As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom Hearts - Re: Coded is out! Dream Drop Distance trailer is in!

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just beat the game. The actual story part didn't take that long, only ~17 hours, but I feel like there's loads and loads of extra stuff I have to do to get the secret movie.

Also, the ending scenes:
    My head is kind of spinning. Some of the stuff I got, but some of it kind of went woosh over my head. I understood that Sora has like, 5 different people in his heart, but does that mean they'll be making reappearances, in either 3D or III? The thing that bothered me most is the Data - person vs. real person thing. Do the Data versions of Namine and Sora have the same memories as the real counterparts? There was memory erasure, but not really? Did they get it back? Woosh.

I am psyched Xion is coming back, I felt she kind of got screwed in her midquel.
    Not directly, but they seem to be connected somehow. I assume that Data-Sora was able to get a new keyblade by latching on to the real Sora's, for example. In KH2, the real Hayner, Pence, and Ollete were also able to remember things that happened to their data versions.

Which sort of makes me wonder what exactly the difference is between a data copy and a Nobody. If data copies have hearts, couldn't Organization 13 just have created data-based hearts? Even if it would be too difficult to build a heart from scratch like that, couldn't they still have done all the harvesting for Kingdom Hearts on a virtual level, with no one from the real worlds being the wiser?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Avatar Sector beaten. So many chips...

jothki on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Finished Aqua's story today, but haven't unlocked the final episode.

I've read conflicting reports on how to unlock it: one site says to collect all the Xehanort Reports, another says you just need Report 12.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ZierathZierath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Finished Aqua's story today, but haven't unlocked the final episode.

I've read conflicting reports on how to unlock it: one site says to collect all the Xehanort Reports, another says you just need Report 12.

You need all of them. Most people end up missing #5.
    Which is in the Mirage Arena in Terra's scenario.
    Edit: If that's not the one the rest of the ones you might miss are in chests.

Zierath on
    Pokémon White FC : 0475 7056 7793
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Remember, you can always reload the other character save to go get stuff. But you have to beat the final boss again for it to count

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so uhh, why the fuck is scan listed in the stat matrix twice?

I'm waaaay near the end and I just unlocked it.... a second time?

is there a reason for this or did my cart just freak out?

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    ZierathZierath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so uhh, why the fuck is scan listed in the stat matrix twice?

I'm waaaay near the end and I just unlocked it.... a second time?

is there a reason for this or did my cart just freak out?

Unlocking any ability more than once levels it up. Leveling up scan lets you find more system areas in questploration.

Zierath on
    Pokémon White FC : 0475 7056 7793
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    oh yeah, I just noticed that >_>

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it actually tells you if you highlight it too :)

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    what the fuck were they thinking with hollow bastion
    that fucking elevator fightakdjfhkajdghfhgfkjhfkjfhgkjahdfd dammit you idiots stop dieing aaaaagh

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The second Agrabah backdoor is a fucking cunt. Four "don't get hit more than X" in a row challenges!?

I may have to equip nothing but "stop" to get through this.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is there any point to Zantetsu Prime? By the time you can access it, there's very little that an All Crit Zantetsuken won't already one-shot.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Finished the final episode for BbS.

Blank Points is the secret movie, right? How long is it? I might be too tired to watch it now, so I might save it for tomorrow.

That final boss was a bitch and a half, especially on Critical.
    And good God, what an absolute downer of an ending. :(

Also, the Zack/Black Feather tease. FUUUUUUUUU-

• Options
    edited February 2011
    How many commands do I need CR'd to get the trophy? Hopefully not all of them, but I have over half now and still don't have it yet.

I'm also missing a yellow debugger and an accessory, are those rewards for doing everything in the last world? I've done pretty much everything else I can find.

jothki on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Even if it is all of them, can't you just fuse it into any other command to transfer the CR?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Watched BbS' secret movie.

These games always have the best endings. Manly tears were shed, excitement has risen for KH3D and beyond.
    I still don't know who got the rawest end of the deal: Terra having to share his body with Xehanort, Ventus reborn as Roxas (who will probably return as Ventus?), or Aqua trapped in the realm of darkness.

I can't help but wonder how the latter gets nutrition from that place, but no point in over-thinking I guess.

Still doesn't explain why Vanitas was an evil Sora from the future, but maybe that gets covered later

Has the Secret Movie for the FM version been subbed yet?

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

These games always have the best endings. Manly tears were shed, excitement has risen for KH3D and beyond.
    I still don't know who got the rawest end of the deal: Terra having to share his body with Xehanort, Ventus reborn as Roxas (who will probably return as Ventus?), or Aqua trapped in the realm of darkness.

I can't help but wonder how the latter gets nutrition from that place, but no point in over-thinking I guess.

Still doesn't explain why Vanitas was an evil Sora from the future, but maybe that gets covered later

It might've been, but there's no need - the spoken dialogue is pretty much reactionary stuff, not really important.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jothki wrote: »
    How many commands do I need CR'd to get the trophy? Hopefully not all of them, but I have over half now and still don't have it yet.

I'm also missing a yellow debugger and an accessory, are those rewards for doing everything in the last world? I've done pretty much everything else I can find.

You can buy yellow debuggers.

Err, so I finished it, and I have two pretty much empty sections on the stat grid. Is there any post game content? Nothing seems to be suggesting itself.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    From all accounts tons. New backdoor areas, like, twenty more floors in Olympus Collisium, etc.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Pata wrote: »
    From all accounts tons. New backdoor areas, like, twenty more floors in Olympus Collisium, etc.

I had a quick google and popped into a few worlds at random. Nothing seemed to be new and although there was mention of some content, nobody was saying what it might be.

Hmm. I'll see if the coliseum goes any further than 30 now, I suppose. Maybe there's a new scan on the stat grid I need to get to the new backdoors.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Re: Vanitas.
    From Nomura's mouth: since Ven's heart reached out to Sora's back when his darkness was extracted Vanitas took on Sora's appearance. If he reached out to say...Kairi...he would've looked like her.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

From Nomura's mouth: since Ven's heart reached out to Sora's back when his darkness was extracted Vanitas took on Sora's appearance. If he reached out to say...Kairi...he would've looked like her.
    Because the world really needs another Xion.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

SORA'S EVERYONE!!!!111!!

Regardless, it was quite shocking the 1st time I saw his face.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

SORA'S EVERYONE!!!!111!!

Regardless, it was quite shocking the 1st time I saw his face.
    That meme doesn't really work since Sora is technically only one other person (Roxas), while two others have his face for one reason or another.

Xehanort though, he's totally everyone.

Aqua's situation is still depressing. It sounds like in KHIII, Sora will rescue everyone, including TVA, and maybe even the original humans who turned into the Organization (Lea, Isa, etc)

I wouldn't mind a big happy ending like that after all these depressing endings.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Spoilers regarding BbS ending:
    The only thing that bothers me a bit (and I've already mentioned this before) is Sora went from underdog to CHILD OF DESTINY.

Also, why does Data Sora kick so much ass (like Ven!) and regular Sora is so...blargh?

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The only thing that bothers me a bit (and I've already mentioned this before) is Sora went from underdog to CHILD OF DESTINY.

Also, why does Data Sora kick so much ass (like Ven!) and regular Sora is so...blargh?

Three games worth of battle mechanics overhaul.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You're supposed to counter with plot!

Truth be told BbS has the best ability system. KH2 felt a step backwards for me. Sure, they tightened the combat but I missed abilities like Sonic Slash and Ars Arcanum.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wasn't that a given since the first game?
    they mentioned how the Keyblade "chose" Sora as soon as he got it.

• Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Actually
    The Keyblade was going for Riku until the kid decided to soak himself in darkness and then the Keyblade was all 'Well, screw that. Let's see... yeah, that kid'll do.'

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wasn't that a given since the first game?
    they mentioned how the Keyblade "chose" Sora as soon as he got it.

