As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mini video recorder issues

JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
I've got a Kodak ZX1 mini camcorder, kind of like a Flip mini. It's been decent for me, but it seems to be completely shitting the bed lately. I'll go to record a new clip, and it'll just automatically stop after a given interval - and the interval keeps getting shorter. Like the clips from a few months ago are all 58-62 seconds long; the clips from a month ago are all ~30 seconds long; the most recent clips are only a few seconds before it stops recording.

I can't figure out any reason it would be doing this. None of the troubleshooting even mentions it. I've tried emptying and reformatting the SD card, and nothing helps. Has anyone had this before with a similar device?

JihadJesus on

• Options
    JollusJollus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe the battery is going? Is it a rechargable?

Jollus on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Runs on AAs, which are rechargeable. It's not turning off though, just ending the record function. I've charged the batteries once since I started happening at least, but it didn't seem to change anything. Maybe I should try it with some standard single use batteries and see if that helps.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can you reset it somehow? Can you change the firmware?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!