As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Gesundheit; Sneeze of Mystery

MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock EngineerSeattleRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
WARHAMMER: THE GAME OF FANTASY BATTLES
391766a.jpg

Aren't Toy Soldiers for Nerds?

Yeah, but nerds have money and toy soldiers are more awesome than most other things you can waste your money on. Warhammer refers to a fantasy setting and a number of distinct tabletop and computer games. This thread is concerned with the original, a tabletop miniatures wargame.

General Information on the game
Warhammer: The Game of Fantasy Battles, formerly Warhammer Fantasy Battle and often abbreviated to Warhammer, is a tabletop wargame created by Games Workshop and the origin of the Warhammer Fantasy setting.

The game is played with 'regiments' of fantasy miniatures. It uses stock fantasy races such as humans, elves, dwarfs, undead, orcs, goblins, vampires, as well as some more unusual types such as lizardmen, skaven, etc. Each race has its own unique strengths and flaws; Wood Elves, for example, have some of the most powerful archers in the game but have poor overall defense.

Since first appearing in 1983, Warhammer has been periodically updated and re-released with changes to the gaming system and army lists. The current official version is the seventh edition, released on 9 September 2006.

Games Workshop wrote:
In a nutshell, each player collects an army of Citadel miniatures. Then, using the Warhammer rulebook as a guideline, they fight epic battles against their fellow generals. Dice (like you'd find in almost any board game) are used to determine success and failure: to decide whether an arrow hits its target, or whether a magical power works, for example. Each game is played, not on a regular 'board' but in a special gaming area where models are not confined to 'squares' but are free to move as their controller wishes. Because Warhammer is not played on a set game board, tape measures or rulers are used to see how far a miniature can move - a horse can run faster than a stumpy-legged Dwarf, after all.

Setting

The Warhammer story, or background, is vast. It begins tens of thousands of years before the current day with the Old Ones: beings of vast power that sailed between worlds on a sea of infinite potential (known as the Warp, Aethyr, or Realm of Chaos). Armed with incomprehensible techno-magicks and knowledge, the Old Ones raised the races of the Warhammer World from barbarism, teaching elf and dwarf how to draw upon the Realm of Chaos to shape extra-dimensional potential into physical forms… or magic, and bestowing upon them the joys of enlightened civilization. This golden age ended too soon, however, as the Old Ones were exterminated or driven away by things from the Aethyr: the daemons of Chaos and Ruinous Powers native to that Realm. Given form and purpose by the Warp-reflected flaws of mortals, these daemons invaded the Warhammer World, ending the age of Law and advancement brought about by the Old Ones. Many millennia later, the children of the Old Ones continue the battle against Chaos.

It is important to note that there are many, varied, implementations of Warhammer lore; none are more "right" or "official" than others. To put it quite simply, according to GW: THERE IS NO WARHAMMER CANON. Players are free to pick, choose, and research the bits they like.

WHERE DID GAMES WORKSHOP COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?

Warhammer's imagery and style are influenced heavily by gritty, classic fantasy authors, such as Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, and H.P. Lovecraft, as well as real-world history and a bit of Tolkien. Designers also list influences such as Terry Gilliam, Black Adder, and Monty Python. The Warhammer world is a playground-like amalgam of everything from Napoleonic gun lines, to sanity-blasting tentacled horrors, to halfings and their giant cocks (depictions of a large rooster that serves as a provincial symbol for the little folk). Those interested in learning more might be urged to pick up some of these older books; Warhammer's roots are clearly evident in Conan, Elric, and Martin Luther.

