your team is in vent then you can watch the combat log. Seems really silly. Do the dev's even post in their forums?

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There's one that I've seen a fair amount, RadarX, but other than that, not entirely.

And like I said, the chat system was the last thing they bothered with. If you can believe it, the current implementation is actually an overhaul they put in like a week before beta ended.

It sucks, but I'm kind glad they decided other areas needed work first. You know, provided they remember to come back and fix it.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    3) I don't believe there is an inspect function.

Actually, pull up the Social tab and click on their name. If they care close enough there is an "Inspect" option.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    2. First one is free as they say. You get Harley (unless you preordered from Gamestop) and then you have to earn PVP credit doing matches to buy the new Exobyte data for the higher level folks. I think the vendor is in the Hall of Doom Grotto area.

The Grotto area? Hrm, haven't found that one yet in my wanderings. I swear I scoured that place looking for a spot I missed him at. I already have 3 wins, but I can't find him!

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Grotto area? Hrm, haven't found that one yet in my wanderings. I swear I scoured that place looking for a spot I missed him at. I already have 3 wins, but I can't find him!
    I've only just done the tour of the Hall of Doom last night, but I think the machine that sells the chips is next to Catwoman in the Grotto area. Also, you'll need at least 10 Marks of Legend to buy anyone new.

Cururu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What in the hell, why do I do it. Why do I look at official forums? I mean, gah.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    What in the hell, why do I do it. Why do I look at official forums? I mean, gah.

The only reason I do such things is to look for Dev posts.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
This discussion has been closed.