As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• porusanporusan Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Charmander, Group B!

porusan on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All teams are now currently open and rosters have been fully updated.

Please take a second to make sure you're on the right team and in the right group. If I've made a mistake please let me know.

Atlus Parker on
  • OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Snorlax +1

First PAX and looking forward to meeting people. Niether one of us are drinkers though, so if a group needs extra sober assistance we could be roused from slumber and tag along. Otherwise, looking forward to shooting the shit with the rest of team Snorlax

Oricalm on
    Xbox Live: Oricalm
  • TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm down for this.
    So who are my Team Snorlax homies who will join me in plopping our butts down somewhere and letting the rest of the drunks come to us?

Camping: It's a legitimate strategy

TheTerribleMan on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can you add +3 to my name in !Charmander A please?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • PainePaine Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Squirtle. Me+1

Did I do that right?

Paine on
    6nOrszL.png
  • mfarineaumfarineau Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you !Charmander

First PAX, going solo! Skipping class for the pubcrawl :D

mfarineau on
  • Tiny415Tiny415 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Squirtle team a. Me+1

This shall be another great time, just like last year.

Tiny415 on
    PAX East 2010 Enforcer
    2010 Team SQUIRTLE Trainer
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    At Rdr's suggestion, put me down for !Pikachu group A. It'll be me+2.

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Out of curiosity... for those who plan on showing up in costume, what are you dressing as/how intricate of a costume are you planning to where? Also, is it taboo to show up as the pokemascot of an opposing team?

For those who don't want to know what anyone is planning, I put my idea in a spoiler :)
    I'm currently trying to pull together the makings of a cute Mew costume. Hopefully it will bring me luck completing that last challenge ;P This hat is likely to be a part of it: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45547213099599_2142_122186942

cynthetic on
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would like to update my total on team A for RED I need to add 2 more to my total so it would be Ikelewis +6

ikelewis on
  • Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I Choose Bulbasar Group B

!

Rex Beavers on
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... for those who plan on showing up in costume, what are you dressing as/how intricate of a costume are you planning to where? Also, is it taboo to show up as the pokemascot of an opposing team?

For those who don't want to know what anyone is planning, I put my idea in a spoiler :)
    I'm currently trying to pull together the makings of a cute Mew costume. Hopefully it will bring me luck completing that last challenge ;P This hat is likely to be a part of it: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45547213099599_2142_122186942

I am dressing up as Ninetales. My costume is not very intricate. As far as the taboo.... I don't know. I do not think it would matter as you may just be a
    Mew
    that was curiously following an opposing team. I am not sure how important canon is. ;-)

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Paine wrote: »
    I choose you, !Squirtle. Me+1

Did I do that right?

Looks like you did it right minus selection of team a or b. With that said you will be placed on team b at this point based on numbers. so if b is ok do nothing if you want to be on a edit your post :)

signed the real squirttle proffesor singollo.

Singollo on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh God. I have done it. I boughts mah ticket to PAX!

I will be consulting with my friend to see if he wants to attend this. If not, I might just do what he does or do this by myself. So excited!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Athena wrote: »
    I'm currently out of stock of the bulbasaur color fabric, but I do have some on order and I should have listings up again some time next week.
    Convo me on etsy if you want to order a custom hat.

Cool, I'll be getting a new Bulbasaur hat when it's available. I bought one last year but became embarrassingly drunk and it fell off my head and I lost it when I was getting into my cab. I was really sad when I came to the next morning and I couldn't find it.

Rex Beavers on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All teams are now currently open and rosters have been fully updated.

Please take a second to make sure you're on the right team and in the right group. If I've made a mistake please let me know.

I'd like to executive-push snopromise and her +howevermanypeople into Bulbasaur Group A since she made a mistake and thought I was running Group B. (She's me and my Pokeassist's best friend and misunderstood).

You're okay to PM her to confirm this. Thanks :)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do you still need a Jenny or Joy for any groups? I'm thinking that I may take it easy my first year and play chaperone. I'm not sure if I'm taking the Train or getting a ride yet, but either way, I'd like to participate.

I'll probably bring some cash with me to pay for Sierra Mist or Cherry Coke, as well as something to keep the map dry and legible.

feitocomfruta on
  • MahlissMahliss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pikachu +2 please :)

Mahliss on
  • Tokyoeyez1670Tokyoeyez1670 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is the differences between Group A & B? Sorry for the noob question my first PAX. :( Oh will they have other drinks besides beer? like... mikes hard lemonade?

Tokyoeyez1670 on
    edited February 2011
    It's just a split squad team to make the teams easier to manage. At the last Prime and East it was hard fitting large teams (two large teams at a time, for that matter) in the same bar to do crawl challenges.

They'll have other drinks too. Most of the challenges will have something to do with hard liquor. Beer only came into play last year for one challenge.

I guess, depending on the challenges this year, you could incorporate Mike's into your scorecard but I don't know how far (or drunk) you will get :\ Although many of your alcoholic teammates and challengers could perhaps recommend more potent drinks that will get you sloshed faster and will taste just as good, if not better :)

juju on
    [E]
  • snopromisesnopromise Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there a way I (and my +3) can switch from squad B to squad A? I'm stalking juju and MasterMargie.

snopromise on
    edited February 2011
    STALKER!!! O_O

juju on
    [E]
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All rosters should be up to date now. We now have over 250 people signed up! If you are interested in participating this year take time to sign up before it's too late. Also if you decide on not showing up please let me know so I can take you off the roster and open that spot up for someone else.

Bar routes are still being worked on. I hope to have a rough idea of the routes within the next week. The same goes for the button and scorecard designs.

macrogeek wrote: »
    If !Charmander Group A reopens, add me +1. Wife drinks, I don't...so I'm willing to be an assistant drunk wrangler to our officer Jenny.
    Do you still need a Jenny or Joy for any groups? I'm thinking that I may take it easy my first year and play chaperone. I'm not sure if I'm taking the Train or getting a ride yet, but either way, I'd like to participate.

I'll probably bring some cash with me to pay for Sierra Mist or Cherry Coke, as well as something to keep the map dry and legible.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that a event focused entirely on drinking to excess doesn't attract very many non-drinkers. :lol: You are both welcome to play cat herder. Just say the word and it's done.

Atlus Parker on
  • Tokyoeyez1670Tokyoeyez1670 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay! Thanks Juju for the info hard liquor I can do. Now it's time to pick my team.... I pick.... team BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!!!! oh snap wrong show! -_- Team !Charmander Group B please

Tokyoeyez1670 on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not much of a drinker myself, but likewise if there's still a need for a Jenny or Joy for any of the teams I'll be willing to help out any knocked out Pokemon. This seems like a lot of fun and I help out even if I don't drink at all.

Kirindal on
    edited February 2011
    I think I remember there being talk of themed drinks at Prime. Will any of the bars have themed drinks this time around?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • forging_realityforging_reality Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you !Charmander

Group B please.

honestly, how could I choose anyone else. +1 friend will be joining me. :)

forging_reality on
  • ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I Choose You Team !Squirtle Group B. Me +3 Will be attending for team !Squirtle group B.

Zarien on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Imagine my surprise when I found out that a event focused entirely on drinking to excess doesn't attract very many non-drinkers. :lol: You are both welcome to play cat herder. Just say the word and it's done.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy my fair share of alcohol. Hell, I got my bartending certification, so I could probably help determine what is and isn't legal as far as the challenger drinks go, as well as know their proper names. I just also know that with this being my first PAX, I probably don't want to worry about a massive hangover and running out of Advil on my first day. Plus, I was going to offer to design some sort of badge or something to help designate the Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny for each group. I also have experience "cat herding" as you call it. Getting a group of 10 girls from the pre-game to the social on a busy avenue in a college town is no easy task, but I got them all to the party in one piece (of course at this time I was too nerdy and straightedge to STAY at the party, but still).

feitocomfruta on
  • RokkuRokku Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Charmander I choose you...TEAM A....with my boy Justin and his girl Candace!!!!!!

Rokku on
  • RokkuRokku Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Team +1...forgot that part.

Rokku on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »

Not sure about some other people, but my costume is going to be relatively in-depth. But I'm going as a trainer rather than a Pokemon. ;)

Heleor on
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Suggestion for Team Squirtle: Squirtle Squad glasses:

Squirtle_Squad.png

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Suggestion for Team Squirtle: Squirtle Squad glasses:

Squirtle_Squad.png

:) hmm might be hard to see.

Side note i will be sporting my gunners not quite the same though

Singollo on
  • Obsolete ModelObsolete Model Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does this work instead?

DSC00293-Copy1-1.jpg

Unfortunately you cannot see the tail from this angle but it totally has a tail.

Go Team Squirtle!

And thank you, Athena.

Obsolete Model on
    edited February 2011
    Oh man, I am getting so excited to see drunken Pokemon wandering the streets of Boston! :D

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • UbernewbishUbernewbish Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you,Squirtle! Team B, and I will have one other with me

Ubernewbish on
  • TheSeffTheSeff South Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you !Charmander group B please, +1 for the festivities.

TheSeff on
    I am literally only registered on this forum for the PAX East PokeCrawl; Red Gold four years running. Feel free to ask questions regarding Boston Area bars, restaurants, attractions, etc around PAX East.
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Singollo wrote: »
    :) hmm might be hard to see.

Side note i will be sporting my gunners not quite the same though

Man when you're wearing shades that cool, you don't need to see. People get out of your way.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!