As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The ZiffDavis connection.

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
Now, wnever I load a page, a portion of the page loading is coming from ziffdavispennyarcade.2o7.net

Is this normal? Are our internets being stolen? Does this play a part in the rampant problems we have been having as of late?

I'm just curious as to what it is, really.

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...
syndalis on

• Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    2o7.net resolves to http://www.omniture.com/2o7?f=2o7

My guess is, Alpha or one of the other PA Powers That Be are running it as a marketing and/or administration tool.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    syndalis wrote:
    Now, wnever I load a page, a portion of the page loading is coming from ziffdavispennyarcade.2o7.net

Is this normal? Are our internets being stolen? Does this play a part in the rampant problems we have been having as of late?

Yeah we use omniture to do get some stats and omniture is the best in the buisness. Problem is their stats files are a bit big, and seem to slow things down. The recent problems are just growing pains. MySQL is blowing chunks every now and again and I am not always there to hold its hand.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2006
    syndalis wrote:

Yeah we use omniture to do get some stats and omniture is the best in the buisness. Problem is their stats files are a bit big, and seem to slow things down. The recent problems are just growing pains. MySQL is blowing chunks every now and again and I am not always there to hold its hand.
    cool cool, just curious after all.

I eagerly await whatever new bulletin board software you build. It's beena long time coming, but I know it will be worth it. phpbb can't seem to take the pressure anymore.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...