As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Body Art belongs in Artist's Corner right?

FoltzFoltz Registered User new member
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
165353477_546707616_0.jpg
I decided my first tatoo should be a game tat. Triforce came to mind, but then I saw Gabe's tat while browsing through the older comics (again) and knew exactly what needed to be done...

Foltz on

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did you do that yourself?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did you actually permanently marked that on your skin?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can't think of a worse tattoo you'd want to have in prison.

Uh, besides like a penis or something.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You've got nice and clean-shaven legs. I like that.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *yawn*

needs more boobs

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    *yawn*

needs more boobs

Yes, and some snakes on fire tangling around a dagger with green venom on it.

Ooh ohh - and an 8-ball!

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sometimes I see ppl with backwards Chinese characters on their arms.

Me - "Nice tat, dude."
    Dude - "It's my daughter's name in Chinese, her name is Angela."
    Me - "Oh."
    Dude - "This is the A, this is the n-g-e-l-a."
    Me - "Right."

In all seriousness, here's what I think of this tattoo: Characters such as pacman, sonic the hedgehog, mickey mouse and other silouhet recognizable characters loose their identity when their colors change.

Have you ever seen a boot-legged action figure? It's alot like the original toy, but not quite the same. This is what you have here. Pacman is yellow, you've taken his identity away by making him black. It's like a cheap Pacman on your arm. Also, it makes your arm look girly.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, you got a point. It looks like an arm-bracelet. With a negro-pacman on it.

Which is actually pretty cool... Or strange.

And I'm sure those chinese tatoo artists are having a ball when they print "Fried Chicken - 5 dollars" on some guys arm, telling him it means "Virtue" or some shit.

I wouldn't know, though. I only know one alphabet.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That's true for some things, but Pacman is both iconic and the least complicated videogame character in history outside of Adventure. You can pretty much recognize him by shape alone, especially with the dots.

But, I dunno, why would you want to get a tattoo because someone else had the exact same tattoo? I'd figure you'd want something that would be yours.

But at least it's not your girlfriend's name or a full color Clone Wars panorama featuring Banking Clan aliens.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Fugitive wrote: »
    But at least it's not your girlfriend's name or a full color Clone Wars panorama featuring Banking Clan aliens.

:lol:

Anyway, body art might have a place in the Artist's Corner but since you neither designed the tattoo nor did the actual tattooing and it's incredibly simple/lame I'mma lock this up.

DMAC on
This discussion has been closed.