As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Clue[chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    You know, I'm increasingly alarmed by the "just let some company handle it" attitude of people towards computers and the internet.

My ideal world consists of people selling you the box you have which manages your data for you, but not directly holding it. Not where we seem to be heading, which is "The Company will manage your hardware for you."

Why?

The whole attitude is slowly making people pliable to ideas that eventually lead to de facto oligarchy. When someone wants to sit back and say "we don't IPv6 because no one really needs to be able to use P2P-type services", that is what people are advocating.

"Leave it to a big company".

Hrm.

I think that a lot of people don't ask the right questions when choosing to outsource.

I go over this with clients when they start asking about cloud computing. The cost per month versus the TCO of keeping whatever system in-house isn't enough. They need to ask some hard questions about backups, downtime, SLAs, privacy, disaster plans, colocations, physical access to data centers, etc.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was oddly depressed when I reread Gravity's Rainbow in the summer because it made me realize just how inferior DFW is to Pynchon. DFW is totally indebted to Pynchon.

Also, Will, it's because you stirred the polenta in multiple directions. If you do that, the polenta gets angry. (It's an old Italian wives tale, apparently.)

Also also, Dubstep is annoying.

Also aslo I should go to target and get some shopping done.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I'm not sure if any of you have ever made polenta, but basically it involved boiling cornmeal, stirring frequently until it's reduced to a thick porridge, pouring it into a mold, and baking it for a whle. I made polenta tonight and near the end of the boiling phase, it gets really thick to the point that the slow bubbles that emerge are kind of explosive.

Anyways one of them exploded as I was stirring and shot A big load of boling corn magma into my left eye. It fuckin hurts dudes.

Gonna be monocular twins with chu at eastpax. We can compare notes and deduce depth perception between the two of us.

Haha, your polenta nutted in your eye.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Podly! Apologize to dubstep - he ain't done nothing to you!

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dubstep is quite dirty.

Cinders on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Podly! Apologize to dubstep - he ain't done nothing to you!

Sure he did. He has ruined a lot of good dj sets.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited February 2011
    In a hundred years every high school will have Lot 49 as required reading

Eddy on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    I saw that stem cell skin gun thingie.

FOUR DAYS to heal a second-degree burn. Fuck protesters, this is the future.

Echo on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I'm not sure if any of you have ever made polenta, but basically it involved boiling cornmeal, stirring frequently until it's reduced to a thick porridge, pouring it into a mold, and baking it for a whle. I made polenta tonight and near the end of the boiling phase, it gets really thick to the point that the slow bubbles that emerge are kind of explosive.

Anyways one of them exploded as I was stirring and shot A big load of boling corn magma into my left eye. It fuckin hurts dudes.

Gonna be monocular twins with chu at eastpax. We can compare notes and deduce depth perception between the two of us.

Haha, your polenta nutted in your eye.

Thank god someone else said it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2011
    Podly wrote: »

Dubstep is amazing when done well, but it's particularly horrible when it's bad. I'd liken it to where trance was in 2000, when it became a thing and any idiot with a pirated DAW could slap some nails-on-chalkboard sample on top of a canned beat and call it a song.

Feral on

edited February 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Dubstep is quite dirty.

Unlike Electro - he's a nice, clean looking fellow

Eddy on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I still need to finish V.

Cinders on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dubstep is dirtier than fingering your sister and finding your dad's wedding ring.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited February 2011
    Terrence Howard's wife is leaving him, Don Cheadle's wife suddenly concerned.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dubstep is dirtier than fingering your sister and finding your dad's cock ring.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Dubstep is dirtier than fingering your sister and finding your dad's wedding ring.

What? Sometimes I get bored and I start staring at the clutter on the nightst--OHHHHHHHHH

Feral on

edited February 2011

Dubstep is amazing when done well, but it's particularly horrible when it's bad. I'd liken it to where trance was in 2000, when it became a thing and any idiot with a pirated DAW could slap some nails-on-chalkboard sample on top of a canned beat and call it a song.

Yeah, but that's just because dubstep allows for production display. It's kind of like nature films -- they're pretty cool, but the reason that they are SO POPULAR is because they are film technique displays.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How would one know it's their dad's cock ring and not an uncle's?

Quid on
    edited February 2011

Yeah, but that's just because dubstep allows for production display. It's kind of like nature films -- they're pretty cool, but the reason that they are SO POPULAR is because they are film technique displays.

Never thought about it like that, but I think you're right.

Feral on

edited February 2011
    I like nature films because David Attenborough has a soothing voice.

Cinders on
    edited February 2011
    He's seen it before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4aoW5A8QI8

I hate hate hate countdowns in songs but that's really the only flaw I can see in this one

Eddy on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Is Terrence going to cry?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Quid wrote: »

By smell, obviously.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited February 2011

The monogram.

Feral on

edited February 2011

Is Terrence going to cry?

Well he's on Law and Order LA though Alfred Molina is the superior ADA, he's not bad.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2011
    Should I go to target and new sheets and pillows, or should I work on a remix of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfThN0eWgQ&feature=player_embedded

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited February 2011
    theonering260x214.jpg

Feral on

edited February 2011
    nyagh html! just paste the link Pods

Eddy on
    edited February 2011
    There is one, and only one reason nature films are popular.

shark-picture.jpg

I also learned that GISing shark and staring at a screen full of shark pictures is kinda terrifying.

Quid on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    I like nature films because David Attenborough has a soothing voice.

Watching Life right now. So good.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited February 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    I hate hate hate countdowns in songs but that's really the only flaw I can see in this one

I like the countdown in Aquarius by Boards of Canada.

Feral on

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    its those dark soulless beady eyes staring back at you while you get torn to pieces

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shark weak

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited February 2011
    Dolphins are more terrifying than sharks.

Cinders on
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    shark weak

Single greatest week ever. That's the kind of thing you eat a different cut of cow for each day.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2011
    Well dolphins do rape people, where as sharks are just murderers. Its a hard call.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How's this for a CV? Both in terms of order and title choice.

Formal Education
    Continuing Education
    Professional Experience
    Volunteer Experience
    Technical Competencies
    (Published Works...when I get any)
    Presentations
    Professional Associations
    Community Involvement

Should I rearrange it or rename some things?

moniker on
    edited February 2011
    Well dolphins do rape people, where as sharks are just murderers. Its a hard call.

What makes them truly terrifying is they smile while doing it.

Quid on
    edited February 2011

What makes them truly terrifying is they smile while doing it.

That flipper remake really went dark didn't it?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2011

If your penis were prehensile, you'd rape people with it, too.

All boarding crowded trains with nowhere to go

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.