As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A quick observation on Daylight Savings Time

acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in PAX Archive
Hello and I don't mind this being moved, but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Daylight Savings Time; it kicks in on the Sunday of PAX East. I just haven't seen mentioned much, if at all, and it just occurred to me a few days ago when I was staring at a calendar and put 2 and 2 together.

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

acumen101 on

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All we lose is an hour's sleep :P

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes we were talking about this last prime.

Technically PAX Closes at 3am sunday morning due to this since the clock jumps forward at 2am :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, this is just what my team needs... :/

Thanks for mentioning it though.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Don't worry boss. Sleep, who needs that?

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man
    We are pretty much gonna die

I don't think it will be that bad though, there's usually not a whole lot to film on Sunday. Besides, it can't get any worse than having a couple roommates get destroyed from Stroh and keep the room awake the entire night...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's sure to make things interesting. Last year I planned on going to (I think) a RockBand talk Sunday morning but decided to sleep instead. A touch of the PAX Plague didn't help either.

megacia on
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    Technically PAX Closes at 3am sunday morning due to this since the clock jumps forward at 2am :P

So, just to clarify, this 3am happens after 11pm on Saturday? That is to say, there is a whole day of PAX after the time-change?

Just to be extra sure for those of us who would hate to miss flights ;-)

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

So, just to clarify, this 3am happens after 11pm on Saturday? That is to say, there is a whole day of PAX after the time-change?

See the FAQ Thread
    EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 11th, 2011 - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, March 13th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    e-lue-lu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yes, terretoires. 02:00 Sunday morning automatically become 03:00 Sunday morning. All it means is that if you were planning on going to sleep before 2 AM, you will get one less hour of sleep, and the next day, 10:00 AM is going to feel more like 9:00, etc.

People travelling from overseas will likely have their circadian rhythms so screwy that this won't matter.

EDIT: to direct to correct poster.

e-lu on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And those of us from the west coast are even more fucked. The +3 hours was bad enough last year, +4 will probably kill me. It'll still be worth it though. :)

ravemonger on
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Haha, yep, travelling from the UK, so I should be roughly 5 hours out of wack, although usually I breeze through jet-lag. Let this be the year that I am proved wrong by my bravado!

Was just more concerned with the time change happening on Monday. If it's still a PAX day, I'm not worried. Missing a panel would be a shame, but missing my flight home would be a little more of a shame, haha.

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique