As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kirby Wii? Actually happening?

2»

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Darlan wrote: »
    Opium wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I'm loving this 2D comeback. Here's hoping the trend is still around when Nintendo brings out their HD console.

Yup. NSMB, DK Returns, now this Kirby game? excellent stuff.

Does Other M count
    Absolutely not.

I dunno, never played it. Doesn't sound like it though; didn't Team Ninja make that one?

KalTorak on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm loving this 2D comeback. Here's hoping the trend is still around when Nintendo brings out their HD console.

Does Other M count
    Absolutely not.

I dunno, never played it. Doesn't sound like it though; didn't Team Ninja make that one?

Yes they did, and it is not really 2D in the same sense. There are 2D sections to it, but for the majority of the game you have full 8 directional movement.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    New Kirby > Potential old Kirby that was just Kirby game shoe horned into Smash Brothers.

Sheep on
  • OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011

Does Other M count
    Absolutely not.

Retro Studios made DKCR

Opium on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It looks pretty good. I haven't played my Wii for awhile. My PS3 has been getting all the love lately.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Zierath wrote: »
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    The best Kirby is still Kirby's Adventure on NES.

Basically all I'm asking for is that exact game again with updated hand drawn graphics.

That came out on GBA, called itself Nightmare in Dreamland.

Also didn't have the terrible slowdown of the NES game.

You mean Kirby bullet time?

And the bonus game of being able to play through the entire game as meta-knight after 100% completion.
    I am suddenly reminded of Squak Squad's 100% bonus.

"You got 100% completion! Now let's see how fast you can do the exact same thing!"

Enlong on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got so bored playing the first ever Kirby game on The OG Gameboy, that I avoided him for years. SSBB made me rethink it though, and Epic Yarn's art made me purchase. I loved it, but since it was supposedly unlike other Kirbys, I am still hesitant.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know the first kirby game is also unlike other kirby games. Go get Superstar on VC or DS.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got so bored playing the first ever Kirby game on The OG Gameboy, that I avoided him for years. SSBB made me rethink it though, and Epic Yarn's art made me purchase. I loved it, but since it was supposedly unlike other Kirbys, I am still hesitant.

Give Kirby Superstar a try if you can. It's one of, if not the best traditional Kirby game.

Turkey on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nah, play Adventure first.

Better than Superstar anyway.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Crystal Shards is still my favorite Kirby game. Combining powers was awesome, and the three hidden shards in every level to unlock the real final boss was a pretty good challenge. The visuals were amazing for the 64, too.

Heleor on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I still want to pick up epic yarn. It looked pretty fun.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    I still want to pick up epic yawn. It looked pretty

fixed

Opium on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My favorite Kirby game is Kirby Super Star. The stuff it introduced, like helpers and powers granting multiple moves, were absent in Kirby 64. Kirby 64 also felt very slow-paced to me.

Hexmage-PA on
    edited January 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    My favorite Kirby game is Kirby Super Star. The stuff it introduced, like helpers and powers granting multiple moves, were absent in Kirby 64. Kirby 64 also felt very slow-paced to me.

Well, that's because the two games were made by different people.

Enlong on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have fond memories of clapping my hands while my brothers were playing the samurai game.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Super Star is amazing and awesome

Adventure was great when I was a kid, but nowadays it feels a little too slow-paced and the control is pretty stiff. I'd love a nice update of it.

This game looks amazing, by the way. I still haven't played Epic Yarn despite owning it. I don't know. I'm kinda not looking forward to it since it's not really a Kirby game.

UnbreakableVow on
  • redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A new Kirby Wii game will be coming out. Expect something at E3.

redshoepaul on
  • OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011
    Adventure was great when I was a kid, but nowadays it feels a little too slow-paced and the control is pretty stiff. I'd love a nice update of it.
    O_o

That's exactly what Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA is.

Opium on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    O_o

And it let's you play as metaknight

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Htown wrote: »
    Nah, play Adventure first.

Better than Superstar anyway.

Ahaha! That's a funny joke! You're a funny guy.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited January 2011
    Super Star is amazing and awesome

This game looks amazing, by the way. I still haven't played Epic Yarn despite owning it. I don't know. I'm kinda not looking forward to it since it's not really a Kirby game.

I sort of wish that Ninty had gone with their original plan and made it a game starring Prince Fluff.

Now, I wonder if this new game is going to bring back stuff like Yo-Yo. That's one of my all-time favorite powers.

Enlong on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    O_o

I remember playing 4-player co-op on Christmas with relatives and that was goddamn awesome.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not quite sure how I feel about Epic Yarn. It's a perfectly decent game, but it's basically the Wario game with a bunch of interesting visual and control gimmicks and far less of the glorious bullshit that makes Wario games what they are.

jothki on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Epic Yarn was awesome. You guys all suck :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

While you unzip and throw buttons. ;)

Heleor on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

While you unzip and throw buttons. ;)

*Golf Clap*

Turkey on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just beat Epic Yarn last week, but there's a lot of stages I didn't unlock yet, and I haven't done very many of the additional minigames yet either. It was a lot of fun to play through, even though there was no real way to lose. It was great for playing with my wife or sister-in-laws though, and for my kids to watch. There aren't a whole lot of games I can play and let my kids watch (ages 3 and 4) that I enjoy playing at the same time. Mario and Kirby, really.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And the music in Epic Yarn was awesome. Hope they awesomify the music in this one, whatever it ends up being.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    O_o

That would be great if I had a GBA

That was actually sarcasm

If I had a GBA, that still wouldn't be great

Big screen, please

UnbreakableVow on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    051903b.jpg

Zxerol on
  • OpiumOpium regular
    edited February 2011
    DS plays GBA games too.

Opium on
    edited February 2011
    DS plays GBA games too.

Not the DSi XL

Which is what I have

UnbreakableVow on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »
    051903b.jpg

That is the whole reason I kept my GameCube when I bought a Wii. 2D Metroid on my big TV is the best thing.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png