As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cross-Country Supertrip 2006 [LOOK HERE]

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    tmonkey wrote:
    So, how 'bout this:

Get sponsors to help support the trip.
    T-Shirts sponsored
    Extra swag, stickers, window clings, etc.

Every person travelling to PAX would be eligible for a PAX Travel Pak, people would register on the site and they'd be mailed a pak. There might be a minimal charge for each pak, but I'd prefer that it be kept under $7 or $8.

Can we get 200 people with Cross-Country Supertrip all wearing their T-Shirts swarming through PAX? 500? 1000?

Definately something I'd love to do. It really depends on a few factors. Sponsors: Clearly the more sponsorship we have, the more we can do, I'd love for the kits to be completely free, but I don't know if that will be possible. Involvement: We need to get the word out there. Tell your friends. The more people that join the supertrip, the better. Non-profit status: I'm currently looking into what I need to do to declare a non-profit organization. Non-profit status may afford us some things we cannot get as a for-profit or simply loose association of people. Keep the ideas coming though. Once the website goes up, it will be much easier to collaborate all the information in one place.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Right now I am planning on getting some shirts done up (mainly some design with my Tag on the back) but I know a guy who does screen printing and he may be able to hook you guys up at least with a nice sized discount if you want shirts printed other than what the sponsors provide....i'll talk to him and see what he says....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    Right now I am planning on getting some shirts done up (mainly some design with my Tag on the back) but I know a guy who does screen printing and he may be able to hook you guys up at least with a nice sized discount if you want shirts printed other than what the sponsors provide....i'll talk to him and see what he says....

Let me know what pricing is and shipping too. I'm going to check around here for something local, but if I can get a better deal including shipping I'll go for it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2006
    I have a PDF of his pricing....if you want PM your e-mail addy and I'll send it on to you....shipping isnt listed but I caught him between meetings so didnt get a chance to ask.....even if a sponsor doenst want to front the cash if each person paid for their shirt it would be maybe $7 a person at the max....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited January 2006
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    It's good to see the GAST/ECST/CCST is in good hands now, ever since it slipped out of my butterfingers. Speaking of which, I'm currently working on a way to get out there so I can be part of the action. Probably far too prohibitively expensive (something like $500 gas each way?) to be possible, but it'd rock.

Where are you coming from and what kind of vehicle do you have? Also what kind of gas milage does it get?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    It's good to see the GAST/ECST/CCST is in good hands now, ever since it slipped out of my butterfingers. Speaking of which, I'm currently working on a way to get out there so I can be part of the action. Probably far too prohibitively expensive (something like $500 gas each way?) to be possible, but it'd rock.

Where are you coming from and what kind of vehicle do you have? Also what kind of gas milage does it get?

Well, I'd be coming from Vancouver BC, and I've got a 2000 Intrepid. The gas costs I worked out were assuming Miami and back. Mostly just an insane idea, but it'd rock. Always game for a road trip, but odds are it won't fly (sup cash $$)

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nutball like that.

de4dmeta1 on
  • ZiggoZiggo Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Whoa, I forget to check the thread for a few days and there's like three more pages on it :shock: .
    I can't write any type of programming but I'm all up for manual labor if it's needed, chattin' with sponsors, morale support, brain storming (pm me if ya want my chat add, more used to chatting than forum posting...).
    I'm still willing to hop in a trunk if I can get to PAX! (hmm, note to self, see if anyone wants to sponsor "Trunking to PAX" to pay for my journey...) Don't make me hitch-hike! I'll do it!! :^:

Ziggo on
    We aren't the beginning, nor the end, but we can sure as hell make a difference if we try.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    On the idea of car company sponsorship, a national rental company might not be a bad thing to look into, international recognition, and if something happpened to the car (assuming the decided to sponsor us with cars), they could be serviced or replaced at just about any rental place they own, and even returned (most times) at the other rental place.

Unknown User on
    edited January 2006
    also gas would be a good idea, b/c although i can afford an ok amount of money, the cheaper the better. and if we got a discount through a card, we could all just fill on one tab, split it and leave. Saving however much of a discount they would possibly offer.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Esko wrote:
    I have a PDF of his pricing....if you want PM your e-mail addy and I'll send it on to you....shipping isnt listed but I caught him between meetings so didnt get a chance to ask.....even if a sponsor doenst want to front the cash if each person paid for their shirt it would be maybe $7 a person at the max....

