As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

ArthilArthil Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Have you always wanted to be like this dude?
batman.jpg

Or maybe this guy?
Superman.jpg

Or this Amazon?
wonderwoman.jpg

Well you can, in DC Universe Online! Kind of, it's complicated. And here's me swiping the beginning of another forums thread!

Okay WTF is this?

Official Site: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
Platforms: PC and PS3
Genre: MMO
Release Dates: January 11, 2011 (US), January 12, 2011 (Europe/Asia/Africa), January 14, 2011 (UK)

View Cinematic Trailer
Fractured Future Trailer
What is it?
DC Universe Online is the only next-generation massively multiplayer online action game that delivers unparalleled physics-powered combat set in the DC Universe. This genre-defining game puts the power of the DC Super Heroes and Villains into the palm of your hands…The next legend is YOU!

•Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes, delivering a level of action that is unparalleled in the MMO segment.
•Choose your side, superhero or villain, as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
•Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…The next legend is YOU!
•Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
•Take advantage of the state-of-the-art physics engine and use objects in the world around you as weapons, including even your enemies!
•Players will create their own DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers.
•Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
•Gameplay is optimized for both the PS3 computer entertainment system and PC.
•Explore the DC Universe; walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of the futuristic cityscape of Metropolis and travel to legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower.

Go here to read up on the rest of it, the post was too good to not use but also too good to outright copy paste!

I've read all that, sounds cool, where do I hang out with equally cool PA Dudes?

First things first, go and join our Steam Group for simple inviting into the PC Leagues! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCArcadians

PC Dudes
The Arcadians
Contact anyone not on the red bottom list to try and get an invite, and also mention it in this thread!

League Name: The Arcadians

Leader: Ashtha
Officer: Hailestro

Veterans:
Spitfire_DNG
Khildith_DNG
Dysphoros
Rakaos_DNG
Mystic Shard_DNG
Tornado_DNG
Darkflow_DNG
Sizzle_DNG
Mr Allan_DNG
Ananse_DNG
Knightwatch_DNG
BrokenHawk_DNG
Baratus_DNG
Work_DNG
Iceclasp_DNG

Member:
Beryl Flambeau

Candidates:
Amon Re
Carpy
Star Ember
Lisara
Walter Jones
Blue Celest
Pipistrellus
Frost Point_DNG
Slyde_DNG
Vihar_DNG
Grey Knight_DNG
Pteropus Alecto
Evigilant_DNG
Aegis_DNG
Lord Verement_DNG
Inferno Rose_DNG
Croissanwich_DNG
Van El_DNG
Alamar_DNG
The Raccooner_DNG
Luk_DNG
Northern Light_DNG
Star Breaker_DNG
Thelon_DNG
Punchkicker_DNG
Final Justice_DNG
Giraldus_DNG
Pax Maynard_DNG
COrday
Dr Payback_DNG
Muck Dork_DNG
Wincest_DNG
Maestro Mummy_DNG
Ymir_DNG
Crimson Justice_DNG
Timmy 237_DNG
Morvidus_DNG
Black Feather_DNG
Celeri Styx_DNG
Nature Lass_DNG
Innocent Citizen_DNG
Corrigan_DNG
Iskall_DNG
Kemler
Berylia
ohcomeon
Hatsya_DNG

PAers Currently Not In League as far as I know:

The Cow King - Dr Payback
TexiKen - USAgent
Arcath - Hesperos
MikeMcSomething - Quicks
JimJimBinks - Observer
jdarksun - Ballista
Bad Karma - Red Rooster (rerolled, thanks)(Rerolled to what?) Still Red Rooster, just deleted the original and made a new one, won't be a habit.
Hypertime - Hypertime I'm a nooooooooooooooooob
PikaPuff - Wincest
tallgeeze - Blizzarine

PA Villain League on the PvE Server Darkness Falls
I don't currently have a list of everyone in the League that also includes their forum names, so if you have a Villain on this server with us PLEASE send me a PM with your characters!
Arthil - Volcanonic/Violent Rose
Maguano - Sarcastro
Megamaniaco - Atesh

PS3 Dudes
Going to need people to PM me about this one too, but so far this is what I've got.
Forum name: Samurai6966
PSN Name: Samurai6966
Server: No Man's Land (PS3)
Char name: Cybernexus
League: Manly Tears

Raiek - Villain, Redemption Server, League: Sanity Optional
VanityPants
BEAST!
Mostlyjoe13 - PSN Mostlyjoe

No Mans Land - PVP - Psychopomp (Manly Tears)
No Mans Land - PVP - Urban Arcanist (Black October)

gvandale (assumed, not sure) - Hero, Birthright Server, League: OPRA
Kemal86 - Hero, Crisis Server
mastrius
MasterOfPupets (You mentioned you'd be picking up the PS3 version, not sure if you did)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhuL-NzYIxMxdHNRVmluRXlzX3loTzN3SzVyWXEzMXc&hl=en&authkey=CK_I0vcM#gid=0

Alright I'm in the game, WTF is up with the UI/Chat system?

Yeah we wont deny, it sucks big time and hopefully SOE gets around to fixing some things. But here's some information to help you figure it out.

Help! NPCs and Villains alike are kicking my ass in melee!
The game is about as like an old school fighting game as you can get with an MMO of this caliber, here's some info on the various things that defend against attacks, and the counters to those defenses.

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE GLOWY
I see you've come to be addicted to finding all those shiny looking blue and green (!) and the occasional collection (?). Well have no fear, we're here to help.
Dizzen wrote: »
A couple more blue clue maps, for the two of the Alert instances, HIVE Moon Base and Oolong Island. The more I look around, the more resources I find which have this sort of info, but I figure some folks might find this format more handy.

HIVE Moon Base blue clue Collection :
dcuohivemoonbaseblueclu.png

In order from top to bottom:

Superman:
It's right on top of the southwestern, er, whatever those support structures are, around the platform.

Lex Luthor:
To the east and a bit south of the first clue, this one is on the northeastern side of the ramp. After you get this clue, be sure to look behind the ramp, as you might find a loot box nestled in a space underneath it.

Booster Gold:
Located on top of a building, next to its antenna.

Amanda Waller:
Just hanging out by some rocks.

The last two at the bottom are, in order of left to right, Lois Lane and Amanda Waller (again). Lois Lane's clue is at ground level, at the base of a tower. The Amanda token is tricky to spot, because it is on the _inside_ of the southern leg of that big structure on the southeastern part of the map.

Oolong Island blue clue collection:
dcuooolongislandmapmark.jpg

I ballparked this one more than usual, but hopefully it's clear enough. Roughly from south to north.

Lois Lane: On the top level of a docked yacht

Wonder Woman: Just past the bridge heading north out of the initial area, to the left as you head north off the bridge

Will Magnus: On a hill next to a rocky outcropping, with a tree next to it. The clue is on the west or northwest side of the rock, I think.

Joker: On top of some pipes enter into / emerge from the cliffs.

Batman: On top of the building

Circe: On top of the structure over here

TO Morrow: On top of the building, close to the southern edge

Lex Luthor: Bartender, I'll take a blue clue, on the rocks, floating not stirred.

Lois and Superman: On the roof, by the pipes that come out of the roof.

Chang Tzu: Deep inside (literally with the first part), around the area you fight all those little monitor bots or whatever they were called. It's against a south or southwestern wall, I think up on an uprised spot.
Dizzen wrote: »
Been trying to keep track of where I find clues, and after receiving some help finishing Area 51's blue collection in the steam group chat (thanks, Corrigan) , I figured I'd try to put together some maps / guides to some of the collections.

So, here's Area 51's blue collection.
dcuoarea51bluecluescirc.png

Directions, in clockwise order starting with the west most one.

Area 51: Lois Lane
Just off side of the road.

Area 51: Amanda Waller
Kinda on the edge of the broken up part of the road.

Area 51: Amanda Waller
In the broken up part of the road.

Area 51: Jack Ryder
Just outside the southeast wall of the northeast-most compound (third next-to-last compound you fight in, where you mess with all those security consoles while flipping the neural cores of the robots).

Area 51: Lex Luthor
In a busted up satellite dish kinda northwest-ish of the northern end of the southeastern long road.

Area 51: Superman
In the broken up part of this long stretch of road.

And because it was fairly quick, the Watchtower green clues.
Watchtower Holographic Tokens
dcuowatchtowertokenscir.png

The tokens for the tech, magic, and meta wings are near vendors. The hub token is on the top level of where that northern dot is.

I'll be making more as I sort through my screenshot folder and find completed sets.

I NEED MOAR
This should help you find all those glowing things, especially in the damned Alerts!
http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=12790
http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/tag/briefing/

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
Arthil on

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good job on OP. The great irony is that I forgot mine even existed, then I went crazy and became a lifetime subscriber to the game.

Ceno on
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good OP. I updated the Google Docs Spreadsheet with my character info for PS3.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good OP, need those maps.

I'm leaving work early for the weekend, going to see if getting on game earlier in the day lessens the PvP gankings or enhances them (I've always wondered this for weekday traffic).

TexiKen on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of Ambush Bug, my girlfriend was playing through the tutorial with a new alt yesterday, and in the section with the explosive barrels and trash, ambush bug was walking around o.O She was able to talk to him, and he said something about the vault but Calculator's automatic speech interrupted him so we never heard all of what we had to say.

Anybody else experience this? Was it a glitch or does he have some random chance to appear?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grey Knight was just invited to the Hero league last night, so no need to keep me in the "not in" list...

Also, I can use the steam group chat in-game if I use the "Add a Non-steam game..." and add this to my library, right? Because I got a boxed version of the game, and therefore do not have it on Steam.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    Speaking of Ambush Bug, my girlfriend was playing through the tutorial with a new alt yesterday, and in the section with the explosive barrels and trash, ambush bug was walking around o.O She was able to talk to him, and he said something about the vault but Calculator's automatic speech interrupted him so we never heard all of what we had to say.

Anybody else experience this? Was it a glitch or does he have some random chance to appear?

I've seen him in there before as well, but the speech thing happened to me too.

Ceno on
  • buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Riale wrote: »

He randomly appears. I've had it happen a few times. He says something amusing along the lines of "Oh hey, a new player, my favorite kind of person"

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know in the Hall of Doom's Pit area you talk to him and he will say something about going to a Vault or buying Vault tickets to get more than one chance at the Vault a day. Also, nice OP.

samurai6966 on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In reference to Ambush Bug in the title, I hope they add more vaults and more vault-like activities. Its a nice break from the routine of "kill X enemies and receive Y loot." Instead its just "here's free presents for you to open and they might have cool costume pieces for you."

Lucascraft on
  • buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like it when Ambush Bug talks about wanting Argyle Socks from the Vault, but he never gets them :P

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Uh, Villains do not get enough love in the OP. What if we want to be like Lex Luthor, Joker or Circe?

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I just watched the trailer, and I was kind of disappointed the game didn't open in that same post-apocalyptic landscape luthor just got done killing superman in

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just hit 30 this afternoon and got an alt up to 10. I got a few duos in which were pretty fun, haven't been able to get a queue for the hardmodes yet though.

wusoldjr on
    edited January 2011
    Man, I just watched the trailer, and I was kind of disappointed the game didn't open in that same post-apocalyptic landscape luthor just got done killing superman in

I think the tie-in comic handles this as well as the war before the opening movie.

Having the hardest time finding Clayface, he's the one wanted I haven't done yet; in the orange box he's supposed to be in, I'm looking for someone named "odd Joker henchman" or whatnot, but can't find him even after a fair amount of respawn time just in case someone else got him.

TexiKen on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »

I think the tie-in comic handles this as well as the war before the opening movie.

Having the hardest time finding Clayface, he's the one wanted I haven't done yet; in the orange box he's supposed to be in, I'm looking for someone named "odd Joker henchman" or whatnot, but can't find him even after a fair amount of respawn time just in case someone else got him.

he's just outside the box, next to a "Pub" building. he walks 2 sides of that building, then resets.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bugger, I've done the 'Rescue Superman from the Hall of Doom via the Daily Planet' mission (whatever it was called), but couldn't find the last green token! Apparently it's the one between the first and second token in the list?

Gaaaaah must get green shiny!

Euphoriac on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bleh at military blocking pa forums.

here's all the icons you need: http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/tag/briefing/

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »

for me he spawned as the clayface model so *shrugs*

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aaaaand now i've been hit by the dreaded emblem bug. Wouldn't let me select the Justice League Emblem as my reward, and instead gave me a mediocre necklace :evil:

Euphoriac on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I think something might be up with Clayface's spawn; the other night my friends and I were playing (we're on New Frontier on the PC) and could hear him stomping around a particular corner of his box but couldn't see or interact with anything there.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is this tie-in comic available online somewhere?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Kemal86Kemal86 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I was making a spreadsheet of all the level 30 Controller armor sets to see the stat distribution (To help me figure out how I should be gearing myself). I bought three of the Controller Tier 1 PvP Gear and then I realized something and am super pissed.

PvP Controller gear has Dominance. DOMINANCE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING IN PVP. NOTHING AT ALL. AT ALL! In PvE it increases the duration of holds and stuns and crap but it doesn't effect PLAYERS at all. The stat is useless and is sucking up the item budget from Might and Power.

Ugh. How does this happen? Really wish I could get me ~500+ Influence back and purchase the DPS PvP gear. Between this + the Controller Aggro bug in Alerts + all in-game sound cutting out 75% of the time I think I'm going to take a week or two break from the game and hope that in that time they post a roadmap for updates or a preview of a big future patch outlining all the bugs that will be fixed soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that using Stuns and Holds as a Controller in PvP is useless anyways since so many people have passive abilities that give them Power regen when they use Break-out, so you're just juicing up your enemies if you hold them.

Kemal86 on
    i used to test games now i sit on my couch and am lazy all day
    PKMN White FC: 0046 2138 1298
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kemal86 wrote: »
    So I was making a spreadsheet of all the level 30 Controller armor sets to see the stat distribution (To help me figure out how I should be gearing myself). I bought three of the Controller Tier 1 PvP Gear and then I realized something and am super pissed.

PvP Controller gear has Dominance. DOMINANCE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING IN PVP. NOTHING AT ALL. AT ALL! In PvE it increases the duration of holds and stuns and crap but it doesn't effect PLAYERS at all. The stat is useless and is sucking up the item budget from Might and Power.

Ugh. How does this happen? Really wish I could get me ~500+ Influence back and purchase the DPS PvP gear. Between this + the Controller Aggro bug in Alerts + all in-game sound cutting out 75% of the time I think I'm going to take a week or two break from the game and hope that in that time they post a roadmap for updates or a preview of a big future patch outlining all the bugs that will be fixed soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that using Stuns and Holds as a Controller in PvP is useless anyways since so many people have passive abilities that give them Power regen when they use Break-out, so you're just juicing up your enemies if you hold them.

Dominance does NOT increase CC duration, it increases the amount of damage the CC'd target can take before it breaks because of damage. Also, get it high enough, and you can CC things that normally cannot be CCed (which, by my understanding, includes "Controllers and Healers who just popped thier PvP breakout trinket").

As for power regen from breakout, unless SoE screwed up somewhere, I very, very much doubt that the power regen passives your movement mode can give you from breakouts equals how much you spent in the first place (unless a breakout costs only 150 power at every level.) Even if it did, it takes 10 seconds to get all that power; the CC immunity you get from using regular tap-block breakout lasts 2, at most.

...Then there is the fact that the stuns and knockdown from a successful Interrupt/Block Breaker/Block in PvP ignore CC immunity in the first place, and 99% of people still use breakout on them, even though they last only a couple of seconds...

...So unless he has a controller of his own pumping him full of power, he will eventually run out of power and won't be able to use breakout, at which point that Dominance stat comes into play, because you can wail on him now without having to worry if the damage you are doing is going to break him out of whatever CC effect you have on him.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me and my brother are looking into getting this early next month. I was in beta and at that point at least low levels seemed pretty fun. So, a few questions. How long does it take to go from 1-30? What is there to do at 30 at this point? How big of a difference is there between solo and a 2 person party, does it open up much of anything or just make what you could do solo a bit easier?

KurnDerak on
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Me and my brother are looking into getting this early next month. I was in beta and at that point at least low levels seemed pretty fun. So, a few questions. How long does it take to go from 1-30? What is there to do at 30 at this point? How big of a difference is there between solo and a 2 person party, does it open up much of anything or just make what you could do solo a bit easier?

I got to 30 in about 4 days (so maybe 16 hours total) of zero grinding and just doing soloable quests. I'd imagine grouping up with someone wouldn't do much other than make it a bit easier and safer (if you plan on playing on a pvp server)

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
    edited January 2011
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Kemal86 wrote: »

Dominance does NOT increase CC duration, it increases the amount of damage the CC'd target can take before it breaks because of damage. Also, get it high enough, and you can CC things that normally cannot be CCed (which, by my understanding, includes "Controllers and Healers who just popped thier PvP breakout trinket").

As for power regen from breakout, unless SoE screwed up somewhere, I very, very much doubt that the power regen passives your movement mode can give you from breakouts equals how much you spent in the first place (unless a breakout costs only 150 power at every level.) Even if it did, it takes 10 seconds to get all that power; the CC immunity you get from using regular tap-block breakout lasts 2, at most.

...Then there is the fact that the stuns and knockdown from a successful Interrupt/Block Breaker/Block in PvP ignore CC immunity in the first place, and 99% of people still use breakout on them, even though they last only a couple of seconds...

...So unless he has a controller of his own pumping him full of power, he will eventually run out of power and won't be able to use breakout, at which point that Dominance stat comes into play, because you can wail on him now without having to worry if the damage you are doing is going to break him out of whatever CC effect you have on him.

Dominance allowing you to hit a held enemy more times before the hold breaks effectively means the CC can last longer the more dominance you have. I knew this, it's what I meant, but I wasn't as clear as I should have been, so thanks for pointing that out.

HOWEVER. Dominance still does NOTHING in PvP, which is the crux of my anger since I just spent all my influence on Controller PvP Gear. It does not increase the amount of damage a held player can take before the hold breaks. It doesn't. At all. It does nothing. The stat is nothing but a useless waste of the item budget on Controller PvP Gear. I am basing this claim on my own experience + tons and tons of posts on the official forums. Apparently in Beta dominance used to work against other players but it was changed at some point to not effect players, but the gear was never adjusted accordingly.

I actually just double-checked one of the forum threads about this and it is being looked into by the developers.

Kemal86 on
    edited January 2011
    What is considered the best armor once you get to level 30? The same with Weapons vendors, is it Hawkman?

I Reached 30 yesterday and still have a few missions to finish up before getting into the PVP endgame stuff. And Good Lord do the villains swarm little bohemia in the evening. One cool thing that happened with the Ring War was that a group of 6 villains were camping the area until about 20 heroes showed up and made them be on the receiving end of ganks for a bit, even taking the fight to their respawn bubble just to teach them a lesson. It made me happy.

TexiKen on
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to try this game since I used to play CoH but it looks more like a fighting game. Is there a free trial for this game?

EDIT: Nvm. I checked the site and couldn't find any free trial. Maybe in a few months I guess

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • RigellRigell Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can never find anyone that's online, do we have a steam group at all? Can someone on Death and Glory from the hero league invite me? IncidentZero Got to 30 on a pve realm and got kind of bored. Figured I'd reroll here

Rigell on
    Skobes.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I hear Ambush Bug is in every zone, and there is an achievement or whatever for finding every instance of him.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rigell wrote: »
    I can never find anyone that's online, do we have a steam group at all? Can someone on Death and Glory from the hero league invite me? IncidentZero Got to 30 on a pve realm and got kind of bored. Figured I'd reroll here

I've never actually played the game but I just read this and it's saying that you can't see people from your league online unless they're your friends. I'm guessing that means you can only see when your friends are online.

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe it's because I'm a huge comic geek or maybe it's because I've been waiting for it for a year and a half but I really do like this game...ignoring the clunky UI of course.

RandomAtom on
    EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
    edited January 2011
    Rigell wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCArcadians is the empty empty hole that is the PA steam group. if I see you tell me your name there I'll invite you if I'm around

edit: just invited incidentzero, hope that's you. cuz lolololol league chat's down again

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2011
    sweet. i'm now one of the many that grabbed the not-JLA emblem item. Wonder why they even give people a choice there.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

It makes what you could solo a lot easier. The respawns in public areas are fast enough that you'll be really grateful for someone covering your back.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I usually duo with my girlfriend in MMOs, and I tried leveling a few characters solo in DCUo. Maybe it was just that I chose controller, but I found myself dying left and right. The ability to heal/tank or just someone to watch your back really makes life easier.

Also, I'd just like to destroy all the controllers out there in Alerts who stay in DPS mode. Love, your hyperventilating out of power healer.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

It makes what you could solo a lot easier. The respawns in public areas are fast enough that you'll be really grateful for someone covering your back.

This. Really wish I had a duo buddy while leveling to 30. Half the time it was ok, but the other half of the time the INSANE respawn rates for enemies in certain areas was a huge pain in the ass. (I'm looking at you, Venom addicts near the Cape Carmine Lighthouse and you, Yellow Lanterns near Metropolis Town Hall).

Kemal86 on
  • NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so you can respec fighting style and costume. what about rechoosing powers from ice to fire?

NargorothRiP on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree with my wife. The "Smashy - Smashy" is one of the best parts of instance runs.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I think I am done with this game for now. I may come back when the level 30s have more to do than bottom feed.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.