As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Going free-to-play in October

1555657585961»

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone invite me into the pvp hero guild

name: iskall

Be happy to, although you'll have to be online in order to send it out.

Also, don't forget about the league's steam group and chat, which is much more reliable than the game's league chat, as it goes down about as often as voice chat, if not more.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i was just on online, coming again now

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i was just on online, coming again now

Also online, also like invite :P

just asked for one on the steam chat channel too... Hero's name is Grey Knight.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone have a good combo for fighting players with a controller/flying role? I'm willing to change from dual pistols. I usually do a taser/sticky bomb/boxing glove combo and will also go gausse bomb, but some of the iconic powers I have just aren't doing it like heat vision or triple shot batarang. And the flying movements take too long to unleash or do little damage.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good combo for fighting players with a controller/flying role? I'm willing to change from dual pistols. I usually do a taser/sticky bomb/boxing glove combo and will also go gausse bomb, but some of the iconic powers I have just aren't doing it like heat vision or triple shot batarang. And the flying movements take too long to unleash or do little damage.

Tanks have it easy. AOE bursts that don't take forever to toggle go a long way to stop this kinda nonsense. The rest of us? Develop the innate flying talents to do break aways and focus more on doing any form of stun to drop the person to street level.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I've found 3 Riddler's Clues around the area. And I've found a Riddler's box that I can't interact with. What's the deal with them?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just rolled my second character. Mental/Dual Wield/Circe. Fun fun fun.

I'm not really having a problem with things at 30 on my tank, but the 30 instances are buggy as hell. I keep getting thrown into bugged duos by myself where I can't fight a single thing, or being put into a hard-mode alert with just one other person who won't drop out of DPS. Just need to find myself a good legion, or get my damn friend to finish leveling up to 30.

The queue system at 30 is annoying as hell.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    So I've found 3 Riddler's Clues around the area. And I've found a Riddler's box that I can't interact with. What's the deal with them?

Those are related to a later Batman quest.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just opened the game for the first time and thought I would have a look to see what server you guys are on. I can't find either of the ones in the first post. I have a list of 4 servers (Looking for Trouble, In Brightest Day, Reality Lost, and Bloodstorm). Is there more servers that I can't see? Is that it?

edit: For some reason although I had changed my server list from EU to US already it had changed itself back. Creating now!

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SOE has promised monthly updates for this game, correct? Any word out there on when those are supposed to start happening? Is there a chance for something early next week, or are they going to wait until after the 11th of each month? I still have plenty to do without any additional content (so far), but I am curious as to how substantial these updates will be.

Cururu on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got the PC version of the game last night. I was on the fence aboutit , but after playing a few hours I can say that I'm having a lot of fun. I guess I should amend that list in the OP according to the instructions.
    Ceno wrote: »
    Alright guys I'm going to put together a list here with as many people as I can see that I don't know have not been invited to the League of Arcadians. If I miss your name, PLEASE quote this post and add your name with a RED coloring.

PAers Currently Not In League as far as I know:

The Cow King - Dr Payback
    TexiKen - USAgent
    Arcath - Hesperos
    MikeMcSomething - Quicks
    JimJimBinks - Observer
    jdarksun - Ballista
    Foefaller - Grey Knight & Ignatia & others yet to be determined
    Bad Karma - Red Rooster (rerolled, thanks)(Rerolled to what?) Still Red Rooster, just deleted the original and made a new one, won't be a habit.
    Hypertime - Hypertime I'm a nooooooooooooooooob
    PikaPuff - Wincest
    tallgeeze - Blizzarine

I even came up a simple back story while I was creating the guy.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok I've created an Ice Brawler. I am so indecisive. I guarantee tomorrow night I will start a new character and the night after that etc. I want to try so many things.

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yea, that's one thing I like about this game so far. Coming up with characters is a fun aspect in itself. I read that the other superhero MMOs did it better, but I never played them so DCO gets all the credit :)

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Yea, that's one thing I like about this game so far. Coming up with characters is a fun aspect in itself. I read that the other superhero MMOs did it better, but I never played them so DCO gets all the credit :)

The big problem I had with other superhero mmos was that I had zero investment in the world or the characters. The customization was more realized than DCUO's, but it just made me wish I were in Metropolis or Gotham. DCUO is the first MMO where I've been in on the ground floor, and I'm excited to see what refinements and additions are brought to the game, but - more than that - I'm invested in the universe already.

Ceno on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Last night on the PVP server there were big level 30 villain vs hero fights near one of the main areas. Had to be at least 30 v 30

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ceno wrote: »
    tallgeeze wrote: »

The big problem I had with other superhero mmos was that I had zero investment in the world or the characters. The customization was more realized than DCUO's, but it just made me wish I were in Metropolis or Gotham. DCUO is the first MMO where I've been in on the ground floor, and I'm excited to see what refinements and additions are brought to the game, but - more than that - I'm invested in the universe already.

This.

I loved CoX's customization, but it meant crap when I was bored stiff of the same repetative tile sets and missions after 5 years. Yeah, Going Rogue was awesome, great story, etc, new stuff... but it doesn't relieve the overall fatigue of fighting in GenericOffice_Map_003 for the Nth time.

DCUO has less customization, but the gameplay and world experience is top notch. Gotham IS the Gotham I always imagined/read about, and even what I thought would be a boring Metropolis, is actually fun and interesting. And that's better IMO.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cururu wrote: »
    Koldanar wrote: »
    The Grotto area? Hrm, haven't found that one yet in my wanderings. I swear I scoured that place looking for a spot I missed him at. I already have 3 wins, but I can't find him!
    I've only just done the tour of the Hall of Doom last night, but I think the machine that sells the chips is next to Catwoman in the Grotto area. Also, you'll need at least 10 Marks of Legend to buy anyone new.

I...I don't think I've even seen Catwoman yet. AND I spent an hour scouring the dang place...man, they did not make this stuff easy to navigate. An option to set a waypoint on a villain / vendor there would be a wonderful thing. Hell, I don't think I've seen the Grotto, either.

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
This discussion has been closed.