THE WARHAMMER WORLD
The unnamed (to its inhabitants) Warhammer world roughly resembles our own. Maps can be found here. At the "heart" of the known setting is the Old World, analogous to Earth's Europe. Here one finds the human nations of the Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev, brutal Nosrca, Tilea, and Estalia as well as the remnants of the Dwarfs' ancient empire beneath the mountains. Scattered pockets of wood elves (both civilized and less so…) share lands with the Empire and Bretonnia. To the south, past the rogue settlements of the Border Princes and orc-infested Badlands, lie trackless deserts. Cut through by the great River Mortis, the ancient, dusty realm of Nehekkarha lies not-as-silent as it should be, duly earning its title as the Land of the Dead. Past here, one finds the mysterious human nation of Araby, rife with proscribed cults and unknown magic, with the dark jungles of the Southlands engulfing the rest of the southern continent. Nothing but sun-mad orcs and the remains of the Old Ones' world live here.

To the east lie the dead plains of the Dark Lands, choked with the fumes of Chaos Dwarf industry. Yet further east, in the Mountains of Mourn, are the Ogre Kingdoms. These inhospitable vaults are dotted with the scattered ruins of forgotten civilizations and shaggy prehistoric beasts, pierced in the south by the Silver Road, the sole not-so-safe route between the lands of the Old World and mysterious Far East. Of the kingdoms of Ind, Cathay, and Nippon little is known; other than that the presence of Chaos.

In the middle of the Great Ocean hides Ulthuan, the last great holding of the Asur, first and favorite children of the Old Ones. This magic and mist enshrouded isle contains the kingdoms of the High Elves, including mystical Avelorn and stately Eataine; recently opened to outsiders by the Phoenix King Finubar. Unknown to most of the Warhammer world, Ulthuan is of critical importance. In ancient times, the elves created a vortex of Chaos energy, woven of the structure of the island itself. This vortex drained the Chaos-stuff feeding daemonic legions after the fall of the Old Ones, allowing the elves to fight back and forestall the end of the world. Were this vortex to ever fail, Ulthuan would sink beneath the waves, heralding the final invasion of Chaos.

West of Ulthuan one finds the brooding forests and icy mountains of Naggaroth, the Land of Chill. Now refuge of the Druchii, exiled for millennia from Ulthuan, this is a land as cruel as its inhabitants. To the south is fabled Lustria, where the seat of the Old Ones lies rotting in the jungles. Overseen by things blindly following the edicts of the lost Old Ones, many attempt to enter these jungles to secure the gold and riches within. A few even make it back.

Finally, at the very ends of the Warhammer world lie madness and infinity. The collapsed interdimensional gates of the Old Ones spill Aethyr into the material, and thoughts of mortals into the Realm of Chaos. Surrounding the northern pole gate are the Chaos Wastes, lands of blended Warp and Material, realms of madness, eternal war, and the whims of the Chaos Gods. No one can leave this place entirely untouched by Chaos.

Armies: Who's killin' who Information Stolen From GW’s Site.
Beastmen: Within the dark heart of the twisted and dangerous forests of the Old World dwell hordes of Beastmen, true children of Chaos. Preying on the weak and striking without warning, the Beastmen are a plague on the civilised world, murdering and slaughtering with abandon.

Brettonia: The Knights of Bretonnia are renowned for their skill at arms, their bravery and chivalry. A Bretonnian army is an impressive sight; ranks of knights with fluttering pennants adorned with personal heraldry, backed up with scores of filthy, low born peasants.

Daemons of Chaos: The Daemons of Chaos are warlike fragments of divine will loosed upon the world. Blasphemous abominations drawing raw power from the Chaos Gods themselves, they are the ruination of civilisation.

Dark Elves: Cold and heartless, the Dark Elves launch terrible raids on the lands of the Warhammer world, enslaving thousands and burning civilizations to the ground. Every day the Dark Hosts of Naggaroth sacrifice hundreds of souls on the altars of the Lord of Murder.

Dwarfs: The Dwarfs are tenacious and determined warriors with unparalleled weapons, created by their Runesmiths, they defend their holds from Orcs and Skaven. Remembering every affront, Dwarfs miss no opportunity to settle grudges with the edge of an axe

The Empire: Since its founding the Empire has endured terrible invasions. Through years of bloodshed, this land of Men has stood fast through faith and steel, its tireless citizen soldiers and valiant heroes, surviving against the innumerable foes that assail it from all sides.

High Elves: The armies of the High Elves are glittering hosts of steadfast spearmen, deadly archers and proud cavalry. Exceptionally skilled warriors, the Elves are led by mages who are masters of magic and heroes who command mighty Dragons of days past.

Lizardmen: Long before the rise of Elves, Dwarfs or Men, the Lizardmen existed deep in the jungles of Lustria. A dangerous civilization of hulking reptilian warriors and gargantuan monsters, led by the bloated Slann, they seek to restore order to the world and will mercilessly punish any who stand in their way.

Ogre Kingdoms: Far to the east of the Old World lie the savage Ogre Kingdoms, a land of eating and fighting. A single Ogre, with his massive frame and boulder-like gut, has enough brute strength to sack a village and an army of such monstrous warriors, the power to destroy empires.

Orcs & Goblins: Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Warhammer world, an unending tide of ferocious raiders trampling a swathe of destruction across the land. Orcs and Goblins are angry creatures that live to fight, their only goal is to rampage and slaughter.

Skaven: The Skaven are a race of evil rat-men that fester in the dark places of the world. Eternally scheming and plotting their races ascendancy. Skaven March to battle in great hordes, swarming towards the foe in a mass of frenzied fur and black-clad assassins.

Tomb Kings: The ancient Kings of Nehekhara march forth from their tombs to seek vengeance on the world. Loyal even in death, the armies of the Tomb Kings march with them, ensuring ranks of gleaming bone, with bronze and gold, will be the last sight of many a foe.

Vampire Counts: The Vampire Counts are a perilous threat to the Old World. Stronger, tougher and faster than any mortal, Vampires are deadly foes that summon Undead hordes to wage war upon the living

Warriors of Chaos: From the far north come the legions of Chaos, led by mighty champions of the Dark Gods. Raised in battle, these great warriors fight for glory and the favour of their gods, seeking immortality and everlasting power.

Wood Elves: The Wood Elves of Athel Loren are mysterious, secretive beings. Merciless with those who enter their realm, they are masters of ambush and the greatest archers in the world. In war they unleash the full fury of the forest, as Elves fight alongside Forest Spirits

Where Can I buy these plastic men?
The War Store Offers a good discount and has the full GW line http://www.thewarstore.com/zWARHAMMERFANTASYBATTLE.html
There is also Games Workshops own site http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp
Ebay can also have some spectacular deals on second hand minis http://toys.shop.ebay.com/Fantasy-/44409/i.html?_catref=1&_jgr=0
Or there may be a Local Game Store that carries things or a GW battle Bunker. These can be found at http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp. As a disclaimer if you plan on playing in a local store you are best to do your shopping at the local store. This helps the store and gets you in the owners good graces.

A guide to Warhammer army books

Books who's most recent release is their 6th ed edition:

Bretonnia (Feb 2004)
Wood Elves (Aug 2005)
Dwarfs (Mar 2006)

Books who's most recent release is their 7th ed edition:

High Elves (Nov 2007)
Daemons of Chaos (May 2008)
Dark Elves (Aug 2008)
Warriors of Chaos (Nov 2008)
Lizardmen (Feb 2009)
Skaven (2009)
Beasts of Chaos (2010)

8th Edition Books

Orcs and Goblins
Ogre Kingdoms
Tomb Kings
Vampire Counts
Empire

Books likely to be released next:

Very tentatively - Dwarfs

Thanks to many prior community members for providing the content of this post.

snm_sig.jpg
Morskittar on

• MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The thread title gave me a thought. I wonder, if you normalized Space Marine players at the same level as others, would 40k have about the same amount of players as WFB?

Of more relevance; check out the last sentence in the paragraph under the Chaos Dwarf. Oh yes!

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like how Plague Toads are either uppity nurglings or disgraced plaguebearers, and therefore reviled by everyone, including other Nurgle daemons.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    FREEDOOOOM

Echo on
  • ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Combined chaos lists again? Is this perhaps a sign of things to come? Wishful thinking on my part I know. Then again, just the hint of chaos dwarfs re-emerging is enough to keep me happy.

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got my first massacre yesterday, or whatever the big point difference win is called. My VIP unit ended up being my 7 wide Bestigor unit (4 ranks) that went straight for his temple guard with Slaan in it. I got off Curse of Anraheir on his unit but kept Wyssan's Wildform on the bestigors and every single one of my guys wounded (thank goodness for primal fury.) Normally I don't expect to win with beasts, just have fun but this was only my 6th game or so.

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Mr_Rose wrote: »
      I like how Plague Toads are either uppity nurglings or disgraced plaguebearers, and therefore reviled by everyone, including other Nurgle daemons.

I thought Nurgle demons were full of nothing but love for everyone?
      I've been lied to

Dayspring on
      My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    • ZedarZedar Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Dayspring wrote: »
      Mr_Rose wrote: »

I thought Nurgle demons were full of nothing but love for everyone?
      I've been lied to

You're thinking of Slaanesh. Nurgle has nothing but pustules for everyone.

Zedar on
      steam_sig.png
    • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Oh, that's right.
      Nurgle demon are full of puss, not love. Easy mistake

Dayspring on
      My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
      edited January 2011
      Nono, you guys, you know this; it's Grandfather Nurgle himself that loves everybody. That doesn't mean his daemons have to as well.

Mr_Rose on
    • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Echo, you so crazy :P

Nax on
      The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Nax wrote: »

No, he's swedish. There's a slight and subtle difference.

Cynic Jester on
    • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      re-post
      could someone help me with identifying a couple of models from this picture thread?

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38073

I'd love to know what models he used for the Treekin and the Eagle at the bottom

oh, and a rather unrelated question, are the Warmachine miniatures the same size as the Warhammer ones?

someone in that thread said the Treekin were from Lotr, they really don't look like that to me though

Alfred J. Kwak on
    • MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
      edited January 2011

Really?

Mago on
      Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
    • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Mago wrote: »

Really?

Anyone can be crazy. Only swedes are swedish.

Cynic Jester on
    • MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Mago wrote: »

Really?

Anyone can be crazy. Only swedes are swedish.

True. :)

Mago on
      Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
      edited January 2011
      Zedar wrote: »
      Combined chaos lists again? Is this perhaps a sign of things to come? Wishful thinking on my part I know. Then again, just the hint of chaos dwarfs re-emerging is enough to keep me happy.

Combined lists are cool. Single god lists are better. Chaos Undivided is for pussies.

I'd think about making a Chaos army again once the Tzeentch stuff shows up. This whole Warhammer Forge project has tons of potential.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
    • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
      edited January 2011
      It's a good thing that new Nurgle deamons are being made, because the ones that are around now aren't really that great.

I'd love to do a Nurgle themed mixed army, but money and time.

I'll be picking up a box or two of something cool from Warhammer forge when it comes about for sure, and probably as many books as I can. Books only cost money.

Peter Ebel on
      Fuck off and die.
      edited January 2011
      Peter Ebel wrote: »
      Books only cost money.

So true. And also why I have two whole shelves of Warhammer game and background books.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
    • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
      edited January 2011
      Those nurgle things from forge look pretty awesome

mugginns on
      E26cO.jpg
      edited January 2011
      Yeah. I can't wait to see what they do for Tzeentch. Crazy baroque eyeball and fish laden madness! And this Marienburger land ship thing they keep talking about.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
      edited January 2011
      You mean this:
      DSC_0635.jpg
      Or are you talking about rules support?

Mr_Rose on
      edited January 2011
      Oh, well, that would be the one.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
    • TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      So I was going to trade some Nids for some Wood Elves until I found out like 50% were old plastics.

I ended up trading my Nids for this:

LoL Rats:
      3 Assassins
      1 Qweek
      1 Grey Seer
      2 Plague Priests
      1 Plague Furnace
      1 Deathmaster
      2 Engineers
      1 Warlord on bonebreaker
      1 Warlord on warlitter
      2 IOB sets
      80 Clanrats
      40 Plague Monks
      60 old style Clanrats
      2 Rat Ogres
      1 Hellpit Abom
      2 Warpfire Cannons
      1 Doomwheel
      20 Stormvermin
      4 Rat Swarms
      1 box of Nightrunners
      1 Skaven Armybook
      1 Set of Skaven Magic Cards
      Movement trays for it all
      Foam trays for most of it

Not sure what I would be needing to go with it. Jezzails? Ratling Guns? Censer Bearers? Globadiers?

Speak to me Rat Lord.

TalonZahn on
      edited January 2011
      If you plan on fielding them, you'll need more Stormvermin- both they and clanrats should be in units of 30-40.

You'll probably want some more weapon teams as well; looks like you'll have 4 Warpfire Throwers (unless you mean Warplighting Cannons for the two out of IoB?) and two Poison Wind Mortars (mostly the IoB stuff) - a Doom Flayer to hang with Stormvermin or Clanrats or Ratling Gun might accompany that well. Jezzails (5 or so) and maybe Globadiers (for games against armored stuff) would give you a strong shooting backbone.

If you want to skew toward a more melee oriented force, you may want some more rat ogres (you've got a unit of 6 now). Some Giant Rat units make good, fast flankers for such an army, as would another unit of 30-40 Plague Monks. A handful (5 or more) of Plague Censer Bearers would help with punch there.

If you want to lean more magic heavy, a second Plague Furnace/Screaming Bell kit assembled as the latter will give you a solid core, along with a few of the Engineers you've got.

Really, it all depends on the kind of army you want. At the moment you've got stuff for a good balanced force.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
    • TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
      edited January 2011
      I didn't breakout the IOB sets in the list, so that's 2 seperate cannons on top of the 2 Throwers from the sets.

I was looking in Army Builder and didn't see anything for the Throwers or Mortars, so I'll need some schooling on where those rules are.

I checked out the pics link he sent, and it looks like there's a block of 24 giant rats. I didn't really pay attention to that since, LoLtonOfRats, but they should be in there.

Checking out the GW site, I'll probably add Jezzails/Globes/Ratling Guns/Bell kit. Seems like the best way to open up the most choices.

TalonZahn on
      edited January 2011
      Warpfire Throwers and Poison Wind Mortars are attached to units rather than purchased on their own, so maybe the rules are presented as part of those in Army Builder? Otherwise, they're all in the newest book. For reference (in terms of unit sizes and army size) here's my goal to have painted with all new models this year (or two):

1 Ikit Claw
      1 Chieftan Shield; Heavy Armor; Skavenbrew
      1 Engineer Level 1; Pistol; Warpstone
      1 Chieftan BSB
      35 Clanrats Cmd; Shields; Warpfire Thrower
      35 Clanrats Cmd; Shields; Ratling Gun
      20 Slaves Musician
      20 Slaves Musician
      35 Stormvermin Cmd; Razor Standard; Doom-flayer
      7 Globadiers Poison Wind Mortar
      1 Doomwheel
      1 Warplighting Cannon

Also note; I've played all of two games with the current army book under 8th, so there's lots of old-school/probably dated thinking in this list. But unit sizes should be fairly accurate. This is meant to be an all-rounder, all-comers list; a little magic, some shooting, and would do its killing by trying to gang up with the clanrats and stormvermin on targets that have been chewed up some by shooting and magic.

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
      edited January 2011
      TalonZahn wrote: »
      I didn't breakout the IOB sets in the list, so that's 2 seperate cannons on top of the 2 Throwers from the sets.

I was looking in Army Builder and didn't see anything for the Throwers or Mortars, so I'll need some schooling on where those rules are.

I checked out the pics link he sent, and it looks like there's a block of 24 giant rats. I didn't really pay attention to that since, LoLtonOfRats, but they should be in there.

