As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Soy Un [Chat]edor

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    68% on my most recent chem homework :/

I was going to say 68% isnt bad at all for chemistry but then I forget you are in the states and my university's grading scheme is different and a bit retarded actually.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Than, I live here. I've watched gay couples hold hands. Nary a stick, rock nor bottle was thrown. I haven't lived in Austin, but I've also talked to gays who do live there. They say they might get the odd snide remark but they aren't living in fear. Now going outside the cities, yes there is a horrendous problem.
    Yeah, seems like a great place. And I hear the cops were super-helpful with catching those guys, and totally didn't just tell the entire gay community to fuck off and die.

Thanatos on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    baths are great

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2011
    2 more for LoL?

Casual Eddy on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Done with Japan or are they kicking you out?

I still like it, but the gf hates her school so much and changing jobs here is a bitch (this is from a friend of mine who was working as an engineer here). The majority mentality here is basically you do one job for the rest of your life.

Yeah, the main thing to get your brain around in the states then will be that the way to advance is to change jobs. Sticking with one company for 5 years is a "long haul". Some places (Amazon, Microsoft, Google) have benefits so good that holding yourself back by sticking with one company works out. But, especially if you are a contractor, you have to be willing to walk for a better offer.

Hm... I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :) I just like doing different things to get new experiences.

We just haven't really been aggressively applying yet (tossed my resume around to like 2 companies, she hasn't done anything that I know of) mostly because we just still can't decide where we want to live. We both think it might be easier to get started down in Aussie land where she's from. *shrug*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited January 2011
    baths are great
    Baths are gross.

Thanatos on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh my gosh than how can you be so wrong

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I cant remember the last time I took a bath.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited January 2011
    yissss 1 moar for lulz with p. puppies and myself

nevermind

Casual Eddy on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    baths are great
    Baths are gross.
    says the guy who pees in the shower

MikeMan on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wonder if by the time I get to Toronto UBB will already be gone.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand what's gross about a bath. it's about as gross as sleeping in your bed

Casual Eddy on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    standard sized bathtubs are too small

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited January 2011
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

yes that's true. You need a big tub or else the water goes cold far too quickly

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2011
    baths are great
    Baths are gross.
    There is nothing wrong with peeing in the shower.

Taking a bath--which is to say, sitting around and soaking in your own filth--is disgusting.

Thanatos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Than, I live here. I've watched gay couples hold hands. Nary a stick, rock nor bottle was thrown. I haven't lived in Austin, but I've also talked to gays who do live there. They say they might get the odd snide remark but they aren't living in fear. Now going outside the cities, yes there is a horrendous problem.
    Yeah, seems like a great place. And I hear the cops were super-helpful with catching those guys, and totally didn't just tell the entire gay community to fuck off and die.

And Seattle had people making threats of ricin attacks on gay bars. And it's not unknown in Seattle either.

Thomamelas on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this thread is a loser, baby

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2011

No, they're just too narrow for tall people.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited January 2011
    baths are great
    Baths are gross.

Taking a bath--which is to say, sitting around and soaking in your own filth--is disgusting.

again, how is that different than sleeping in your bed? your sheets and pillow case after a week or two are surely more disgusting than what you would find in a bath tub.

Casual Eddy on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »

so why don't you kill it

Evil Multifarious on
    edited January 2011
    And Seattle had people making threats of ricin attacks on gay bars. And it's not unknown in Seattle either.
    You will have incidents like that pretty much anywhere, occasionally; the differences are 1) you didn't have a crowd of people standing around and watching, just letting shit happen, in Seattle; and 2) the cops fucking arrested the guy, instead of saying "sorry, y'all, yer SOL."

But hey, I'm sure if instead of gay people, it had been a television set, and instead of white rednecks, it had been a couple of Mexicans, the people of Austin would have been all over that shit.

Thanatos on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    baths are great
    Baths are gross.

again, how is that different than sleeping in your bed? your sheets and pillow case after a week or two are surely more disgusting than what you would find in a bath tub.

You know you should probably be washing your sheets every week.

Crimson King on
    edited January 2011

Why in the world would you let your sheets and pillow case go without a wash for two weeks?

Your people are supposed to be clean, Eddy.

Thanatos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You will have incidents like that pretty much anywhere, occasionally; the differences are 1) you didn't have a crowd of people standing around and watching, just letting shit happen, in Seattle; and 2) the cops fucking arrested the guy, instead of saying "sorry, y'all, yer SOL."

But hey, I'm sure if instead of gay people, it had been a television set, and instead of white rednecks, it had been a couple of Mexicans, the people of Austin would have been all over that shit.

They didn't get the guy making the ricin threats. My guess is the local cops were too busy tracking down local horse fuckers.

Thomamelas on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ....I almost never wash my sheets.

I should fix this.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The one in my apartment might as well be a shower stall. It's 3 and a half feet long (106cm). It's useless for an adult.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    well if you're a night showerer like me you can go longer :P
    i wash mine monthly

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    not tired but i need to go to sleeeeeeeep bitches

MikeMan on
    edited January 2011

Why in the world would you let your sheets and pillow case go without a wash for two weeks?

Your people are supposed to be clean, Eddy.

it's an example

it's unreasonable to wash your sheets once a week, right?

in one week you lay in your bed for 6-8 hours every night, and a lot of people don't bathe until the morning. You're telling me that a bath from one day is more dirt than than your sheets after a week?

I really, really doubt it

Casual Eddy on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

They didn't get the guy making the ricin threats. My guess is the local cops were too busy tracking down local horse fuckers.

Dude, not cool. It's a victimless crime! No one can resist their silky manes and supple haunches.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    imagine all the dead skin on your sheets after a few weeks

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011

yeah seriously than that's a really dumb argument

I mean some skinheads beat a Nigerian immigrant to death in Portland not so long ago either

just because a place is generally super liberal doesn't mean it's completely free of criminally bigoted people

Probably the most secure places for oppressed groups are where they dominate the local culture (San Francisco, Atlanta, etc), but that's not the same thing as "liberal."

Fartacus on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »

so why don't you kill it

Get crazy with the cheese whiz!

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited January 2011

It's a bit harder to catch someone sending anonymous letters than it is to catch a bunch of rednecks who beat up some gay people in front of scores of witnesses. What the police were "busy" doing was coordinating with the bar owners and the FBI to try to catch the fuckers that did it, as opposed to just saying "eh, we're never gonna catch the guys; fuck off."

Thanatos on
    edited January 2011

As to the bystanders, my guess is it might have something to do with Austin's gigantic bar scene and huge college population. I think people in Austin are pretty inured to bar fights, and once the pummeling starts it's hard to tell a hate-crime from just some dudes beefing.

That's just my guess. I lived in Austin for a month (rooming with a couple of gay guys, no less) and it seemed and I was told that it's generally very gay friendly, as well as overwhelmingly liberal.

It's pretty much the Portland of Texas. Which is a fair analogy, because the rest of Oregon is about as red as the rest of Texas is. It's just that there's a lot more of red Texas than of red Oregon.

edit: also big surprise cops are dickheads everywhere. Of all people I'm shocked you would make a statement that implies there are places where cops aren't conservative douches.

Again, no matter how liberal, the only place I'd expect cops to be really sympathetic to the gay community would be SF, and only because there are a shitload of gay cops and the city is culturally defined by the gay culture there

Fartacus on
    edited January 2011

The one in my apartment might as well be a shower stall. It's 3 and a half feet long (106cm). It's useless for an adult.

That's like mine, plus the tub comes up to about my knees, and I'm 6'1~ish

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited January 2011
    Fartacus wrote: »
    As to the bystanders, my guess is it might have something to do with Austin's gigantic bar scene and huge college population. I think people in Austin are pretty inured to bar fights, and once the pummeling starts it's hard to tell a hate-crime from just some dudes beefing.

That's just my guess. I lived in Austin for a month (rooming with a couple of gay guys, no less) and it seemed and I was told that it's generally very gay friendly, as well as overwhelmingly liberal.

It's pretty much the Portland of Texas. Which is a fair analogy, because the rest of Oregon is about as red as the rest of Texas is. It's just that there's a lot more of red Texas than of red Oregon.
    The difference is that the population of Portland can outvote most of the rest of the state; the population of Austin isn't even a blip on the radar in Texas.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2011
    It's a bit harder to catch someone sending anonymous letters than it is to catch a bunch of rednecks who beat up some gay people in front of scores of witnesses. What the police were "busy" doing was coordinating with the bar owners and the FBI to try to catch the fuckers that did it, as opposed to just saying "eh, we're never gonna catch the guys; fuck off."

threats of ricin attacks are also somewhat more serious than assault, even if it is a hate-crime

mass murder generally trumps assault, and tends to draw in federal authorities

Fartacus on
    edited January 2011
    God, I fucking hate Catholics.

Rape a child? Well, we'll transfer you.

Save a woman's life? Unforgivable. You must be excommunicated.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2011
    Fartacus wrote: »

The difference is that the population of Portland can outvote most of the rest of the state; the population of Austin isn't even a blip on the radar in Texas.

yes but Austin is still about as liberal as Portland

I think it's important to not confuse "liberal" with "safe for oppressed groups."

Certainly I think plenty of queer, black, Muslim, Latino, can tell you that living in a town full of white liberals is not the same thing as being safe and welcomed.

Fartacus on
This discussion has been closed.