As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Batthread

1252628303161

Posts

  • Lieutenant SyrupLieutenant Syrup Registered User
    edited January 2006
    It is if you want to laugh all night.

    Lieutenant Syrup on
    Ideologies
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited January 2006
    While I wasn't a fan of DKSA, I find that I often feel that way for differing reasons than other people. Why do you all hate it? Just curious.

    Zodiac Brave on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Shooting people in their sleep. That's low. :|

    Synthetic Orange on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    While I wasn't a fan of DKSA, I find that I often feel that way for differing reasons than other people. Why do you all hate it? Just curious.

    THink it's mostly for the same reasons pepople hate the Matrix sequels; if you make something awesome, its sequel had better retain an equal or greater level of awesome, or else it will seem to suck horribly.

    KalTorak on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    KalTorak wrote:
    While I wasn't a fan of DKSA, I find that I often feel that way for differing reasons than other people. Why do you all hate it? Just curious.

    THink it's mostly for the same reasons pepople hate the Matrix sequels; if you make something awesome, its sequel had better retain an equal or greater level of awesome, or else it will seem to suck horribly.

    That's not the reason why the Matrix sequels sucked.

    Garlic Bread on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Shooting people in their sleep. That's low. :|

    Dude, it was a vampire.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2006
    You know what? I love DK2.

    I realize it's kind of awful. I still love it because it's crazy and enthusiastic. It's like some fifth-grader read DKR and then drew his own sequel. I can't explain it, really, I just had fun reading it.

    Batman and Robin though. Yeesh.

    hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:
    While I wasn't a fan of DKSA, I find that I often feel that way for differing reasons than other people. Why do you all hate it? Just curious.

    THink it's mostly for the same reasons pepople hate the Matrix sequels; if you make something awesome, its sequel had better retain an equal or greater level of awesome, or else it will seem to suck horribly.

    That's not the reason why the Matrix sequels sucked.

    DKSA has a bad art, bad coloring, and a horribly stupid plot.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    What is the order of the Nightwing trades? Right now I have Year One and A Knight In Blüdhaven.

    I read somewhere that the order was:

    Knight in Blüdhaven
    Ties That Bind
    Rough Justice
    Nightwing/Huntress mini
    Love & Bullets
    Darker Shade of Justice

    But Ties That Bind is apparently rare. The only place I've found with it is Amazon, which has it for $125, and it's not even new.

    Garlic Bread on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User
    edited February 2006
    the only good part in DKSA starts with "Bruce, we need to talk." and ends with "Get the hell out of my cave."

    Conditional_Axe on
  • Chaos ZeroChaos Zero Registered User
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    What is the order of the Nightwing trades? Right now I have Year One and A Knight In Blüdhaven.

    I read somewhere that the order was:

    Knight in Blüdhaven
    Ties That Bind
    Rough Justice
    Nightwing/Huntress mini
    Love & Bullets
    Darker Shade of Justice

    But Ties That Bind is apparently rare. The only place I've found with it is Amazon, which has it for $125, and it's not even new.

    I need to know this too, I barely got knight in bludhaven.

    Chaos Zero on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    Chaos Zero wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    What is the order of the Nightwing trades? Right now I have Year One and A Knight In Blüdhaven.

    I read somewhere that the order was:

    Knight in Blüdhaven
    Ties That Bind
    Rough Justice
    Nightwing/Huntress mini
    Love & Bullets
    Darker Shade of Justice

    But Ties That Bind is apparently rare. The only place I've found with it is Amazon, which has it for $125, and it's not even new.

    I need to know this too, I barely got knight in bludhaven.

    After doing some research (zomg oracle), I've found out that Ties That Bind comes before the whole Blüdhaven stuff. As in, has nothing really to do with it. The rest of the order is right, with two more trades coming after Darker Shade of Justice.

    What didn't you understand about Knight in Blüdhaven? The only part that really confused me was [spoiler:863681de0b]the guy beating the hobo, but I've found out that that's the guy who becomes Nite-Wing, a sociopathic vigilante[/spoiler:863681de0b]

    Garlic Bread on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Chaos Zero wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    What is the order of the Nightwing trades? Right now I have Year One and A Knight In Blüdhaven.

    I read somewhere that the order was:

    Knight in Blüdhaven
    Ties That Bind
    Rough Justice
    Nightwing/Huntress mini
    Love & Bullets
    Darker Shade of Justice

    But Ties That Bind is apparently rare. The only place I've found with it is Amazon, which has it for $125, and it's not even new.

    I need to know this too, I barely got knight in bludhaven.

    After doing some research (zomg oracle), I've found out that Ties That Bind comes before the whole Blüdhaven stuff. As in, has nothing really to do with it. The rest of the order is right, with two more trades coming after Darker Shade of Justice.

    What didn't you understand about Knight in Blüdhaven? The only part that really confused me was [spoiler:12e7eb8f84]the guy beating the hobo, but I've found out that that's the guy who becomes Nite-Wing, a sociopathic vigilante[/spoiler:12e7eb8f84]

    I think he meant, "Barely obtained" Knight in Bludhaven, not barely understood. But yeah, the book just plants some seeds.

    Lux on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    The first few issues of Nightwing were really good. Very frantic action scenes.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • MaladictMaladict Registered User
    edited February 2006
    --- :|

    Maladict on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited February 2006
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    robosagogo on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2006
    Just so everyone who is curious about buying this set knows, the 'Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker' is the CUT version unfortunately


    If you purchase the three movies featured from this collection separately the total comes to about 38 dollars, whereas if you buy it in this collection you are paying upwards of 40 dollars.


    I don't get the last one, the list price is 23 dollars. Just need to buy something else to get it over 25 and its free shipping. But yeah its CUT ROTJ apparently.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Oh god, make it shorter

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    What did they cut from RoTJ? I've only seen the uncut one.

    Sars_Boy on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    A lot of stuff during the Joker flashback. It got kinda heavy. Specifically:

    [spoiler:5385fdefad]A lot of the stuff from Joker's home movie[/spoiler:5385fdefad]

    and

    [spoiler:5385fdefad]Instead of Robin shooting Joker, he drops the gun and shoves Joker into his lab table. Joker gets soaked in chemicals and tangled in the wires of his 'electric chair.' Joker tries to get up, slips, accidentally grabs the switch for the chair, and gets fried.[/spoiler:5385fdefad]

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Oh.

    Glad I got the uncut one.

    Sars_Boy on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2006
    Bonk is also gassed in the cut version instead of straight-out shot through the heart.

    DarkWarrior on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    There's a Wikipedia entry that lists all the changes...

    Tach on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Could you link it perhaps?

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    I'm a big TAS Mr Freeze fan (speaking of which, was he only in Beyond once?) and I was pretty disappointed with Sub Zero. It felt kind of rushed to me, of course I wasn't big on that last one they did either, the Batwoman one. Nothing beats Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker...

    Aoi on
  • blackpyrblackpyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Could you link it perhaps?

    Wiki Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

    blackpyr on
    cheAndy.jpg
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Tach on
  • HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    I'm a big TAS Mr Freeze fan (speaking of which, was he only in Beyond once?) and I was pretty disappointed with Sub Zero. It felt kind of rushed to me, of course I wasn't big on that last one they did either, the Batwoman one. Nothing beats Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker...

    I thought Mystery of the Batwoman was nicely sassy and sexy, if not quite as operatic as Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. The blonde chick was especially hot. I was quite happy to see a solo Batman adventure in the TNBA style after a season of Justice League. He'll never be at his best sharing the screen with other 'big' heroes.

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    I'm a big TAS Mr Freeze fan (speaking of which, was he only in Beyond once?) and I was pretty disappointed with Sub Zero. It felt kind of rushed to me, of course I wasn't big on that last one they did either, the Batwoman one. Nothing beats Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker...

    I thought Mystery of the Batwoman was nicely sassy and sexy, if not quite as operatic as Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. The blonde chick was especially hot. I was quite happy to see a solo Batman adventure in the TNBA style after a season of Justice League. He'll never be at his best sharing the screen with other 'big' heroes.

    Especially when they're not even allowed to use any of Batman's rogues. One of the things that irked me was Penguin's voice. I mean I understand the original VA died but at least get someone who sounds kind of like him. He just ended up sounding like Thorne's clone :P Too gruff and harsh.

    Aoi on
  • HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    I'm a big TAS Mr Freeze fan (speaking of which, was he only in Beyond once?) and I was pretty disappointed with Sub Zero. It felt kind of rushed to me, of course I wasn't big on that last one they did either, the Batwoman one. Nothing beats Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker...

    I thought Mystery of the Batwoman was nicely sassy and sexy, if not quite as operatic as Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. The blonde chick was especially hot. I was quite happy to see a solo Batman adventure in the TNBA style after a season of Justice League. He'll never be at his best sharing the screen with other 'big' heroes.