Checking out the GW site, I'll probably add Jezzails/Globes/Ratling Guns/Bell kit. Seems like the best way to open up the most choices.
      They're upgrade options for Clanrat units.

Also, units of giant rats can get obscene numbers of attacks, since the rats fight in an extra rank and the pack-leaders' whips can attack over up to three, so you can get four ranks fighting without a Horde.

Mr_Rose on
      edited February 2011
      Whoop whoop, off in the falling ice sludge to pick up my Skaven things!

I must be fucking retarded. I barely, barely, have 500 points of Night Goblins painted up and now I get a thousand rats to play with. I must hate passing courses.

Peter Ebel on
      Fuck off and die.
      edited February 2011
      Peter Ebel wrote: »
      Whoop whoop, off in the falling ice sludge to pick up my Skaven things!

I must be fucking retarded. I barely, barely, have 500 points of Night Goblins painted up and now I get a thousand rats to play with. I must hate passing courses.

Everyone will tell you you're making the wrong decision.

And everyone is wrong. Because toy soldiers are awesome. (This is probably horrible advice).

Morskittar on
      snm_sig.jpg
    • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
      edited February 2011
      Hey guys, I'm toying with Fantasy here's what I'm looking at army-wise, how viable/ competitive are they?

Tzeentchian themed Warriors of Chaos

Beastmen

No-Quarter on
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      edited February 2011
      I find Beasts to be less than average for competitions so I play Beastmen for fun. If I want to win, I play my dwarfs. Though I am still pretty new to the game so I might not be the best opinion.

TimFiji on
      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
        edited February 2011
        To my knowledge, Warrior of Chaos are amongst the top armies (tier 2 I believe, behind DE and Lizards) while Beastmen are fairly close to the bottom

Alfred J. Kwak on
      • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
        edited February 2011
        Honestly wich army looks like the one you like best? and has the feel your looking for.

Draeven on
        Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
        edited February 2011
        Finally won a game after 4 losses.

Kicked those wimbly homestealing pretender-to-the-throne "high" elves.

A horde of Sea Guard isn't so tough when it gets Chillwinded and can't shoot for the only two turns it wasn't in combat. Also the turn where it ate a full Black Horror and lost 20 guys. Then got charged by a horde of Executioners and were killed to a man.

Luck award goes to the Hydra who survived a unit of guys with Great Weapons by 1 Wound then stomped the rest to death.

And the Cauldron of Blood? So awesome.

Honorable mention to the Black Guard who ate a cavalry charge and died, setting up the Hydra counterattack.

(Yes, yes, Dark Elves are powerful, I don't care.)

Joeslop on
        edited February 2011
        Powerful != automatically winning.

Sounds like a good game.

Morskittar on
        snm_sig.jpg
      • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
        edited February 2011
        Oh, and did I mention how awesome giving Killing Blow to the Hydra against cavalry is?

So awesome.

Joeslop on
        edited February 2011
        Man, Ikkit Claw and the Doom Flayer are some boss models.

Edit: Also, appropriate band name.

Peter Ebel on
        Fuck off and die.
      • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
        edited February 2011
        Heh

"Amazing new band: Boss Greenskin & the Orc Boyz! Their hit single is 20 minutes of the band screaming WAAAGH over an aggressive, mostly improvised metal setpiece."

Farangu on
        edited February 2011
        Clearly Ikit Claw and the Doom Flayers would sound just like Motorhead. Fast and dirty.

Morskittar on
        snm_sig.jpg
      • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
        edited February 2011
        I played my first game of Fantasy today :P Our resident Fantasy Pro put together a 1k Brettonian list for me to play, and he fielded some Warriors of Chaos. I learned a ton of stuff, figured out a few tricks that impressed the guy that was teaching me, and ended up making it a pretty close game :P

I now have about 10 days before my tax return gets in to decide if I want to stick with Dwarfs or not :P

Nax on
        The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
      This discussion has been closed.