I took a look at the pdf, there's only one problem, they only have pricing for WHITE shirts. Unfortunately, I will not be making ANY white shirts. All shirts will be black, so the hunt still goes for the shirtmaker.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    Also, here's a map of the current proposed route. I'm sure this will change as time goes on and more people join in/drop off. I'd like to get this as big as possible. Just to reiterate this is NOT the final route. The Fireflowers are pinpoints (some of which may be eliminated in favor of others).

P.S. Some names get bumped off for other text, if you're name isn't showing let me know, but I'm sure it's just Google Earth bumping. If not I'll make sure you're on there. Any new people, let me know who you are, where you are and what kind of transportation you may/may not have.

Supertrip_route.jpg

We still have our extended map for later.

supertrip-pinpoint.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    I'm a newb... where do I get westcoast trip info?

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Esko wrote:

I took a look at the pdf, there's only one problem, they only have pricing for WHITE shirts. Unfortunately, I will not be making ANY white shirts. All shirts will be black, so the hunt still goes for the shirtmaker.

there should be a part in the blue part about making the shirts black....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2006
    Add Geebs, laughingfuzzball and NinjaSquirrel to Moline, IL.

DJ Eebs on
    edited February 2006
    I've already done it in my Google Earth map, I will upload the new map along with my announcement that the page is up. Over this weekend I will be collaborating all of the relevant information on this thread into the webpage. The site itself, in all it's barebones goodness, should be up later today. Meanwhile, I have to go test out of my math class. I should be active while at work though, so any more questions, comments or suggestions should just keep on coming.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    Okay, the website is up, http://www.ccsupertrip.org
    There's nothing on it yet, but keep checking over the next couple of days as things get put together.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• El WhitoEl Whito Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Haha, I <3 the A-Team van.

El Whito on
    Mass Genocide is the most demanding activity one can take part in. Next to soccer. - Loki, Dogma
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Change of plans.

You can pencil me in for Omaha, Nebraska. I'm getting money together right now...

edit: and I would definitely be riding.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2006
    YAY!

Okay, website is taking longer than expected (which, ironically should be expected). But it's being debugged and such right now

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ZiggoZiggo Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Did the thread just up and die or what? Er, anywho, I MIGHT have a car by the time it's time to go cross country, if it works out I'll let you know and I can help out more instead of just being a passenger ^_^

Ziggo on
    We aren't the beginning, nor the end, but we can sure as hell make a difference if we try.
    edited February 2006
    falsedef wrote:
    I'm a newb... where do I get westcoast trip info?

I'm still looking for West Coast info... anyone have a link, or a thread that I've missed?

I tried using the search, but i end up in non-west-coast focused threads.

Unknown User on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    as far as i know there is no official information yet for this years WCST. But i'm sure if we're patient those guys will start a thread about it soon. :wink: *hint, hint* 8)

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    as far as i know there is no official information yet for this years WCST. But i'm sure if we're patient those guys will start a thread about it soon. :wink: *hint, hint* 8)

Well, there is a thread, just no one has been posting in it... Not sure whats going on on the WCST front...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited February 2006
    We're not dead, I'm just waiting for the website to be ready. Also, we have word of an Arkansasian who wants to joint the trip up at either the rushmore or wyoming waypoints. Maps will be updated with the website at http://www.ccsupertrip.org

(right now there's nothing there but an A-Team van and a schnazzy background, but keep checking back)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I really think that the WCST should roll in with the CCST, that way when we all arrive it'll make a bigger impact.

tmonkey on
    edited February 2006
    tmonkey wrote:
    I really think that the WCST should roll in with the CCST, that way when we all arrive it'll make a bigger impact.

That would take a tremendous amount of coordination, but I'm not against it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Since I probably won't be able to make it to PAX, I'd like to at least meet SOME PA people.

Anyways, I'd like to meet you guys at Mt Rushmore with some poster boards cheering you on and a table full of gatorade*. I just moved to Rapid City, South Dakota. It's on the 90, and really close to Mt Rushmore.

*posters and gatorade not included. Supply of table may vary.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    tmonkey wrote:

That would take a tremendous amount of coordination, but I'm not against it.

Well, one could always pick a waypoint just outside of town, or like, across the freeway even, doesnt have to be too far... And as soon as everyones account for there, then you go off to your Hotels or whatever at the same time... Or something...

Still sucks that first year, when Gabe and Tycho apparently were waiting for the WCST to arrive at the convention center, but everyone just went to the hotels instead...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited February 2006
    I don't know about the WCST, but I would like to arrive in Bellevue on Thursday, maybe do a victory lap around the meydenbauer and drive to the hotels. If the main hotel is the one across the street, it should be no problem, and even the Doubletree is just down the street. As for us meeting them and rolling in at the same time, we could probably roll into a stop nearby (maybe a park or something) and drive down for the victory lap and hotel disbursement at once.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Ok, now that the hotels are up, do we have any idea what dates I should be booking? Are we going to be rolling in Thursday or Friday and what day would we be leaving? I think that it would be best to work back for the end of the trip. Set up the ETA at PAX first then the last waypoint and keep working back till we hit the East Coast. And I would love to meet up with the WCST somewhere along the lines and just have both convoys roll into town blaring the Super Mario Theme or somthing.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited February 2006
    I mentioned earlier, I would like to roll in on thursday. As for rolling out, that's up to you guys, I plan on rolling out on sunday night, bu thtat's still negotiable.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Though I'm not on the trip, I can say from experience (with Supertrip '05) that leaving the morning after the Con ends is by far the better solution.

It allows you to get in one more evening of saying your goodbyes, grabbing a last beer and round of Double Dash, and getting a full night of sleep under your belt. The end result is better, safer driving, better distance covered, and an all-around more positive experience.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited February 2006
    The Factoria Square Mall is convienent for people coming north on the 405 and west on the I-90, since it's a large mall, there should be plenty of parking available to stage the final run to Madenbauyer. If you can coordinate time tables so that everyone arrives there are 5:00pm, we can organize, and schedule a departure at 5:30pm, and we'll be doing the lap around the center before 5:45.

tmonkey on
    edited February 2006
    New Page Update

Okay, things are being worked out now and the page should be up by the end of tomorrow (I hope). Stay vigilant

[edit] also go add yourselves to http://www.frappr.com/pax2006

[edit 2] also again, we are going to attempt to coordinate with the WCST to meet with them before our victory lap around the convention center. We are still trying to put together the map, I heard word of somebody from Arkansas and another one I can't remember, please, either post on here or email (check profile) and let me know who you are, how many are with you and how many drivers (if any) you have and/or what kind of vehicle. I'm doing my best to keep up, but I don't want to leave anybody out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TarTar Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I wish I could join you all. Sounds like it would be a blast. Unfortunately job and family keep me from going to PAX at all. It would be hella fun to trek cross country with a bunch of like minded geeks, I even have a slick set of wheels (toyota sequoia) with a dvd player and rca inputs (gamecubes only though :)). Hopefully your plans move forward smoothly.

For those about to drive, we salute you.

Tar on
    AC:WW 2191.0414.2547 Tar in Red Hill PM me if you add me!
    TETRIS DS 760.559 466.343
    clubhouse 270.663 522.426
    edited February 2006
    Smoothly... we'll see. I'm still waiting on my dude to finish this website, but, as we wait, I have a jolly rodger that I made that may or may not be final (probably not), but I still think it looks cool. Let me know what you guys think.
    (imagine it as a flag sticking off your car window driving across the country)
    WAA.jpg

...also, how do we get a sticky?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    PM a mod.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    A Mod just picked up my mp3 player from my ex boyfriend, and is sending it to me, since I live in Canada, and he lives in Seattle. I'll get this stickied for ya :)

PS: <3 Doc!!!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    A Mod just picked up my mp3 player from my ex boyfriend, and is sending it to me, since I live in Canada, and he lives in Seattle. I'll get this stickied for ya :)

PS: <3 Doc!!!

nope

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited February 2006
    Here's some footage from last year on the bus:
    http://www.gamertransit.com/2006/02/20/34/

tmonkey on
This discussion has been closed.