    Especially when they're not even allowed to use any of Batman's rogues. One of the things that irked me was Penguin's voice. I mean I understand the original VA died but at least get someone who sounds kind of like him. He just ended up sounding like Thorne's clone :P Too gruff and harsh.

    David Ogden Stiers... gruff and harsh? We are talking about the man who did Cogsworth's voice in Beauty and the Beast. He does the best pompous British accent in animation.

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Anyone else think that the "The Batman" version of Freeze aint that bad?

    I mean, he is basically an evil Bobby Drake (that cant go human form)

    Sharp101 on
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited February 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBM3A/ref=wl_it_dp/102-2034683-7733748?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4LWS9MYYAD4U&coliid=I3CPLSBZ3ZO9DU&v=glance&n=130

    Can anyone tell me if the version of Return of the Joker in this three-pack is unrated or not?

    Also, how's Sub-Zero?

    I'm a big TAS Mr Freeze fan (speaking of which, was he only in Beyond once?) and I was pretty disappointed with Sub Zero. It felt kind of rushed to me, of course I wasn't big on that last one they did either, the Batwoman one. Nothing beats Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker...

    Indeed. One's better off just watching the episode "Heart of Ice." It's better in all conceivable qualities other than production values. Not to say that Sub Zero was bad, but it certainly wasn't anything special.

    Also, is there a TPB I could pick up that shows the story of Dick Grayson leaving Batman to become Nightwing? Is this perhaps covered in Nightwing: Year One?

    Zodiac Brave on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited February 2006
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Anyone else think that the "The Batman" version of Freeze aint that bad?

    I mean, he is basically an evil Bobby Drake (that cant go human form)
    Not bad looking, but, since his origin was changed to petty thug that gets ice powers for some reason, everything that made the character interesting is gone. Elemental powers aren't that special by themselves.

    robosagogo on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Anyone else think that the "The Batman" version of Freeze aint that bad?

    I mean, he is basically an evil Bobby Drake (that cant go human form)

    Stop right there

    Think about what you are saying.

    Now, hit yourself in the groin.

    Hard.

    Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    Also, is there a TPB I could pick up that shows the story of Dick Grayson leaving Batman to become Nightwing? Is this perhaps covered in Nightwing: Year One?

    That is exactly what Nightwing: Year One is about.

    It's great because Dick says (in one of those thought boxes) "You said it yourself, Bruce. Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb."

    Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Anyone else think that the "The Batman" version of Freeze aint that bad?

    I mean, he is basically an evil Bobby Drake (that cant go human form)

    Stop right there

    Think about what you are saying.

    Now, hit yourself in the groin.

    Hard.
    untitled6cr.jpg

    The Batman's Mr. Freeze is a horrible abomination. I watched an episode because I liked the fighting, then they show Freeze as a commin thieve who makes Ice jokes. I vomited all over the place.

    Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Entirely Appropriate!

    I'm mad I didn't think of that myself.

    Sars_Boy on
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited February 2006
    What the fuck? I've never watched an episode of that shit show but having my favorite Batman villain tampered with in such a way is making me very angry.

    Zodiac Brave on
  • CariblueCariblue Registered User
    edited February 2006
    What the fuck? I've never watched an episode of that shit show but having my favorite Batman villain tampered with in such a way is making me very angry.

    Wait wait wait, you are saying that the Batman:TAS is shit? and secondly calling it shit because they changed Freeze's origin which they did not do at all?

    Cariblue on
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited February 2006
    Cariblue wrote:
    What the fuck? I've never watched an episode of that shit show but having my favorite Batman villain tampered with in such a way is making me very angry.

    Wait wait wait, you are saying that the Batman:TAS is shit? and secondly calling it shit because they changed Freeze's origin which they did not do at all?

    Batman: TAS is awesome. In fact, if you had read any of the previous few posts, you'd have seen that I even specifically mention Heart of Ice as being awesome and that everyone was discussing The Batman.

    Zodiac Brave on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    Cariblue wrote:
    What the fuck? I've never watched an episode of that shit show but having my favorite Batman villain tampered with in such a way is making me very angry.

    Wait wait wait, you are saying that the Batman:TAS is shit? and secondly calling it shit because they changed Freeze's origin which they did not do at all?

    He's talking about The Batman.

    All I know of Mr. Freeze from that is he says, "You're slippery as ice, Batman."

    Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.