As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry to be a noob guys. :( This is my first PAX.... How does this Pokecrawl work? What goes on at a Pokecrawl?

Having been an assistant on all but one of the crawls so far, from my experience this seems to be the general way things go down...

Step 1: Show up at your teams first meetup place. Chat with awesome people, cheer about how much your team rocks and all the others suck, and be an awesome person by finding your Professor/assistant and donating towards Childs Play.

Step 2: Pick a partner from one of the many awesome people about and do your challenge. Some require you challenge someone from another team, and some from your own. Having a printout of the challenges handy is SUPER helpful not just for you, but for your team leaders as well, as they will be asked at least 10,000 times what the challenge is by the end of the night.

Step 3: Find your Professor or one of his assistants again and get it marked off on your scorecard. Once you are done, it's helpful to hang out as far from the bar as possible so other people can get their challenges done as well, it gets BUSY in places during the crawl. :)

Step 4: Follow the group of costume clad nerds as you migrate to the next area and start all over again! Each time through everyone will be progressively more drunk. There will be dancing and singing, name-calling and booing at the other groups when you cross paths, and lots of shenanigans in general. You will get strange looks, possibly have to listen to Atlus sing karaoke, and will hear the pokemon theme song at least a dozen times.

It will ROCK. <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry to be a noob guys. :( This is my first PAX.... How does this Pokecrawl work? What goes on at a Pokecrawl?

Having been an assistant on all but one of the crawls so far, from my experience this seems to be the general way things go down...

Step 1: Show up at your teams first meetup place. Chat with awesome people, cheer about how much your team rocks and all the others suck, and be an awesome person by finding your Professor/assistant and donating towards Childs Play.

Step 2: Pick a partner from one of the many awesome people about and do your challenge. Some require you challenge someone from another team, and some from your own. Having a printout of the challenges handy is SUPER helpful not just for you, but for your team leaders as well, as they will be asked at least 10,000 times what the challenge is by the end of the night.

Step 3: Find your Professor or one of his assistants again and get it marked off on your scorecard. Once you are done, it's helpful to hang out as far from the bar as possible so other people can get their challenges done as well, it gets BUSY in places during the crawl. :)

Step 4: Follow the group of costume clad nerds as you migrate to the next area and start all over again! Each time through everyone will be progressively more drunk. There will be dancing and singing, name-calling and booing at the other groups when you cross paths, and lots of shenanigans in general. You will get strange looks, possibly have to listen to Atlus sing karaoke, and will hear the pokemon theme song at least a dozen times.

It will ROCK. <3

Easily the best explanation of what will be happening Thursday night!

Rdr on
  • JamersJamers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh gosh, not more karaoke! I'm still scarred from last years' Pokécrawl resulting in me on youtube in Jigglypuff ears.

Jamers on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For anyone making trading cards this year, we have a keen new badge for those attending the pub crawl!

badge_pokemon_pubcrawl.png

Everyone is welcome to create their own trading card!

PeasantDave on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DUDE YES KARAOKE.

I'm still buzzing from the Ravenclaw Bohemian Rhapsody at Pax Prime 2010.

Imperfect on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if the Hong Kong is along the bar crawl route, but if all else fails, it's in the heart of the Faneuil Hall area, serves cheap scorpion bowls, test tube shots, $1 "teriyaki chicken on a stick" and karaoke until a pretty late hour depending on the day. Used to go there a couple times a month back in my younger, wilder days. </reminiscent>

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • NendaiNendai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you!, !Bulbasaur. Group B!

Nendai on
    PAX East 2011
    Pokecrawl: Team Bulbasaur Group B|PAX Trading Cards!|PrePAX Dinner
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So if we were to somehow arrange for a pre-emptive donation to be collected for team Bulbasaur in exchange for me cosplaying as Officer Jenny the entire night, would people go for that? =)

If Bulbasaur can raise $3,000 for Child's Play and have it contributed on behalf of our team in time for me to create/assemble it, I'll walk the streets of Boston in a tight blue skirt and green wig. I mean this. (I won't wear heels due to my already poor dexterity, but I'll do my best with the rest.)

If people would actually be willing to make advance donations to the Team Bulbasaur Child's Play pot, perhaps we can talk to Atlus and find a safe way to make that possible. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So if we were to somehow arrange for a pre-emptive donation to be collected for team Bulbasaur in exchange for me cosplaying as Officer Jenny the entire night, would people go for that? =)

If Bulbasaur can raise $3,000 for Child's Play and have it contributed on behalf of our team in time for me to create/assemble it, I'll walk the streets of Boston in a tight blue skirt and green wig. I mean this. (I won't wear heels due to my already poor dexterity, but I'll do my best with the rest.)

If people would actually be willing to make advance donations to the Team Bulbasaur Child's Play pot, perhaps we can talk to Atlus and find a safe way to make that possible. =)

All fundraising must be done during the crawl. It's been that way since the second TWDT. S Orry VT!

Atlus Parker on
    edited January 2011
    Aww, darn! =) I was hoping to give us a distinct advantage. None can resist the urge to donate towards making a fat man dress like a small girl and walk down the streets of a large city at night!

... hmm, on second thought, maybe it's better this way. =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2011
    Aww, darn! =) I was hoping to give us a distinct advantage. None can resist the urge to donate towards making a fat man dress like a small girl and walk down the streets of a large city at night!

... hmm, on second thought, maybe it's better this way. =)

Oh you can still dress like a small girl, we're just trying to avoid the "distinct advantage". ;)

Atlus Parker on
    edited January 2011
    lol =) Hmm... well, I'll consider it!

Team Bulbasaur, remember to bring cash for donations! ;)

VThornheart on
  • SweetwaterkillXSweetwaterkillX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »
    rentfn wrote: »
    I choose you Squirtle! Group A +1

Can't wait!!!! Last year was a blast, thanks for setting it up again. Kings is dead, Long Live Kings!!!

We'll carry the memory of Kings in our hearts as we charge forth into BATTLE!
    Viva Squirtle, Viva Kings!

Seriously, I was there a couple of months ago for a friend's birthday and all I could think was "It just... isn't... the same!"

Maybe peeps could do a meet up at Kings one night during Pax after the pub crawl has happened. Though I know it was hard for me to ever leave the convention center last year once Pax was rolling... I could be pried away in the name of some King's booze (and bowling!)

SweetwaterkillX on
  • PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you! !Bulbasaur:GroupB + 1 at least, possibly +3 if I can talk my other friends into coming. Had an amazing time last year, this is one of the parts of PAX East I'm most looking forward to.

PuddingSenator on
  • snopromisesnopromise Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Team Bulbasaur + 3 please!!

snopromise on
    edited January 2011
    Rosters have been updated.

Remember that Team Green B and Team Yellow B are the only two groups that are currently open. As soon as those fill up we'll reopen normal registration.

We are still looking to fill in a few holes in our leadership especially the sober volunteers. If you have volunteered in the past or I know you from other events please PM me.

Atlus Parker on
  • RanaRana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur: GroupB +1. :)

Rana on
  • UnstaUnsta Fredericton, NBRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Pikachu:GroupB with a +5 !!!

So 6 total.

Unsta on
  • PokeyTurtlePokeyTurtle Rockland, MaineRegistered User new member
    edited January 2011
    This should be fun.

I choose you !Bulbasaur Group B!!!!!!

PokeyTurtle on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Pikachu:GroupB

I gotta represent my forum name i suppose

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If !Charmander Group A reopens, add me +1. Wife drinks, I don't...so I'm willing to be an assistant drunk wrangler to our officer Jenny.

macrogeek on
  • SeanMaherSeanMaher Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU! TEAM B

SeanMaher on
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got my Mewtwo badge last year, I'll be damned if I don't do it again

I choose you !Bulbasaur Group B

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• muttonheadmuttonhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to add a +1 to my !Bulbasaur group A spot

muttonhead on
    @muttonhead104|!Hufflepuff|Team !Bulbasaur!
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, I know it's kinda dumb, but might I suggest that all the PAX Train people form Team !Slowpoke!, since we'd all be arriving late?

feitocomfruta on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, I know it's kinda dumb, but might I suggest that all the PAX Train people form Team !Slowpoke!, since we'd all be arriving late?
    You can all hang out at Dick's for the night (location of the prepax dinner)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    You can all hang out at Dick's for the night (location of the prepax dinner)

Or you can join the campers on team !Snorlax.

It's a legitimate strategy.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • AthenaAthena Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Team Green all the way!

Also I'm the girl who made the pokemon hats last year, I now have an etsy so you can order your hat and get it in plenty of time before the con. I'll probably still bring a few with me for anyone making last minute purchases at the con.

Mention Pax East when you buy it and 20% of the cost will go to Childs Play.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/AthenasWink
    We can also make custom hats of your favorite pokemon upon request.

000ft1cd

Athena on
    edited January 2011
    Athena, you make the best hats in the 'biz ;) Seriously people, these are awesome hats. I still have my Bulbasaur one, I'll be sporting it for sure this year!

VThornheart on
  • ElfertonElferton Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This was absolutely the highlight of Pax East for me last year.

Sign me (+2) up for Team Yellow (Group B)!

Elferton on
  • AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, Team !Bulbasaur +4, so 5 of us total.

btw Athena, I see that Bulbasaur hat and really want one, but it doesn't appear to be on your site. Do you still make those?
    Also...chance of making a Jigglypuff and/or Snorlax hat? Those would be AWESOME

Amycus on
  • AthenaAthena Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm currently out of stock of the bulbasaur color fabric, but I do have some on order and I should have listings up again some time next week.
    We can do jiggly puff and snorlax if someone places an order for them. Our Joltion, shamin and umbrion designs where all the results of someone special ordering them, and then we liked them so much we just kept making them.
    Convo me on etsy if you want to order a custom hat.

Athena on
  • JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Pikachu +2 for group B. Can't wait!

Jerkfish on
  • urchinurchin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, Squirtle! Group A, I guess.

urchin on
  • binhqxbinhqx Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you! !Bulbasaur

binhqx on
  • MassiveKnightMassiveKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pikachu I choose YOU!

+3 please.

MK.

MassiveKnight on
  • regicidalregicidal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you pikachu/B!

regicidal on
  • SofiVonDeathSofiVonDeath Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you! !Pikachu Group B! +3

SofiVonDeath on
  • Amy.LukimaAmy.Lukima Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you Bulbasaur, +1

Amy.Lukima on
    <a href="http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=35369">I'm participating in Extra Life. Please consider donating to help kids in need. </a>
  • ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Going Bulbasaur B +1

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif