As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

JUSTIFIED - SEASON 2 PREMIERE TONIGHT

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    think I used that term right

Burden of Proof on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good job, Burden.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    all I could think when raylan's dad showed up was THE WRONG KEED DIED

DJ Eebs on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good job, Burden.

I feel like a winner.

Burden of Proof on
    edited January 2011
    Did anybody here watch Rubicon?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was tempted but the first episode's summary on Comcast On Demand didn't hook me

Antimatter on
    edited January 2011
    Apparently it didn't hook anyone else, either. I heard good things, though.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    apparently it took a long time to really get going

relatively speaking, of course

DJ Eebs on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    probably

but I'm super lazy

lemme know when it's on netflix

Well, it's on Netflix Canada, so I'm surprised it's not already on the American version.

Started watching this tonight. It's really good.

UnbrokenEva on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's on Netflix, just not Instant Watch

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I stuck with the series for a few episodes (6 or so), but the lack of a bigger arc and little character development just turned me off

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

edited January 2011
    maybe I'm not remembering the beginning of the show very well, but I do know that towards the end every episode was connected to the main arc
    if that was your major gripe then you should definitely watch the rest

Burden of Proof on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My friend just told me about this show and that it's awesome and I should watch and it's already on its second season? I guess this show doesn't air in Canada =/

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    maybe I'm not remembering the beginning of the show very well, but I do know that towards the end every episode was connected to the main arc

Yeah, the episodes felt incoherent to me, the series started off with promising a bigger storyline with the redneck from the shield early on, but didn't follow up for the next four or so episodes, while all the stuff that happened between the characters was either totally obvious from episode one on or was just too little to keep this series interesting to me.
    I might catch up, but I have yet to see a reason to

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess if you don't find Timothy Olyphant incredibly delightful in this, then yeah, no reason to watch the show. What's a bigger arc going to do for you, if you don't like the standalone episodes?

artifexite on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this seems pretty cool I guess

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When does Rescue Me come back? I think this is going to be the season when everyone dies

Bloods End on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, this show isn't really indicative of Lexington, but it's a excellent show regardless.
    Most of the people living there are just typical, boring Midwesterners and college students.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    edited January 2011
    artifexite wrote: »
    I guess if you don't find Timothy Olyphant incredibly delightful in this, then yeah, no reason to watch the show. What's a bigger arc going to do for you, if you don't like the standalone episodes?

I like him all right, it's just that none of the characters, Givens included, are interesting enough without a bigger story arc used to further develop them, soo...yeah, 'he pulled first' isn't gonna do it

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

edited January 2011
    el_vicio wrote: »

Yeah, the episodes felt incoherent to me, the series started off with promising a bigger storyline with the redneck from the shield early on, but didn't follow up for the next four or so episodes, while all the stuff that happened between the characters was either totally obvious from episode one on or was just too little to keep this series interesting to me.
    I might catch up, but I have yet to see a reason to

Walton Goggins was off shooting Predators during most of the first half of the season, and he comes back for the 2nd half.

He's also part of the regular cast now for season 2

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have been on a cowboy kick since playing Red Dead and watch true grit.

Thank you bale for this thread.

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guys Deadwood is a really good show and I need to figure out where the heck I left off so I can watch the rest of it because it is a really good show.

Also I need to finish Red Dead. I got side-tracked into trying to finish most of the side-missions before I finished the game and I couldn't find beavers anyfucking where so I just gave up and now my xbox is finnicky about when it wants to let me play video games.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like you got a lot of problems, Art.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited January 2011
    Watching the rest of deadwood should solve most of those problems.

edit: But yes I am batshit loco and I've usually been able to keep it low-key but this has been a stupid weekend.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited January 2011
    Watching Deadwood doesn't solve anything, it just spoils you. It's like dating a girl who's into threesomes and anal and then you find a girl who finds oral sex and having the lights on gross.

After Deadwood, there's no going back.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited January 2011
    That is the saddest thing.

I mean I also have half of Season 3 and then 4 of The Wire left to watch, then most of Breaking Bad and I still have another couple seasons of The West Wing to watch, which doesn't include possibly rewatching BSG soonish.

Still plenty of good tv left.

Artreus on
    edited January 2011
    Deadwood is basically an Aryan superbaby that was stillborn.

Don't think too far into the analogy that I just made, please.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited January 2011
    Also I really, really like Ian McShane. Dude is a great actor. I liked him in Kings, which nobody on the planet watched.

Artreus on
    edited January 2011
    Just you and me and my friend Steven, man.

That was a pretty good show that had as many problems as it had potential. It's a shame it wasn't given enough time to figure out which one would rule out.

I mean, Ian McShane and Brian Cox? Come on! That combination can't fai-- oh, wait.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited January 2011
    Oh man I also have basically.. All but the first season of X-files to watch. I should get on that.

And schoolwork. Gonna do the schoolwork. Then watch X-files

Artreus on
    edited January 2011
    Don't worry, your school work will only take NINE MINUTES! NINE MINUTES!

(Just kidding, it'll probably take longer. Also: This is a terrible joke.)

Penguin Incarnate on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    That is the saddest thing.

I mean I also have half of Season 3 and then 4 of The Wire left to watch, then most of Breaking Bad and I still have another couple seasons of The West Wing to watch, which doesn't include possibly rewatching BSG soonish.

Still plenty of good tv left.

Season four of The Wire

Is SO GODDAMN GOOD

Poorochondriac on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So Deadwood complete series is on Amazon gold box today. DVD $62, Blu $85 or about there. I have never seen Deadwood, but I like westerns and Tim Olyphant.

Is Deadwood a good enough series that I can blindly throw down $60 and be happy about my purchase?

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Deadwood is worth it at twice the price. Second best hbo series ever (after the wire). Though it does not have a complete resolution, but still damn awesome. Jump on it

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    kings wasn't very good. i watched one episode that really gripped me.

justified is excellent though.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited February 2011
    How mad am I going to be when I finish Deadwood and there is no more. I wanna watch it regardless, but I dunno that I wanna own it if the end is grievously unsatisfying.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The new season didn't start last night, did it?

GRMike on
    edited February 2011
    Feb 9th

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Someone summarize this show for me in 5 words or less

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited February 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Someone summarize this show for me in 5 words or less

Modern western Kentucky gun hat

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]