I think...it's been a while since I've read this but technically BbS confirms it:
    At the start of the game when Destiny Islands is being swallowed by the darkness, the Keyblade was supposed to choose Riku. But olol darkness. The vibe I got from the game was that Sora's strength of heart was what really made him a Keyblade wielder.

But I suppose that's one way to look at it.

EDIT: Beaten. :(

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Watched the FM Secret Movie.

Man, who is in charge of these teaser movies?

Because they're really good at getting me hyped for the next thing.

Also, my theory:
    KH3D is supposed to deal with paradoxes in the existing KH timeline.

So that change from 0 to 0.5 probably means that Aqua's conversation with Ansem was erased, and the portal was a retcon for her to escape.

And those other images also suggest similar retcons to the story, some for the worse (Xehanort in Destiny Islands).

Good lord, if they bring retconned timelines into this, than the story is going to get real bonkers.

In a good way.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Re: Why Sora could use the keyblade
    I thought it was because Ventus was chilling in his heart. Though how Sora repaired Ventus's heart when Vanitas was ripped from Ventus, I have NO IDEA (other than the obvious, that he's the main character).

Snuggles: BbS FM, you mean? Does that tease 3DS more than the regular BbS teaser movie?

Also, general question about Re:Coded:
    In one of the early flashbacks, Riku is on the collapsing Destiny Islands, and it looks like he's talking to a fat, hunchback in a brown coat, with his face hidden like all the dudes who wear black coats. Is this a scene from one of the other games that I missed/forgot? Or did they just make it up as a "fake" memory?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I thought it was because Ventus was chilling in his heart. Though how Sora repaired Ventus's heart when Vanitas was ripped from Ventus, I have NO IDEA (other than the obvious, that he's the main character).

Snuggles: BbS FM, you mean? Does that tease 3DS more than the regular BbS teaser movie?

In one of the early flashbacks, Riku is on the collapsing Destiny Islands, and it looks like he's talking to a fat, hunchback in a brown coat, with his face hidden like all the dudes who wear black coats. Is this a scene from one of the other games that I missed/forgot? Or did they just make it up as a "fake" memory?
    That was Ansem (or as we know him now: Terra Xehanort)

The question is where Xehanort is now, since Riku "purged" him from his body in KHII. The BbS Secret Movie implies he's still kicking it somewhere, with Terra still stuck to him as they fight over control of his body

• Options
    edited February 2011

That was Ansem (or as we know him now: Terra Xehanort)

The question is where Xehanort is now, since Riku "purged" him from his body in KHII. The BbS Secret Movie implies he's still kicking it somewhere, with Terra still stuck to him as they fight over control of his body
    Re: Coded movie drives this point home. Yensid tells Mickey since Ansem and Xemnas were defeated, Xehanort should return.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Re: Why Sora could use the Keyblade.

I was under the impression that Riku was originally supposed to receive the keyblade, but because he embraced darkness it rejected him, and went to whoever was close by with a strong heart.

Matthew on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was supposed to go to Riku because
    of Terra performing the Rite of Succession on him,
    but Riku was a silly goose and doomed his home world so he could go for a joyride. So it went to Sora instead; partly because he was there, partly because of his potential, and partly because
    of Ven's heart, allowing Sora to wield the Keyblade without going through the Rite of Succession.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Eh, I don't think that was the case.
    I'm pretty sure it's like with Aqua and Terra: both of them were perfectly qualified to be Keyblade Masters, but since the latter wasn't able to control his darkness, the title went to Aqua instead.

Just because Sora was the second choice doesn't mean he possessed less qualities than Riku. And I don't think Ven's soul had anything to do with it either, since Terra and Aqua both viewed Sora's potential prior to that union.

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Danger Blox can die in a fire.

"Oh hey we hurt you every time you touch us. And guess what? Attacking with your keyblade counts as touching us!"

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Four puppies left.

jothki on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pata wrote: »
    Danger Blox can die in a fire.

"Oh hey we hurt you every time you touch us. And guess what? Attacking with your keyblade counts as touching us!"

There's one system sector where the bonus requirement is not take damage. And all you fight are those guys. It was pretty awful.

silence1186 on