As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mage] Glass & Glory OOC: Finally Begun!

2»

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Two things:

1) My own rules tripped me up when I looked at your Merits section, lol

2) I would change out your computing specialty to something you do with Computing, instead of a specific programming language.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sorry for the delay on my end.

I'm currently out of town without my mage book.

Thank god for finding that char sheet generator however.

As soon as I am back at my place I can put a sheet up.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The various WoD wikis have a bunch of Mage resources.

Failing that, I have a Mage book if you need anything particular.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The various WoD wikis have a bunch of Mage resources.

Failing that, I have a Mage book if you need anything particular.

Ditto!

Let us help you!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    J. Davis Dodsworth III
    "I'm a member of a venerable and secretive order, a society steeped in ancient ritual, a fellowship that numbers among its initiates some of the most powerful men in the world today. Bennington Prep, class of 1998 - go Lancers!"

----

Jeremiah Davis Dodsworth III - Davis to his acquaintances and "DD" to his friends - is one of the last scions of an ancient and fading family of New York financial titans, born into a high-society culture of prep schools and debutante balls that was obsolete decades before he was born. Intelligent but shy, fit and active but unprepossessing, more at home at the banquet table than the barstool or the boardroom, his upbringing and surroundings left him ill-prepared for the realities of 21st century New York.

But high society takes care of its own, and the contacts he cultivated at school paid off when he was offered a managerial position in DEM's archive department straight out of college. Overseeing a small staff in the basement of the building, tucked away in an administrative cubbyhole, Davis set to work digitizing DEM's immense store of hard-copy records and microfiche while always politicking for another raise, another promotion. He doesn't have the natural looks or charm, and he isn't doing the exciting work on the trading floor, but he is patient and diligent and he knows people.

Now, since his Awakening, Davis finds himself cast among a new kind of "high society" as an initiate of the Silver Ladder. An elite but inward-turning and careworn institution struggling to maintain its relevance? To Davis, it's like coming home.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2011
    Hmm. Interesting. I really like your background section (also flooooo for making me look up unprepossessing :P).

A few questions:

1) You have no rotes listed.
    2) Do you have a standard Retainer or a Sleepwalker Retainer (see Mage)? Do you want to flesh that character out or should I?
    3) You can change your specialties to Athletics (Running) and Socialize (High Society).
    4) Don't forget, folks, you start with Mana equal to your Wisdom. (And a full Willpower allotment, although that doesn't get marked down.)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    J. Davis Dodsworth III
    "I'm a member of a venerable and secretive order, a society steeped in ancient ritual, a fellowship that numbers among its initiates some of the most powerful men in the world today. Bennington Prep, class of 1998 - go Lancers!"

----

Jeremiah Davis Dodsworth III - Davis to his acquaintances and "DD" to his friends - is one of the last scions of an ancient and fading family of New York financial titans, born into a high-society culture of prep schools and debutante balls that was obsolete decades before he was born. Intelligent but shy, fit and active but unprepossessing, more at home at the banquet table than the barstool or the boardroom, his upbringing and surroundings left him ill-prepared for the realities of 21st century New York.

But high society takes care of its own, and the contacts he cultivated at school paid off when he was offered a managerial position in DEM's archive department straight out of college. Overseeing a small staff in the basement of the building, tucked away in an administrative cubbyhole, Davis set to work digitizing DEM's immense store of hard-copy records and microfiche while always politicking for another raise, another promotion. He doesn't have the natural looks or charm, and he isn't doing the exciting work on the trading floor, but he is patient and diligent and he knows people.

Now, since his Awakening, Davis finds himself cast among a new kind of "high society" as an initiate of the Silver Ladder. An elite but inward-turning and careworn institution struggling to maintain its relevance? To Davis, it's like coming home.

:^:

Corbius, MyDcmbr: we should discusses shared sanctum stuff!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    So since most everyone's giving me really thin backgrounds I am having to adapt.

*pulls out Damnation City*

Time for the big guns.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I thought we were going to do preludery

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    We'll see.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Where are Corbius and MyDcmbr?

I want to help them make characters!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    I am totes back and I will have a sheet up sometime tomorrow!

I am totally energized now that I am also running a Hunter game with my real life friends.

so, yay!

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Excellent. Time to hunt down and flay MyDcmbr.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PLEASE DON'T FLY ME!!

I know I have been terribad about getting this done, but I am totes on it I promise! I have a concept and errything. I just have to get the books from Drivethru RPG so I can actually put everything to paper.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited February 2011
    Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars...

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    If grabbing them's going to take awhile, just hop on irc and let Elldren and/or me help you out

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Alright, I present Keith Jeffries, investigative reporter!
    Growing up, Keith always had a strong sense of what was right and what was wrong. Turning this into his career, Keith's name is known and hated along the halls of power, both political and financial. Known for routing out corruption wherever he can find it, Keith has picked up skills to protect himself.

Now that he has Awakened to a new world, he has new tools to continue his pursuit of what he feels is justice.

Sorry it has taken a while to put together.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    How's Keith connected to DEM?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    He has been investigating into DEM as part of a larger piece in Wall Street and the larger financial institutions.

This is before the big collapse so not a lot of reporters are sniffing around at that point.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    He'll need a long term clandestine placement in the company, but presuming that, okay!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Your attributes and skills aren't adding up right, and you've got unspent merits/arcana dots.

Like you have 6/5/3 for attributes and 12/9/4 skills when it should be 5/4/3 and 11/7/4, and you have 3 unspent dots in merits and 1 in arcana

edit: actually you have 4 unspent merits, high speech is free for pentacle mages

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I was worried my math was wrong on there somehow. I'll go change it.

You can spend merit point to raise attributes and skills tho correct?

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Corbius wrote: »
    Yeah I was worried my math was wrong on there somehow. I'll go change it.

You can spend merit point to raise attributes and skills tho correct?

Nope. It's not like bonus points from oWoD

edit: if you're having a hard time justifying places to put merits for your character, please consider donating points to the shared sanctum.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    That must be why it wasnt adding up, thought that was possible.

And sure, I can throw the extra merit dots to the shared sanctum.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Before you do that, look at Occulted from Mage - it's pretty resonant for an investigative journalist.

Also if you're going deep cover, consider trading out your Resource dots for Status (DEM) to represent your cover role.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    K, updated. Hopefully correct.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Are you still having trouble, MyDcmbr?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    This has gone on long enough. MyDcmbr, you have until I get back from Seattle on the 9th to submit a character or you will be replaced.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to all of Elldren's help I am proud to present!

Kierstyn Gates

:D

Background story to follow.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited March 2011
    So the IC thread is up and people can post in it and such:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=139062

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm a bit confused about the setting; why were the characters gathered there?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2011
    Sorry about not posting - disappeared down the hole known as magical cards for a few days.

As for the reason why: Longstrider's gathered you on behalf of the Consilium to discuss forming a cabal. I'll be furnishing this in-character, of course, once someone's ordered coffee.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Sorry for being away for a bit. I have been in the process moving and don't have access to a computer yet. Posting from my iPhone now. Will try to stay up on game and post when I can

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited March 2011
    I might be unreachable until at least Thursday, so you have some time to introduce yourselves.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Corbius wrote: »
    Sorry for being away for a bit. I have been in the process moving and don't have access to a computer yet. Posting from my iPhone now. Will try to stay up on game and post when I can

So that didn't work out.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing